Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Which one should go onto the next round?
Poll ended at May 8th, 2011, 2:27 pm
Tank 100%  100%  [ 5 ]
Rhythm emotion 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: OP&ED 3rdROUND #4: Cowboy Bebop OP vs Gundam Wing OP
PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 2:27 pm 

------------------------------------ THIRD ROUND----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cowboy Bebop OP “Tank”

------------------------------------------VS-----------------------------------------------

Gundam Wing OP "Rhythm Emotion"

Tank is a song by Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts. Kanno, besides being a living legend and goddess of music, is also great composer, arranger and musician, known for her excellent work in several anime series soundtracks, including: Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus, Gundam, The Vision of Escaflowne, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Wolf's Rain. She has also composed songs for many japanese artists. She is a keyboardist at The Seatbelts, a Japanese blues/jazz band that led by Kanno herself. The members of the band include several acclaimed musicians from all over the world their style is very diverse and ranges from straightforward big band jazz, blues, acoustic ballads, hard rock, country, funk to electronic, hip-hop and experimental compositions/elements. For those who have not listened to their music but NOW DO, there is no best place to start than the very own Cowboy Beop Soudntrack. Get the CD or a high quality copy, sit back and listen through mid or high end phones, just how one would listen to Pink Floyd!!
Image<--------This woman, my fellow animetric members, is Yoko Kanno.
Cowboy Bebop Its 26 episodes ("sessions") comprise a complete storyline: set in 2071, the series follows the adventures, misadventures and tragedies of a group of bounty hunters, or "cowboys", traveling on their spaceship, the Bebop. This series packs so much style that no other series has been able and no series probably will ever match. Bebop is like Jazz, simply put at superior level than everything else.
--------------------------------------------------------
Rhythm emotion
is a song performed by Two Mix, a Japanese pop group formed in 1995 by Minami Takayama (vocals and composer) and Shiina Nagano (synthesizer and lyricist). Their style is fast electronic pop. They have also been featured in Detective Conan. They seem like an obscure band, but this song is really good, if they can produce stuff similar to it they definitely have the quality for anyone to listen to.
Gundam Wing, another cult series, one that I haven't seen nor planned to watch, but after noticing the excellent opening that it is Rhythm emotion I've felt compelled to watch it.
Here is a brief synopsis for those who like me have not watched this series yet: Thousands of People live on giant orbiting space colonies called "Sides." However, the Earth Government, which rules the colonies, is unjust and cruel. A group of revolutionaries builds five robotic Gundams and plans to send them to Earth to begin their fight for independence. Piloted by five young men, their hopes and dreams of freedom of the colonists with them as they descend to Earth to begin Operation Meteor!

Post subject: Re: OP&ED 3rdROUND #4: Cowboy Bebop OP vs Gundam Wing OP
PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 2:45 pm 
Major Contributor

A no brainer here, you just can't top the perfection that is "Tank" which is why it gets my vote. At this point, "Rhythm Emotion" is typical J-pop drivel that has gotten boring by now while "Tank" never gets old with it's jazzy rhythm and i would peg it as one of the grand prize winners not only in the beat but with the way the characters and experimental coloring mix well for a memorable opening sequence.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 2:50 pm 

G-Core wrote:
you just can't top the perfection that is "Tank" which is why it gets my vote. At this point, "Rhythm Emotion" is typical J-pop drivel that has gotten boring by now while "Tank" never gets old with it's jazzy rhythm and i would peg it as one of the grand prize winners not only in the beat but with the way the characters and experimental coloring mix well for a memorable opening sequence.
Nice choice of words there.
I'm still warming up to Rhythm emotion, I find the very first part of the song really awesome, it really it's a great build up for the rest of the song. I feel I should vote for this one given that everyone will most likely go with Tank. But that would not be honest, so I have to go for the better song, Tank.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2011, 7:12 am 
Resident Scholar

"Rhythm Emotion" is being walked all over... :sweat:
"Tank" is a giant of an opponent.