Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently January 17th, 2018, 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2007, 1:53 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Mmsven wrote:
Cab329, the rules say you can only enter ONE. Once again, I feel like I'm the only one reading the rules...

lol, rules never take for people, they are made to be broken after all!

Cab329,

Posted one I was planning on watching anyway, nice work :)

Zaxares,

I'll certainly keep Please Twins in mind, but yes it is over 200 minutes so please pick a different title.

Caiobrz,

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora sounds good. And yes, I will ship to Brazil. Hopefully it will get there if you win, 42317 sadly still hasn't gotten his yet, but he does live a little farther away in Germany.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2007, 3:07 am 
Major Contributor

You don't have Mystery of the Necronomicon and My Neighbor Totoro on your list. My official entry is for Totoro, because it's the one and only Ghibli title (out of the 8 that I have) that isn't already in your list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2007, 12:07 pm 
Resident Admin

I don't rate hentai titles on my ANN anime list, so I have seen Mystery of the Necronomicon. However, as will almost every hentai title not reviewed by me here, I didn't actually "watch" it, so it would still be safe to recommend it to me, or any other hentai title really.

Now, for your actual entry, I was waiting for someone to enter one of the few Ghibli films I have yet to see, nice work :D I am a fan of most every Ghibli film I have seen, so hopefully Totoro will live up to the high expectations I have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2007, 2:13 pm 
Regular

Just a clarification to Mmsven, Hanbun is NOT a TV-series, it is an OVA, you might as well check ANN or other sites. It's about 150 minutes.

Damn it I did not see Acmurphy did not have Totoro at his list =/ here I thought it was a sure win for me =p

BTW Brazilian's post office is worldwide well know as one of the best in the world. In late 90's it was listed as the best and most trusted post office in the world. It's the only thing (really, >>ONLY<<) I'm proud on this country. My packs from Amazon or Amazon.jp usually arrive 3~4 times faster than their most optimistic estimates =D (last estimate were 3~5 weeks ... got here in 10 days :mrgreen: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2007, 6:33 pm 
Major Contributor

On Necronomicon, I agree with Ro that "It seemed as if the sexual parts were just thrown in for the sake of having some." I dunno if I agree with her examples, though. The earlier scene (in the order they take place in the series) gave the girl involved motive and opportunity in her blackmailer's murder. For the other scene...just pay attention to what she says to lead into the scene. I suppose you could call it a play on the earlier character... The problem is there's no apparent reason for her to say something like that other than the librarian actually being the earlier character in spite of her apparent fate. He could have known her from being in Maine six years earlier, but there's nothing to imply that's the case. Besides, why else would you be able to fast forward through the episode 4 credits to see that earlier girl clearly alive?

As for Totoro...if I had to pick between the two, Totoro wins easily. Definitely the better of the two. Probably geared for a younger audience, but the same can be said for most of the other Ghibli DVDs I have, and they all work as well for me as I think they would for the younger audience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2007, 9:19 pm 
Post Master

Caiobrz wrote:
Just a clarification to Mmsven, Hanbun is NOT a TV-series, it is an OVA, you might as well check ANN or other sites. It's about 150 minutes.

Yeah, I got the info from ANN.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=6300

It says TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2007, 9:38 pm 
Regular

hmm yeah according to reliable sources (a.k.a. official sites http://www.hantsuki.com/dvd_cd/index.html, japanese wikipedia http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/&#21322;&#20998;の月がのぼる空) it was indeed aired before sold at WOWOW (http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/hantsuki/) but it's been sold on video now.

If Acmurphy feels like not accepting my suggestion I can look for other stuff though by the looks of it his choice of words were more towards small OVA/movie sized series rather than tecnicalities. I still consider a 6 ep "series" as an OVA anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2007, 11:11 pm 
Resident Admin

All I really care about is that it is under 200 minutes. I just didn't say you could include TV series under 200 minutes since that would be a rather odd find, but if you do you can go ahead and recommend it, just as long as it is under 200 minutes :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2007, 12:19 am 
Regular

Well so I keep my recommendation at Hanbun =p even with OP/ED it's below 200min =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2007, 12:46 pm 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
6) I will watch anything, except yaoi.

You ignorant couch-dweller! :lol:

Mmsven wrote:
AHHH! SHIT! I just ordered that fucking boxset yesterday!

If you win, sell the box that you just ordered... :D

On my behalf:
Where do we post recommendation?
Right here or in some special thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2007, 1:03 pm 
Resident Admin

Ya, just post it here. Might want to read through the other ones as well, to make sure you don't recommend the same title as someone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 2:11 am 

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed C.E.73: Stargazer

probably one of the few things in the Seed universe where you dont have to watch everything else/flashbacks to get whats going on. although people who have will get small "oh i know that character/robot/inanimate object" feeling as a few of the characters from the main GS destiny pop in now and again. its a good view though, but one of the more brutal gundam pieces i've seen (then again i havent seen everything so who am i to judge).

give it a whirl and see how you like it.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 4:31 pm 
Resident Scholar

Caiobrz wrote:
I still consider a 6 ep "series" as an OVA anyway.

The term OVA theoretically doesn't say anything about the series play time. The label "Original Video Animation" actually only means that the product was neither meant for cinema nor for TV release. OVAs being short is just established practice.
The ANN explanation is pretty general.

As for my entry... since shgarland found the "Totoro gap" in your ANN list, I shall choose
Grave of the Fireflies

It came as a double release with Totoro because it's so emotional. Totoro can raise your spirits on even the darkest days... and Grave of the Fireflies is pretty depressing. I read the 1967 novel by Akiyuki Nosaka before I saw the movie and I can tell you the book is even harder...
A very impressive anti-war statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 6:02 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
It came as a double release with Totoro because it's so emotional. Totoro can raise your spirits on even the darkest days... and Grave of the Fireflies is pretty depressing. I read the 1967 novel by Akiyuki Nosaka before I saw the movie and I can tell you the book is even harder...
A very impressive anti-war statement.

double release?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 6:04 pm 
Post Master

shgarland wrote:
double release?

2 DVDs sold together in a package. Like this Gonzo double pack. I think thats what hes talking about.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next