Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 17th, 2017, 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fist of the North Star AMVs
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2009, 7:15 pm 
Major Contributor

Anime: Fist of the North Star
Song: The Rukus
Performed by: Technical Itch

Last edited by G-Core on August 4th, 2009, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Fist of the North Star AMVs
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2009, 6:45 pm 
Resident Scholar

Golly, that's one of the most unpleasant electronic pieces of "music" I have ever heard. I find it utterly boring as the monotony of the soundtrack puts me to sleep.
Video quality is abysmal, it looks like the footage was ripped from a tape version of the HokutĂ´ no Ken movie. I dunno whether there even is a DVD version and whether it is in any way optically different from the tape version, so I'll accept the lack of better quality as an excuse.
Last but not least it gives off the impression that the creator just glued together single scenes that he found cool and dubbed it with a piece of mp3 that he seemed to like - "scenes + music = AMV". NOT.

Of course this is only my personal opinion.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2009, 9:03 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Golly, that's one of the most unpleasant electronic pieces of "music" I have ever heard. I find it utterly boring as the monotony of the soundtrack puts me to sleep.
Video quality is abysmal, it looks like the footage was ripped from a tape version of the HokutĂ´ no Ken movie. I dunno whether there even is a DVD version and whether it is in any way optically different from the tape version, so I'll accept the lack of better quality as an excuse.
Last but not least it gives off the impression that the creator just glued together single scenes that he found cool and dubbed it with a piece of mp3 that he seemed to like - "scenes + music = AMV". NOT.

Of course this is only my personal opinion.

I gather you're not a big fan of drum n bass music, then. That's all right, i'm not gonna be judgmental anymore. And yeah, the footage looks VHS quality but in the end, it was the way the scenes were edited that won me over as well as the song. Even though i always said that if i ever get involved in film that i wanted to be a director, i think i'd be better suited to be an editor since the two MVs i have made so far which aren't on display in the internet yet but are saved on CD, i was able to edit the scenes so that they fit the moods of the song i selected for each video. I have yet to find a way to be able to take the CDs and take the footage and showcase it on the net since i've wasted my Youtube access but any help in some other way to do it would be appreciated.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 6:05 pm 
Resident Scholar

I kinda like this one:

Watch this and cry: :lol2:

Back to the serious matter...
This guy has some basic timing skills, but his cutting skills still need a good deal of honing - and the footage is also of abysmal quality: :sweat:

PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 2:00 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
I kinda like this one:

That's a different variation of the "Mortal Kombat" song, right? I still have the soundtrack from The Immortals in my CD collection; thank God it's lasted so long without breaking down :booyah: ; and the original version of the song has "Test your might" and "FIGHT!!!" instead of "Flawless victory" and "Finish him". It also only mentions the fighters in this order: Kano, Liu Kang, Rayden, Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya. It's a very nice version, though. As for the video, i thought it was pretty good. The editing was done nicely. :)

Quote:
Watch this and cry: :lol2:

I was literally speechless watching it, and i felt it sucked ESPECIALLY due to the repetitive missed punches scene that gets repetitive to the point that it's more annoying than the song.

Quote:
Back to the serious matter...
This guy has some basic timing skills, but his cutting skills still need a good deal of honing - and the footage is also of abysmal quality: :sweat:

I LUV FEAR FACTORY!!! :d^_^b: The quality didn't bother me and the editing was great...somewhat. :| Although the creator should've used a "Shock" song that didn't stop so much. :d-_-b: Don't know whether it was due to the track or the video making equipment had a part on that since it usually stopped during scene transitions.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2009, 2:32 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
42317 wrote:
Hokuto no Ken - Tsurupettan

I was literally speechless watching it, and i felt it sucked ESPECIALLY due to the repetitive missed punches scene that gets repetitive to the point that it's more annoying than the song.

Well, I never claimed that I posted this video because I liked it. :lol:

PostPosted: August 17th, 2009, 2:42 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Well, I never claimed that I posted this video because I liked it. :lol:

No doubt. :mrgreen:

The quality sucks on this upcoming AMV, and there ain't much fighting shown but i loved how the video kinda played off a bit of a mini story. And how could i POSSIBLY turn down Rammstein?! :wink:

Anime: Fist of the North Star
Song: Sonne
Performed by: Rammstein