Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Storm Shinobi's STUFFs
PostPosted: March 4th, 2010, 11:38 pm 

I appreciate your comments actually, even if you are the only one doing it here! I don't really have anybody else who goes this in depth into my work where I can discuss all the conceptual stages with. Most other comments I get are mostly 'yup thats nice' and things of that sort. While it is nice to get random praise here and there to feed my ego for motivational purposes, it ultimate isn't helpful.

It is helpful to get new insight and views from another angle. I do look forward to your comments whenever I post here so do please continue.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2010, 4:19 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
It is helpful to get new insight and views from another angle. I do look forward to your comments whenever I post here so do please continue.

Thank you, it's good to hear (read?) that. Because I am so sure of my good intentions I sometimes forget to see things from the receiving end, which might see me as a never content ranter or something. :?

PostPosted: March 14th, 2010, 4:03 pm 

Bioshock 2 and Dragon Age:Origins were horribly distracting and I didn't get anything written.

That and I got a tablet. Even more distractions! And for university, I had to design some manner of monstrosity with at least 2 heads and 4 legs. So I put the tablet which I obtained for academic purposes to use.

Definitely different from my usual fare of girls in fancy clothes! I'm not really sure what this would amount to anyway since the over arching bulk of the marks assignments in my course involves a military robot.

I kinda went for the nightmare freakshow approach rather than to make something look cool. It kinda goes against my own way of thinking and aesthetics anyway, something having two heads and four legs. So I just based a creature off a foot and got this freaky thing.

Definitely need to practice painting and colouring, but it looks like I adapted to using my tablet fairly well. You'll probably see more colourful stuff from me from now on. But to continue my usual style, I'll have to learn to draw nice clean lines digitally and adapt my style to it.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2010, 4:49 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Definitely different from my usual fare of girls in fancy clothes!

Yes, most definitely. :P2:

PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 10:08 am 

Upgraded foot.

Me getting used to the tablet.

Me being funny in class. I had a lapse of attention and wasn't quite sure what the teacher was trying to get us to draw.

Which I later figured out. Meant to draw simple 3D shapes and practice lighting and shadows and stuff.

Dodge and burn on a gray background sure emulates charcoal and chalk pretty well.

PostPosted: March 20th, 2010, 11:44 am 

Painting experiments. Still trying to find a style. Now that I'm using a tablet to draw and colour, I can no longer do things the way I used to.

Scizor Painting + Lines. Me groping around in the dark.

I thought the lines looked odd so I decided to head towards a no lines approach.

Result of the no lines approach.

The drawing challenge in the chatroom I go to for the week was Pokemon Gym Leader. Bug Type Gym Leader, ZA BEEKEEPER. Not much to say besides I was rather rough and went straight to colour without bothering to do rough lines or any lines at all for that matter. Kinda had fun with it but I don't intend to be so spontaneous always.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2010, 7:51 am 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Now that I'm using a tablet to draw and colour, I can no longer do things the way I used to.

Of course you can. What should be stopping you?

PostPosted: May 16th, 2010, 3:15 pm 

Well the thing is I am trying to move onto the new digital medium. I can still draw on paper and scan as before but pencil drawn lineart does not lend itself well to digital colouring due to artifacts from scans and general unclean-ness.

At any rate there hasn't been updates as of late since my new semester started and has kept me kinda busy. Motivation have been floating off all over the place too.

I did have this story idea about an archaic looking android that travels a world where human civilization has collapsed with some massive dog like creature. I suppose its post apocalyptic but not quite since the animals are still alive and the world is still green. A different sort of post apocalyptic I suppose.

The android's basic naked frame. Meant to have a wig and some dress. Her eyes are sorta on these rails that make whirr-ey mechanical noises as she looks around. Probably not too clear in the picture. Her ears are meant to resemble those square box mics. On her chin is a mini speaker, her actual 'mouth' is just cosmetic and can't open or move or anything. Her serial number is K83N which leads to her name being Caitlyn. Just from messing with phonetics. Basic idea was that she was just a house keeping android for some rich old dude somewhere. Before he dies, he says something about wishing to see his son again. Then he dies and the android falls into some kinda erroneous state, since she was programmed to look after the old dude. Eventually something kinda breaks in her and she ends up leaving to travel the world, slowly developing some form of sentience and personality and is trying to look for her now deceased owner's son despite not having a single clue. Somehow a massive dog creature joins her on the way.
The basic idea behind the story was the how non human entities could possess more humanity than humans themselves.

