Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2008, 9:59 am 
Resident Scholar

First off, nice picture.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
The Imperial Suns do it under the guise of ’showing the plebeians the road to glory’.

Why don't you replace "plebeians" with "proletarians"? It gives the whole thing more ideological spice.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Her Mauser C96 might seem simple, but is actually a special experimental weapon that can be loaded with Anti-Tank bullets.

Okaaay... I'm not asking what magnificient propellant this weapon uses to accelerate the projectile, given the fact that a Mauser projectile's mass is hardly big enough to deliver the necessary punch against however developed sci-fi armor alloys... thus it has to be done with high-velocity technology, right? 8)

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
The Lord (...)'s the brigade marksman and wields a Gewehr 43.

The G43 has a good reputation, okay, but isn't it a bit antique for a stellar war? I mean, even in WWII it was inferior to the M1 Garrand.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
The sight of her blowing flames into your face with her hair billowing out behind her is enough to command fear into most enemies.

Quoting the "Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin" manual:
"Even the most hard-boiled troops break when they burn." :D

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Her flamethrower can accept an additional canister of special fuel along with the regular fuel intake from her backpack to blow out a much more intense flame that can melt even tank armour.

That's a flashy idea, but as long as you don't come along with a new theory of tank protection against flame throwers, I'd say it's obsolete. Tanks are tough, but they have openings, since the engine needs cooling and the crew needs to breathe. They can be destroyed with normal gasoline throwers.
Of course there's not only armored vehicles. She might have to burn through steel walls of bunkers and fortresses and stuff.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
The Butcher would actually be an Imperial Suns agent, sent to hunt the Papillon Brigade. But in the end, a plot is unveiled that the Imperial Suns plan to take out the Papillon Brigade with an airstrike along with him. Realizing the dishonourable ways of his home nation, he helps the Brigade escape

Well, he can feel personally pissed, realizing he is considered disposable, but generally, taking out an elite enemy unit with an airstrike is not "dishonorable". They end up sacrificing one single trooper to achieve this. So what? I would call that a major military success if it works, and a minor setback if it fails. No, not even a minor setback: What's a single soldier in a stellar war that includes several hundred millions of armed forces, plus billions at home working to supply the front? It's a drop of water taken from an ocean. Quoting "Bridge on the River Kwai":
"Do not speak to me of rules! This is war! This is not a game of cricket!"

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Wields an oversized katana, capable of beheading entire squadrons

Isn't that a bit exaggerated? :lol:

What is a "squadron"?
According to Webster's dictionary
1. A cavalry unit consisting of two or more troops and headquarters and supporting arms.
2. An air force unit larger than a flight and smaller than a group.
3. A naval unit that is detached from the fleet for a particular task.

You might have had "squads" in mind... groups of 6 to 12 soldiers (nowadays).

But as long as they don't line up and hold still... still exaggerated! :lol:

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Its fun working on concepts.

Sure it is. I just hope you can keep all your puzzle pieces together.
The big picture looks pretty exciting so far.

Post subject: Re: Storm Shinobi's STUFFs
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2008, 10:22 pm 

I've been kinda neglecting my pet projects for a while.

Well I've joined some team somewhere making a Type-Moon fangame where I am designing a character thats in the existing universe but doesn't have a design. So I just got Altrouge Brunestud, 'Lord of Blood and Contract', looks like a 14-year old girl and powerful old vampire to work with. And sort of a sister to Arcueid Brunestud.

After many trials and tribulations, this is probably the direction it'd be heading in. I'm kinda justifying the design after I've designed it though. The wedding dress like getup can symbolize contract, and the whole dress can be red, symbolizing blood. Blood and Contract!

I was working on a unique uniform for the Papillon Brigade, but that wasn't quite fruitful. I kinda decided I shouldn't rip off existing uniforms entirely for some reason, and tried to pull something out.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2008, 4:50 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I've been kinda neglecting my pet projects for a while.

Well, it's good to hear something from you eventually. It's been a while.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2008, 12:22 pm 

I've come up with yet another new pet project. I swear I have too many of these things.

