Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 4:47 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Alright, we have a first and second place winner in the AMV contest.

1st place goes to... Cab329 with his Berserk Requiem for a Dream AMV.

2nd place goes to... 42317 with his Princess Mononoke - The Mummer's Dance AMV.

2nd place was a close call, as I have the The Mummer's Dance AMV already, but the other AMV that would have won was posted by 42317 anyway, so it worked out. (That would have been Cowboy Bebop Still Loving You AMV).

I would like to thank all those that entered videos into the contest. I had planned initially to watch all of them at the end, like I did, but it did pose some problems as about 5 of the videos entered were no longer available on YouTube by the time I got to them... oh well. Also, about a fourth of the videos posted were for NGE, one of my most hated titles, and watching through all of them reminded me of why I didn't like the show, so sadly those ones didn't fare too well :cry: Most AMV's posted were pretty good, minus the Eva ones, but the only one that brought emotional weight with it to me was the Berserk Requiem one. Possibly helped by the fact that I love that song! The Princess Mononoke The Mummer's Dance one is a personal favorite of my to begin with, but neither that nor the CB Still loving you AMVs carried enough of a punch to overtake the Requiem.

Honorable Mentions:
CommonDeer - Princess Mononoke: Memories - Within Temptaion
42317 - Escaflowne - My Way
mmsevn - FMA - From the Ashes

There were others, but it is too much work to refind them at this point :D

Please send me your addresses (Via PM) so I can get the box sets shipped out to you guys. I am going to try and get them sent out tomorrow if at all possible.

Thanks again everyone, now it is time to think up the next one :twisted: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 6:08 pm 
Resident Scholar

Haaaa... what shall I say...

GIMME THE PRIZE!

(The link I had originally posted was obviously deleted... *sobsobsob*... such a cool AMV...)

Cab329, congratulations. I can't keep up with Berserk... so far I have found only one which I really liked... uh, it had "Anarchy" by KMFDM as the soundtrack, but I only have it in poor quality and I think it was never "remastered".

acmurphy, as for Shin Seiki Evangelion your ANN list said the show was "not very good", alright, that's why I posted funny stuff like the BEER IS GOOD! AMV... for no good as it seems. :cry:

Oh well, "Spiral" is good I guess. It's nothing any of my Anime Club associates own (whereas half of them has the 2nd Gig), so I remain true to my motto not to be like others... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 7:22 pm 
Regular

SWEET!

Congrats 42317

I'll send you my address in a bit Acmurphy :D

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 12:38 am 
Post Master

Congratulations you two. First prize is really pretty.

Atleast I got an honorable mention from my only submission :) I didnt feel like going crazy on this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 2:07 am 

Congratulations!! wow, I would have loved to win the first prize, it's just awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 2:10 pm 
Resident Admin

42317 wrote:
acmurphy, as for Shin Seiki Evangelion your ANN list said the show was "not very good", alright, that's why I posted funny stuff like the BEER IS GOOD! AMV... for no good as it seems. :cry:

It is true that the AMV's for NGE that were comedy based had a better chance than if they were serious, so your thought process on that wasn't off. I'm just not big on comedy AMV's overall.

Also, in case you didn't get my PM, I do need to get your address so I can send out the box set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 2:36 pm 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
It is true that the AMV's for NGE that were comedy based had a better chance than if they were serious, so your thought process on that wasn't off. I'm just not big on comedy AMV's overall.

The eventual choice you made suggests that. Like, I wouldn't have thought that "Escaflowne - My Way" would receive an "honorable mention"... it's a good video but, hmpf, Limp Bizkit... I wouldn't say it was more special than, let's say, the serious Bebop videos, like "Still loving you" or "I'm dying", which I like much more.
Seems to me our tastes are quite different and winning a prize almost comes like a little miracle... :D

Mmsven wrote:
At least I got an honorable mention from my only submission... I didnt feel like going crazy on this one.

Well, you're the King of the Sigs, no doubt about that, and your works are awesome. Good, creative ability. I, on the other hand, am just a collector of AMVs.
Editing an own AMV would have been some task... for which I'd lack the software. :cry:
Well, collecting for these last seven years must've been good for something.

Thanks everyone for your interesting contributions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 11:46 pm 

Well, I dunno, I still think Cowboy Bebop The Movie: Johnny Cash - Dressed in Black was the best video of them all. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 12:30 am 
Resident Admin

:D I'm a big fan of NHMK videos and happen to to like some Limp Bizkit, plus I am a big Esca fan. Though this is not to say I didn't like the CB I'm Dying video you posted, because I did like it a lot. But the Escaflowne one was a nice change of pace from the 11 CB videos posted, and the Still Loving You one just did a little something more for me than the I'm dying one. Just figure your Im Dying video was one of the unfortunate "There were others, but it is too much work to refind them at this point " ones. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2007, 1:40 am 
Lurker

Congrats to the winners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2008, 4:06 pm 
Resident Scholar

My signed winner's package has arrived yesterday without any customs' meddling.
It's all in place and without a scratch. I just haven't checked the DVDs, uh, "playability" yet - is that a word?
Nice handwriting, Aaron, by the way. :D

The only slightly annoying thing is that the DVDs don't have numbers.
Okay, the covers say "1, 2, 3", but the two DVDs inside each cover don't have discrete numbers.
Whyever.

Thanks a lot for your efforts. It became a complicated matter, but finally all is well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2008, 6:07 pm 
Resident Admin

42317 wrote:
My signed winner's package has arrived yesterday without any customs' meddling.
It's all in place and without a scratch. I just haven't checked the DVDs, uh, "playability" yet - is that a word?

Well, I hadn't really cognated this fact, but you will need a region 1 dvd player, or a no region dvd player... How this one escaped me I am not sure. Hopefully you do though.

42317 wrote:
Nice handwriting, Aaron, by the way. :D

Why, thank you :D Sadly it seems to have gotten a little smugged, guess the felt tip pen didn't keep itself on there to well :( (42317 asked me to sign it, for those of you wondering why I signed the box)

42317 wrote:
The only slightly annoying thing is that the DVDs don't have numbers.
Okay, the covers say "1, 2, 3", but the two DVDs inside each cover don't have discrete numbers.
Whyever.

Thanks a lot for your efforts. It became a complicated matter, but finally all is well.

Ya, not having any number at all on the disc is rather annoying. Even when they don't actually put disc one, two, etc. on the disc they usually have some type of progressive number system so you can figure out with one goes first. These have nothing, so it is annoying indeed.

Glad it finally got to you though, after the foul up the first time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2008, 7:38 pm 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
I hadn't really cognated this fact, but you will need a region 1 dvd player, or a no region dvd player...

I dunno about DVD players in the US, but players that are not codefree or, what's it called... code-flexible (meaning you can switch the region in the setup any time you like) don't stand a chance on the market over here. People wouldn't buy them, so flexible players are pretty much the standard.