Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2007, 10:23 am 
Resident Scholar

Let the butler look evil. Why not? I mean, he's not really evil, is he? Why should everybody look the way their soul looks like? I think it adds more suspense if the audience cannot see the, uh, "alignment" of a character at the first glance.

I don't think the lord looks homosexual. I mean Romeo in the play was somewhat like that, and I guess he was not gay. The only thing that irritates me about Achtung's depiction is that offensivly obvious zipper! :mrgreen:
On second thought it could be that I confused his left and right leg and that object is a pocket.
I thought he had his right leg on the rock. Well, if it is his left leg his hip section will need some more "3D" detailing.

Last but not least the attic poltergeist looks really cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2007, 10:58 am 

Well it wasn't the kinda look I was aiming for with the butler I guess. Well evil is fine I guess, but I wanted him to have the more cheeky playboy kinda look or something. I mean he can still look evil after achieving those criteria.

I guess the lord's legs are rather messed up now that I look at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2008, 6:45 am 

I've been in a rut as of late. Or more like a really deep gutter. But I still manage to draw stuff now and then I supposed, but I haven't been satisfied with whatever little I have been doing.

I was going back to my Once Upon a Time work, the one with the ambiguous Red Riding Hood turned spec ops commando with machetes and Alice turned sniper gothloli.

I was reworking Alice basically and in the end, decided the frills had to go.

First attempt. I decided to give her a compact bullpup sniper rifle somewhat based off the Walther WA2000 in terms of shape, layout and size. I guess theres a bit of G-11 looks in it too. And gave her these sullen looking mean eyes and an officer hat. I think maybe I'll go with original gun designs, probably easier to draw in the end since I'll probably simplify it a bit. Remembering my own designs is easier too and I don't like having to pull up gun websites whenever I wanna draw stuff like this.

Her new face is somewhat inspired by Suzie in Genshiken 2 and those Gurren Lagann eyecatches when the episode is halfway through, and of course various fanarts of stuff based on said GL eyecatches.

I wasn't quite happy with her mantle cloak thing, and why does she have the same boots as Erika Rosenthal?!

I think I'm getting somewhere with the new mantle, but in the end I probably need to polish some things up. Now if I wasn't so damn lazy and such a bum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2008, 3:39 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I decided to give her a compact bullpup sniper rifle

Just because the rifle has a telescopic sight doesn't make it a sniper rifle. It's more like an enhanced assault rifle. But strange things occur, like the Galil Sniper model which does not sport any optics... :?:

Be that as it may, the gun seems a bit short to me. Sniper rifles often enough have longer barrels, and even the assault rifles that are used for sniping are about 1000 mm long. The rifle of your girl there reaches up to her hips... how tall is she? I guess she doesn't stand 7 feet tall? :D

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
a bit of G-11 looks

Yes, affirmative.
The HK G11 was a cool, sci-fi-like design, but as a weapon, it was a failure. The cartridges had no case, which was revolutionary, but you couldn't fire two magazines in a row without the interiors being jammed with oily soot. One of my early superiors belonged to the people who were given the weapon for testing purposes.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
why does she have the same boots as Erika Rosenthal?!

Aren't the girls in some military organization? (Is it the same?)
Do you know the meaning of the term "uni-form"? :D
I just mean to say that the same type of boots wouldn't be so obvious.
And there's the fact that most (western style) armies use low boots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2008, 11:12 pm 

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn15-e.htm
Well the design was just an alteration of this, and if a sniper rifle can be that tightly packed... so can this one. Seeing that gun was mainly my inspiration to work on this again, I found the perfect gun for one of my characters which needs a makeover. Let the makeover commence! I don't think I drew a bullpup catridge that looks like it can hold a standard AR amount of bullets anyway. But then I guess I could draw the barrel longer or something. But the nature of bullpup gun designs is to generally have a more compact gun, since the cartridge is stored in the buttstock, so the barrel is longer than it actually seems.

Anyway she is unrelated to Erika, not even in the same world. Erika is a combat maid working for some obnoxious noble, while Alice here is in some crazy version of Alice in Wonderland, being sent into missions with a bunch of other whacked up versions of main characters of various other fairy tales and their respective messed up worlds.

Like how Jack is some James Bond wannabe British agent, who's job is to infiltrate the Beanstalk, which is some super tall high security skyscraper containing supercomputers and a central brain computer of sorts, which is just hacking into the worlds systems and screwing the world up. Just one of the few.

Anyway I tried experimenting with some action poses. I guess the posture is awkward in a few places probably, and maybe her arms are too long. I kinda switched the katzbalger for a longer version(I wonder if I drew it longer) of Turkish Yatagan though. I kinda decided a shortsword isn't entirely suitable for such a leggy character. And I guess wanted something more... slashy so to say.

Last edited by Storm_Shinobi on October 12th, 2008, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2008, 3:24 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Anyway she is unrelated to Erika, not even in the same world. Erika is a combat maid working for some obnoxious noble, while Alice here is in some crazy version of Alice in Wonderland

Oh, okay, I mixed that up.

The new sword looks good, by the way.
Switching a central European sword for an oriental one is like a change of genre.
Hm, "a change of air" maybe, or "mood".