First are the drawings.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/ ... rough1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/ ... rough2.jpg

And now for the massive block of text! And here I present... DOLL WARS. NINGYOU SENTOU!! Or maybe NINGYOU TAISEN instead. Ah whatever.

So we go to a setting in our favourite Enid Blyton stories, TOYLAND. Except you set half the bloody place on fire and make half of them possessed by demons more like. So you get the goodie two shoes, the nice little toys with their beaming faces, cookies and tea parties. Then you get the evil bastards, tearing at their seams, stitched up and generally freaky ass looking with cleavers and shit.

Since we're kinda looking back at Enid Blyton's Toylands, we won't be having any electronically powered toys. Its all unplugged stuff. Clockwork is as mechanical as it gets.

Back to the story, theres a war between the two sides. The good guys are led by some pacifist of a Fairy Queen doll, and the other side is just this unorganized mob that does as they please, with various sub leaders at each other's necks.

Eventually many good toys are lost to the slaughter and flames. Despite so, the Fairy Queen, refuses to organize forces to fight back and sits there, being all peaceful and sipping her tea and generally being useless, and keeping all the forces around her. The survivors of the slaughter and flames, form a resistance group and take up arm. First to defend themselves, and then save others, and then take the fight to the enemy. And thus the Stuffed Animal Resistance Front is formed, led by Captain Stitches, a stuffed bunny thats 3 times the bunny of any bunny. Under his leadership, they manage to grow in numbers and forces(pilfering cotton from the wounds of their enemies to make more troops!). But with only stuffed animals and ragdolls, having being stitched together from many battle wounds and to quickly increase their numbers... theres only so much they can do.

Captain Stitches realizes they are in need of more serious firepower. What they need is a Doll, the pinnacle of toy craftsmanship, imbued with powerful magic and capable of much creation.... or destruction. But with no access to the Queen's artificers, and the sacred materials and finally the Soul Gem, the very vessel that contains the soul required.... they would just have to make do with whatever they find.

After many raids, battles and pillages, combined with searching the more peaceful inner lands yet untouched by evil... they come up with an assortment of doll parts. And thus they manage to somehow create a doll of their own! However, the only soul gem they have was pieced together and refined from the remains of various soul gems. Including fragments from their foes. There is no guarantee what the result would be like. Despite so, Captain Stitches orders the completion of the doll, seeing how maintaining the status quo isn't going to make things any better. And thus or protagonist and heroine, Eleanor of the Twilight, the doll of Dark Hope is born. Clad in frills, leather, with its share of buckles and plenty inspired by Visual-Kei!

Due to her construction, she's both good and evil and yet, neither at the same time. Her birth is celebrated, and is told the circumstances of her birth and the situation of the world. And thus she must master both the dark and light and decide on the path she takes, taking whoever will follow with her.

Being a Doll, her capabilities are far beyond her fluffy stitched together resistance friends. Capable of utilizing powerful magic, as well as being stronger and faster than most of her allies. At her command, would be various troops.

First up, we got your Bunny Troopers. With masks screwed into their faces, wielding cleavers and stitched together rather hastily... they are easy to make and repair. Small and weak individually but fast and powerful in numbers.

Then you got the Teddy Bears. Standing at least twice as tall as Eleanor, these lumbering cuddly things are incredibly strong and can take much punishment. And for as much punishment they can take, they can also deal it with the large metal claws grafted onto their paws.

Then you got your Ragdolls(despite not being animals, they are indeed stuffed). Humanoid stuffed dolls, while not as strong as Teddy Bears, are far more versatile and stronger than your bunny troopers. Capable of wielding an assortment of weapons and doing various jobs.

Then we get your canines and felines. Attack dogs, stuffed dogs with mouths full of sharp teeth, and equally sharp claws at the ready. General fast blitz attack unit. The felines are however, in the opposite role: Cat Magicians! Capable of using simple magic individually, but combined in groups are capable of using huge spells. General ranged support/artillery unit.

