Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2008, 10:41 pm 
Post Master

Congrats shgarland.

Aaron I think you should watch Doomed Megalopolis anyway, I think you'll like it, it reminds me of Requiem from the Darkness (crazy hallucinations, gross concepts, etc.). It looks excellent for a 1991 anime, thanks to Madhouse, and Streamlines dub is pretty good. I've only seen the first episode so I can't really comment on the story, but there is some pretty nasty stuff in it (those parasites are fucking disgusting), but I'm sure you can take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2008, 2:04 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Mmsven,

I've actually seen the first episode of Doomed Megalopolis as well. I need to finish it, don't know why I stopped. Was a while back, so I am probably just going to have to watch the whole thing over again :?

The Adict,

Ya, it was a little odd that I hadn't seen Totoro considering I am a big Miyazaki fan. Now I need to see My Neighbors the Yamadas and one or two others to have seen them all! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2008, 6:22 am 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
Mmsven,

I've actually seen the first episode of Doomed Megalopolis as well. I need to finish it, don't know why I stopped. Was a while back, so I am probably just going to have to watch the whole thing over again :?

That's about what it is for me with both Doomed Megalopolis and Captain Herlock.

Acmurphy wrote:
The Adict,

Ya, it was a little odd that I hadn't seen Totoro considering I am a big Miyazaki fan. Now I need to see My Neighbors the Yamadas and one or two others to have seen them all! :mrgreen:

I haven't seen Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (but that's just because it's Lupin III...). I haven't seen Yamadas yet either, and the other 3 (released in America by Disney) I can think of off the top of my head I haven't seen yet are Porco Rosso, Pom Poko, and The Cat Returns.

In case your interested, Disney's page for Studio Ghibli movies is here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2008, 12:44 pm 

The Cat Returns and Lupin are the best out of that list. At least that is my oppinion.

Thing is my first for Miyazaki was Spirited Away. Then Castel in the Sky, Princess Manoko (can't remember the exact spelling of the title sorry) and Nadia of the Windvalley. Loved the first three, loved Howl's Moving Castel foudn the rest rather disappointing and over hyped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2008, 3:51 pm 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
I need to see My Neighbors the Yamadas...

Yes you do, it's a very pleasant watching experience.
And if you happen to like "Tonari no Yamada-kun" you will most likely also enjoy "Atashinchi".
Some people are repelled by the sheer number of episodes (the show's been running for years) but it doesn't matter. "Atashinchi" is pure slice of life with no whatsoever storyline. It's all about family, life, school, growing up, being married, having kids, having younger brothers, having older sisters, and cultural matters. It teaches you a lot about life in Japan and can be watched in any order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2008, 4:47 pm 
Post Master

The Adict wrote:
Princess Manoko (can't remember the exact spelling of the title sorry) and Nadia of the Windvalley

It's Princess Mononoke and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

I have yet to see My Neighbor Totoro, Wisper of the Heart, The Cat Returns, Pom Poko, Only Yesterday, and Kiki's Delivery Service. But honestly, I don't plan on seeing those, they don't look like they will appeal to me. "Miyazaki's Magic" doesn't work on me as well as it does on some people. I actually found Castle in the Sky rather disappointing. Out of all the Ghibli productions I've seen, only Mononoke, Nausicaa, Spirited Away, and Porco really appealed to me. All the others were just meh.

Last edited by Mmsven on January 6th, 2008, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 1:20 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
The Adict wrote:
Princess Manoko (can't remember the exact spelling of the title sorry) and Nadia of the Windvalley
It's Princess Mononoke and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

I refrained from commenting. Maybe I would have said something jokingly inappropriate. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 7:25 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
I refrained from commenting. Maybe I would have said something jokingly inappropriate. :D

I think Adict has a problem remembering Japanese names, because he never seems to get them right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2008, 10:35 am 
Lurker

I know the contest is over, but I'm surprised you haven't checked out Tokyo Godfathers or that it wasn't suggested yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2008, 3:57 am 
Resident Admin

Mmsven wrote:
42317 wrote:

I think Adict has a problem remembering Japanese names, because he never seems to get them right.

I think Adict is trying to invent a sub-language of English, and he is using the forum as his testing ground! I did get a good laugh out of his Nadia of the Windvalley though :lol:

Kesshi wrote:
I know the contest is over, but I'm surprised you haven't checked out Tokyo Godfathers or that it wasn't suggested yet.

It's on my list! Though, my list is rather long... I'm on a mission to watch all of these more well known movies I have failed to see yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2008, 1:01 am 
Major Contributor

I wonder if I should even ask about all the beeps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2008, 1:31 am 
Resident Admin

You lost me, the beeps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2008, 5:57 pm 
Resident Scholar

Beep

Noun

1. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.

I can't find anything alarming here... so... :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2008, 4:11 am 
Major Contributor

One thing I noticed about shadow skill is that there were a few beeps. They didn't seem to censor everything... but sometimes there'd be something like Elle asking someone or another not to call her a <beeping> monkey. Edit: though I'd have preferred not having it, it wasn't that bad. (Kind of came across as a running gag, actually.) I'm just wondering why they did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2008, 3:43 pm 
Resident Scholar

I don't really feel any smarter now... :|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next