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2008, 11:08 pm 

My main aim was just to have a more... slashy weapon. Now it can talk with a thick Indian accent! But then it is a Turkish blade...

More shots at the others. The Lord is a few times gayer than before.... and I can't seem to draw the rival butler properly at all. I gave him beauty spots to make him offensively pretty or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2008, 2:28 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
My main aim was just to have a more... slashy weapon. Now it can talk with a thick Indian accent! But then it is a Turkish blade...

How does the clichee Turk talk?

"Hello, far-travelled friend! My name is Mehmet, man of best contacts in all town. You want good rug? I know good man selling good rugs! No, is not pricey. We gonna make good offer, just for you, for good friend!"
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2008, 10:30 pm 

I guess it can sound Indian, as long as I don't mention its a Yataghan, nobody will wiki it and discover its origins! Well most people won't know better anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2008, 6:48 pm 
Resident Scholar

True... true. Watching the fight, having a sword...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2008, 3:47 am 

Decided to be more adventurous with what I normally draw. Or rather, I was like... what should I draw? Lets just draw her falling or something! At any rate the angles involved and everything did push my skills further, and I think I leveled up, if only a little. Her clothes didn't make it any easier either :P

Anyway I think I'll call her blade Bektashi. I was just wiki-ing Turkey and then Jannisaries.... and I came across it. I don't even really remember what the hell it was. I think it was some Islamic saint of some sort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2008, 2:04 pm 
Resident Scholar

Bektashi is an Islamic Sufi order names after a saint. Note that Bektashis are considered heretics.
Very nice picture by the way. Thumbs up!

Maybe you should pay closer attention to the "technical" terms you use, because it is usual in Manga creation to use "speaking names", i.e. the name should have an at least connotational meaning which is somehow related to the story. I can only think of person's names now, like
Tsukino Usagi ("rabbit on the moon"), or
that guy from "Gundam" called Yamato (nostalgically referring to the first Japanese realm), or
Major Kusanagi - Kusanagi ("grass-cutter") was the name of the mythical sword of prince Yamato Takeru, later the sword of Japanese emperors (lost in the battle of Dan-no-ura, 1185, together with the Imperial Orb, only the Mirror could be saved - symbols which were used in "SailorMoon", by the way).

If you choose a name just for the coolness of it, it should be a name that rings a bell with the reader.
You know, like in "Scrapped Princess", persons and animals being called "Mauser", "Galil", "Dragunov" and so on, or "Panther", "Tiger" and "Luchs" from "Saber Marionette".
"Bektashi" sounds cool, but it doesn't ring bells, therefore it should bring a more or less hidden meaning into the story, like a reference to the bearer's past or so. An order of heretics, remember? The concept holds some dramatic power.
Just a suggestion.
What do you think?

Post #999!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2008, 11:02 pm 

I wanted to push myself further and was like LETS DRAW 4 PEOPLE INTERACTING IN THE SAME IMAGE!

I should have taken breaks or something, then looked at it with a fresher mind and stuff.... and it could have turned out better as a result. But I was hasty and one shotted it.

Anyway basically I just wanted to draw a reversal of roles. The maid is now a princess and all the guys server her as butlers! Well the rival butler is still a butler though.

About the heretical thing, I had a think about it. Perhaps as time passed and nobility started getting more corrupt and stuff like democracy came up... perhaps butler-maid families might get more corrupt. The Rosenthals were famed for virtually making rulers and leaders, but in time, they decided they wanted to sit in the ruler seat and ended up ruling a nation of their own, but undergoing their same butler-maid overqualifications that made them peerless. And Erika was fascinated by some of her family history where they once roamed the lands and by serving various nobles, made them truly qualified for their job. And she deduces that the nobility corruption and hence leading to nobility decline is a result of the lack of maid and butler activity these days. Its kinda a vicious circle of confusion, god knows which started.

And thus she decided to return to her family's roots, and ditched her position as heiress of a nation and became a wandering top class maid. In a sense, her family has become heretical in the eyes of other maids and butlers. And in her family's eyes, she's the heretic. Weirdness!

And the last episode could be like her family tries to get her back via some blackmail of screwing her current master over and other shit, and everybody she has met along her Chronicles decides she's an essential and important part of their home nation and lives and they go to get her back. And her spirits lift and she fights her way out of her home while they fight their way in, and they meet up in a touching reunion and all, but the last obstacle and the FINAL BOSS is her very own mother!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2008, 10:56 am 

Tried giving the same premise another shot but I'm not too happy with the outcome.

Then this image just hit me upside the head and I drew it. Had loads of fun doing it and am quite satisfied with it. The high school version of the gang!

After having seen the Disgaea 3 OP and losing brain cells over it and discussing it all over the place on IRC somewhere, I decided to do the crew in a Disgaea-themed sorta way. Somehow I'm not too happy with how it turned out and I have a massive headache now. Ugh. I had many botched versions, trying to pose Erika in various ways before conceding with this one, then I got hasty when drawing the people on the sides. Ah whatever. Time to move on.

Its probably about time I drew her back in her maid uniform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2008, 8:08 pm 
Resident Scholar

About Erika being a heretic in the eyes of her clan/family:
Uh, I did not expect that my humble suggestion would lead to such complicated story elements... :shock:

Are you serious about that or were you just tired? :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next