Up next are the Siege Piggy Banks! They have been modified to be able to snort giant coins out of their nostril slots. And thus they fire giant coins at their foes, smashing them behind a large disc of copper or nickel.

As for support, you get garden gnomes that act as their craftsmen and smiths. And magical spools of thread with their own needles, that go around stitching up wounds and reviving fallen allies.

Finally theres Captain Stitches. A stuffed bunny standing as tall as a Ragdoll. He wears an admiral's jacket(which is of course... red) and has his special leader mask screwed onto his face. He wields Shark hand puppet called Cleopatra(based off my own shark handpuppet of the same name). With the puppet, he can bite and claw at his foes, and even fire teeth at them. And nothing is cooler than using a shark to rip the guts of your enemies out and all over the place! Easily as capable Eleanor in combat, only outmatched by the fact he lacks magic powers.

Now what exactly would this be? Probably some kinda strange concept for some hybrid genre of a game. Mix of action rpg and rts perhaps? And there'd be the freedom in the game to either be goodie two shoes, and nuke the evil and bring light back to the land with questionable ways. Or unite the evil hordes, and go against your creators and masters. Or instead, reset the land, destroy everything and become the new queen bitch of toyland.

Settings would include like some underground furnace, kept alight by doll parts, nice pretty forests with toadstools and dancing toys having their tea parties(possibly being set alight by the evil toys or the protagonist). You get your nice white castle for the Fairy Queen of Toys, and then you get the dark gothic castles with their buttresses and gargoyles and spires(no idea what I'm talking about anymore). And lava moats.

Basically typical fantasy settings. Filled with toys. With a few steampunk exceptions maybe, a clockwork city of clockwork toys, clockwork golems of mass destruction, amongst other things. Fun stuff. Which would mean Eleanor and the SARF will have more types of troops to use! And you can bet we'll get evil toy clowns. Of much evil.

I'm bummed out coming up with so much crap all of a sudden.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2008, 12:58 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
^Whoa! Me like it!

I like the theme of the story and it sound very original and interesting at the same time. I wonder if you're gonna make more drawings of this series. If ya do I like to see more! Deranged teddy bears with blades and claws are awesome in my book! :twisted:

PostPosted: August 15th, 2008, 6:42 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Wings_Of_Gray/dw-rough1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/ ... rough2.jpg

That does look kinda strange...

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
NINGYOU SENTOU!! Or maybe NINGYOU TAISEN instead. Ah whatever.

"Sentô" means "battle".
"Taisen" means "war".
How epic will it be? :D

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
the Stuffed Animal Resistance Front is formed, led by Captain Stitches, a stuffed bunny thats 3 times the bunny of any bunny.

Kevin Dewclaw? :lol:

I admire your inspiration, but what exactly happened to the projects that you introduced before?

PostPosted: August 15th, 2008, 10:27 pm 

Until I learn enough programming skills, they aren't going anywhere(or this is just an excuse, but Battle Maid Chronicles was intended as a game concept anyway). Its not like I've abandoned anything. I could continue planning and chuck out more art, but I'm an insane whimsical bastard so I just come up with more new ideas. I think its best to have as many ideas under my belt to pick from when it comes to working on something all the way. I suppose I could always get off my ass and grab an ink pen and try to do some short strips or something.

That said my little pet projects have been kinda put on delay/hold/slowness because I've joined a circle. Its more or less an international circle of Type-Moon fans, and we're working on a doujin game, me as an artist and I dabble here and there. The demo is going to be published in Sunshine Creation 41, some convention of sorts. Hence I'm going to have to juggle work for that, juggle my various personal stuff and my new university timetable that likes to end at 5pm everyday. Its quite an argh.

Anyway I have no intentions of getting rid of my other little projects or characters. I spent too much time on Erika Rosenthal to just let her drop. And if I were to scrap stuff, they always come back in some form or another, whether as a whole or in pieces. My focus unfortunately tends to derail alot, as I derive most of my joy from coming up and laying out the foundations of a new concept, rather than building it. I'm just some kinda mad designer that keeps throwing out blue prints.

