Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2008, 11:04 pm 

I think the sudden emergence of a complicated family background and all that stuff will make for a good way to give the the premise closure. So I am somewhat serious about it hahaha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2008, 8:18 am 
Resident Scholar

But such complicated complications, duh, might indeliberately pull it into the ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 12th, 2008, 5:14 am 

The premise is inevitably ridiculous in various ways and in all directions and dimensions.

I drew her as a bunny girl. Why? I don't know. And I decided to draw some strange bunny like creature on her tray, inspired by the Titans Test Team MS Emblems, from Advance of Zeta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 12th, 2008, 4:11 pm 
Resident Scholar

You seem to like heavy-looking shoes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2008, 12:16 am 

Decided to take a break from BMC for a bit. After coming up with a trippy feudalistic Japanese world, thats kinda like Mushishi and XXXHolic smushed together in some whacko kinda world like Kino no Tabi. Its basically about some kimono girl traveling around, seeing some pretty weird shit and places. And I'll probably read up on random East Asian folklore and kinda adapt my own versions into it, if I ever get anything done that is hahaha.

The lead character is Kumiho. Who is hinted to be a fox spirit, due to her kitsune mask and less noticeably, the comb in her hair bears a glow in a dark pearl which is meant to symbolize a fox fire or kitsune-bi somewhat. Plus her name is the Korean name for their 9-tailed fox. And she'll be traveling the world, dealing with strange merchants and bandits, be stalked by a Hibagon, drink sake with a Tsuchinoko that claims to be the descendant of Yamato-no-Orochi and even be proposed to by an Oni. Since she has a Korean name, I'll probably make the world have like ancient China styled towns, and Korean stuff or something. It'd be some kinda Alice in East Asian Wonderland. Except the 'Alice' didn't follow a bunny down a hole and was in Wonderland in the first place.

I think I'll have to work on giving her a more different face than that of Eri's.

As for the name of the premise, since its supposed to be trippy, maybe I'll name it after a type of Sake or drug. Haha. Its temporarily(could be permanent) Aspergillus Oryzae. Inspired by Moyashimon. Its the name of a type of yeast/mold/microbe/thingy! that is used to convert starch to sugars, and is hence used in the creation of sake and miso and other things. Kinda picked it due to its relevance to sake, and that the heroine is fond of sake. That and it sounds totally random, trippy and unrelated to most people(probably).

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2008, 8:55 am 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Hibagon, Tsuchinoko, Yamato-no-Orochi

Maybe you should explain what that is - unless all of our members share a common knowledge about such terms?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2008, 9:07 am 

Hibagon would be a Japanese version of Bigfoot. Tsuchinoko is some sort of aquatic snake/eel like thing, that supposedly has a poisonous bite and a liking for sake. I spelled it wrong there but Yamata-no-Orochi is an eight headed serpent of Japanese mythology that was slain by Susannoo, the God of storms and the sea. I was kinda just scanning through cryptids and stuff in wikipedia to give me ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2008, 7:27 am 
Post Master

That waiter dude reminds me of that dude from the first arc of Shakugan No Shana. I personally don't like such fake characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2008, 1:41 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
That waiter dude reminds me of that dude from the first arc of Shakugan No Shana. I personally don't like such fake characters.

"Fake characters"? What's that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2008, 3:40 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
"Fake characters"? What's that?

Characters that don't act like real people and have no good excuse against it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 24th, 2008, 10:41 pm 

I don't think anybody in Battle Maid Chronicles acts like real people anyway. Its a bunch of total eccentrics with ridiculous 'special skills' put together in a totally nonsensical action-comedy fest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2008, 4:05 am 

Eri as a WW2 officer. Modeled the outfit after random arse pictures of anime girls in nazi officer uniforms, decided to remove the swastikas and replace them with butterflies. To avoid offending anyone I suppose. That and Eri's original outfit has this butterfly motif going on anyway. I probably messed up her arms, legs and feet a bit, due to lack of practice. And probably other bits of anatomy that are iffy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2008, 4:13 am 
Post Master

The knife is just hanging there... isn't it supposed to be attached to the belt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2008, 2:02 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
decided to remove the swastikas and replace them with butterflies. To avoid offending anyone I suppose.