The other new idea was about a young girl who gets kicked out of home after she hits 18, her parents saying she's an adult and should fend for herself. She eventually finds a job at some sleazy bar as a bunny girl waitress and after getting groped a lot on her first day of work, she is looking forward to her pay check. Before her boss pays her however, mafia come in and shoot up the place and her boss for not paying protection money and make off with her boss' safe. She somehow survives. Swearing vengeance, she somehow lays her hands on a machine gun and embarks on her vendetta against the mafia. Not meant to be serious or make much sense but just the backdrop for an elevator-action style shooting game. As for why, one day I really wanted to do something involving a bunny girl and a gun.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/ ... omeri2.jpg
And I wanted to make use of this outfit I designed a while back instead of it just being a random cosplay outfit for Erika. Although I kinda tailor made it for Erika, so I'm having a hard time designing another character that looks good in it.

Still kinda vague on those ideas, kinda came up with them for fun really. Not sure if I will go anywhere with them.

Really need to get back to writing though...

PostPosted: May 29th, 2010, 3:43 pm 

THE NEW ADVENTURES OF THE LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD

And thus the Little Red Riding Hood set off on her adventure.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Many choices lay before her. Will she choose a peaceful path? Or a violent path? Or will you meet a bloody end with a stupid look on her face?

THE NEW ADVENTURES OF THE LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD
COMING SOON!

Anyway an assignment for my current course was to make an interactive story. I'm doing a multi path version of the Little Red Riding Hood, involving shotguns and murder. Somehow with cutesy artwork involved. I'm using the Ren'py engine. So far I've gotten all the writing done and have 'coded'(if you can call it coding!) into the game. I still need to add backgrounds and character CGs, and then music and sound effects and I can call it done. I'll upload it when I'm finished.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 9:22 am 

http://dgportfolio.pbworks.com/f/The%20 ... -win32.zip
Preliminary version. Turns out it wasn't exactly due today, but we had to present it anyway. The presentation went well but its due for good like next week, so I have time to polish it and get more event CGs done.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 5:20 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Well the thing is I am trying to move onto the new digital medium. I can still draw on paper and scan as before but pencil drawn lineart does not lend itself well to digital colouring due to artifacts from scans and general unclean-ness.

I understand. It's just, I think that pencil drawings show better line work. Tablet work looks rather less detailed and seems to tend more towards a comic style (as opposed to a Manga style). Your Little Red Riding Hood shows this very well. As long as the depiction is not meant to show more than a basic level of details the digital work is fine.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
an archaic looking android that travels a world where human civilization has collapsed with some massive dog like creature. I suppose its post apocalyptic but not quite since the animals are still alive and the world is still green.

They could've been wiped out by a desease, that's right. For that matter you can get interesting ideas from the docufiction "Population Zero" I guess. I liked it. But I'm more into science fiction than in post-apocalypse.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
The basic idea behind the story was the how non human entities could possess more humanity than humans themselves.

Not new, definitely, but with some individual and inspired flavoring it can still be made mesmerizing.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
mafia come in and shoot up the place and her boss for not paying protection money and make off with her boss' safe. She somehow survives. Swearing vengeance, she somehow lays her hands on a machine gun and embarks on her vendetta against the mafia.

Can also be interesting. But I'd rather put a little more emphasis on her motivation to seek revenge. Did she like her workplace so much?

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
http://dgportfolio.pbworks.com/f/The%20Little%20Red%20Riding%20Hood-win32.zip

This is awesome, man! Kudos to the Taifû Ninja! :d^_^b:

PostPosted: June 10th, 2010, 4:28 pm 

Taifu Ninja?

Anyway I updated it with a few more CGs before my final submission. Although it was rather hastily done, I don't feel like working on it anymore and just wanna hand it up.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2010, 4:18 pm 

http://dgportfolio.pbworks.com/f/The%20 ... oodfin.zip

Hmm, I actually forgot to post the link to the final version with updated CGs.

Anyway me and a friend started iSketch and thus a 4 panel series was born!

FOR GLORY! ~The Epic Fantasy Adventure~

We all know the story. Boy meets Girl. Bla bla bla. But what if it was MAN meets DRAGON?!

It is a start of a new love! A new adventure! FOR GLORY!!!

It was pretty fun doing these, since we took turns doing a frame so things were tossed up and pretty random. There was no planning behind it. Thinking of dragging more friends into it. Mysteriously a plot managed to show itself.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 4:08 pm 

Haha, that one came out nicely Storm_Shinobi!
Can't help to notice Gut's dragonslayer there!! :booyah:

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 6:32 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next