Anyway the 3 times the bunny joke is a reference to Char Aznable, The Red Comet of Gundam fame, since he piloted a red Zaku at the start that was 3 times faster than the other Zakus.

PostPosted: August 16th, 2008, 5:52 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Do elaborate on this circle you have joined and the doujin game you are currently working on!

PostPosted: August 16th, 2008, 1:05 pm 

The circle name is Black Sheep Symphony, which I'm positive nobody has heard of since its just been formed!

Basically theres:
http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~typemoon/
The Moonlit World, a Type-Moon fansite made by a Japanese guy known as Evo. And fansites come with communities! Anyway Type-Moon is the group behind Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night and Kara no Kyokai. The former two being eroge and the later being a bunch of novels. They have been adapted into manga and anime. F/SN even has a prequel light novel lineup. KnK has made it to the big screen with a crazy Heptology of short 'movies'(currently the first three are out, no idea about the rest).

http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/
And hence you get Beast's Lair, basically the forum of The Moonlit World. So you get a collection of Type-Moon fans outside Japan. Well I think we do have a few Japanese people hanging about outside of Evo, but I don't think theres many.

And one day Evo decides to make a Type-Moon fangame, and uses Beast's Lair as the recruiting pool. And so as a resident artist, I decided to sign up as an artist. And thus I'm a line artist for the game, and will do sprites if it comes to that, or whatever I'm capable of doing.

The game is known as Type-A, and its a big crossover of most of Type-Moon's works. And its a side scrolling flying shooter, think Gradius, minus Options. And thats basically it. If you look a few posts up, Altrouge, the girl in the wedding dress getup is one of Type-Moon's mentioned only characters, and one of my many tasks was her design.

That about sums it up.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2008, 5:26 pm 
Resident Admin

Well that's pretty sweet that you're involved in doing some of the artwork for an actual game, even if it is only a fan game. Reminds me of PunkDaddy and the game he is creating, though that is more of a commercial product than just for kicks. How many people are working on the project? How long does it look like it's going to take for you all to finish the project? I would imagine that actually programing the game is going to be a bit difficult. Do people on the forum actually know how to program a game like that? I guess someone must, or at least know of someone that can do the work on it.

Getting the demo published in Sunshine Creation 41 does sound pretty sweet, and you must be making the game pretty good to try and get it in!

Could you post up some of the artwork you have done for the game, so we can see what exactly your talents are being used for and how it looks?

PostPosted: August 17th, 2008, 9:41 pm 

Its only going to be a demo though at Sunshine Creation 41. We're going to pack the disc full of other fan material, like 4komas and artwork, otherwise it wouldn't be worth buying. That said, we already got a booth.

There should be no issues with programming so far, and we basically have just about everybody we need. Problem would be time constraints(seeing we got until October the somethinguth, and that most of us are lazy bastards).

The only real work I've done so far was Altrouge's design, as I mentioned way up there. Although she had like 6-7 bloody incarnations since I couldn't make up my mind. When I free up some time, I'm going to work on some more finalized lineart of other Type-Moon characters for the demo. I'm solely a line artist though, since we have many other artists we're getting one person to 'ink' and colour them all to maintain some form of consistency and style.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2008, 5:04 am 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
Do elaborate on this circle you have joined and the doujin game you are currently working on!

Impressive imperative! :D

PostPosted: August 29th, 2008, 7:00 pm 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/ ... /sion1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/ ... /sion2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/ ... /sion3.jpg

A series of character lineart for the game. The character is Sion Eltnam Atlasia, from the Melty Blood line of games.

We only have a month left and things seem pretty full of holes still, but I'll try my best to patch up character art and possibly even get some spriting done, since we have AWOL spriters.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2008, 7:37 pm 
Resident Scholar

Well, good luck then. :D

PostPosted: August 30th, 2008, 9:03 pm 
Resident Admin

Nice

So are you going to have to add color to the designs or are they just going to stay as they are for times sake? I'm not terribly familiar with these types of games so I really don't know what the finished product is exactly supposed to look/be like.

And what are these spriters that seem to have dropped the ball?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next