"Anyone"... :D
I like the butterflies, although they stand for anything that is contrary to any reason for wearing uniforms (compare Remarque's "All quiet on the Western Front"), but the contradiction gives it a nice appeal.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I probably messed up her arms, legs and feet a bit, due to lack of practice.

Not just probably. Her left arm looks like it was dislocated, the emblem should not be on the inside of the arm, daggers were usually SS and SA insignia (Wehrmacht daggers looked different and bayonets were not carried like that) and maybe you should remove an inch from her upper thighs'... what's the word... "circumference". I think. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2008, 10:42 pm 

The butterfly contradiction was unintentional but now that I think about it.... hey thats cool.

And thus this begins a spinoff!

ZA PAPILLON BRIGADE!

Somehow I’ve decided that this spinoff will be about a squadron fighting for the freedom of their country. A huge war has broken out between the Imperial Suns and the Freedom States, with the nation of Fenrir is caught in between their struggle. As Fenrir occupies key strategic points and supply routes, both nations attack Fenrir. Freedom States do so in the name of ‘freeing people under tyrannic rule’. The Imperial Suns do it under the guise of ’showing the plebeians the road to glory’. Erika Rosenthal, in name would be the head of the 31st Wolf Squadron but actually leads the Papillon Brigade, a special elite force composed out of few but specialized and experienced and highly skilled members. And so they travel across their nation, disrupting enemy assaults from the core, infiltrating enemy lines, assassinating enemy commanders in their attempt to aid their nation in fighting a war on two fronts.

And so Erika would be the Brigade leader, wielding a Mauser C96, a Katzbalger and of course, those steel toed boots of hers that can kick skulls off necks. Her Mauser C96 might seem simple, but is actually a special experimental weapon that can be loaded with Anti-Tank bullets.

The Lord would just be called Di Achtung here I guess. He’s the brigade marksman and wields a Gewehr 43. He’s a total coward and a pansy, but as long as you keep enemies beyond arm’s reach, he’ll never miss.
Rival Butler would be… well whatever we call him in this, he’s a crazy brawler and still has his flaming fists. Might not seem like the biggest guy, but has immensely dense muscles and is capable of punching an IFV into oblivion.

The Poltergeist would end up having the code name Geist. With her face hidden under a gas mask and her frame hidden within a suit of body armour, she wields a flamethrower. The sight of her blowing flames into your face with her hair billowing out behind her is enough to command fear into most enemies. Her design would be a tribute to Jin-Roh’s Protect Gear. Her flamethrower can accept an additional canister of special fuel along with the regular fuel intake from her backpack to blow out a much more intense flame that can melt even tank armour. It overheats the flamethrower extremely quick however, and damages the user due to extreme heat radiating back.

The Butcher would actually be an Imperial Suns agent, sent to hunt the Papillon Brigade. But in the end, a plot is unveiled that the Imperial Suns plan to take out the Papillon Brigade with an airstrike along with him. Realizing the dishonourable ways of his home nation, he helps the Brigade escape and ultimately ends up joining them to stop the foolish war. Wields an oversized katana, capable of beheading entire squadrons and bisecting tanks.

The Lord’s Fiancee and her secret service agents would probably take the role as the Freedom States Special Forces or something. As for the Ancestral Ghost, I have yet to think of a role yet.

I’ll probably need new original villains that are exclusive to this spinoff though in the end.

While Battle Maid Chronicles is a single player crazy as hell slasher, akin to something like Megaman Zero, I’d compare the spinoff to something like Contra or Metal Slug. It’d be an up to 4 player side scrolling cooperative beat/shoot/hack em up. Each character will have a designated ranged, melee and special attack. They’d be able to jump and maneuver up and down a plane, so its not just plain flat like Contra or Metal Slug. Well, there’d be too little space for 4 players otherwise.

Its fun working on concepts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next