Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2007, 12:25 am 

New experimentation with styles. I tried doing a new type of iris.... but I'm not too sure how it'd work overall. And its a pain to do unless I increase the scale at which I currently work.....

Tried rounding it a bit.

Something about it kinda irks me though.... like its beautiful in a creepy way? Or something? And that kinda eye would make guys look metrosexual or something.

Not as bad as I thought it would be.... ah well.

I think I made the head too long or something........

I'm so losing it..... theres something so wrong with it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2007, 3:41 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
New experimentation with styles. I tried doing a new type of iris.... but I'm not too sure how it'd work overall.

Is that a blade, attached to her left shoulder?
How do you suppose one uses such a thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 21st, 2007, 12:02 am 

You guys were always more interested with my concepts and ideas eh?

Well I guess I'll let rip the story of that rough character.

Disgaea inspired.....

Multitude of worlds, Angelic and Demonic. Basically they are in equilibrium and they don't really bother each other. And they kill the every now and then renegade that decides they are better than the rules. And theres a bunch of un-ordered worlds with renegades that fight amongst each other so nobody really cares about those......

Enter that girl with the horns and shoulder blades. An Angel of Blades. Basically the Angels and Demons aren't your stereotypical types. They are born aligned to a certain element/object... stuff basically. And they are able to materialize their soul with respect to their alignment. And well it takes time to hone that skill and let it take a form.... basically she set it into two giant blades set into these big shoulder guard like things that float around her sides. Theres a handle hidden by the guard if she wishes to wield them like a pair of giant cleavers but she can direct them with her mind.... since it is an extension of her soul. She can move them like limbs. Basically giant boomerangs or giant sabers. And she has a giant super battle axe as a weapon thats not her soul. When she summons her 'soul blades', bladed horns stick out of her head.....

And the story is basically, she leads a repetitive boring ass life... and it continues. For aeons. Until one day, theres a party because the dude in jurisdiction of the area is a pompous foo. And a pervert too. And in a drunken stupor, he makes moves on our angel and she decides to cut him.

Needless to say he's pissed and he can abuse his power... so she gets assigned to 're-order' one of the renegade worlds. By herself.

So she lands in a middle of a town of gremlin being terrorized by ogre like creatures. And she kills the ogres. And the little dudes worship her. Later she finds out they are all lesser demon like races, but well who cares. Minions are minions. And hence she begins her slow takeover of that world......

Of course later she finds out more about the history of the world, and that it used to be part of the Demon's side of things. But shit happened, civil war... bickering and the Demon's side decided that it wasn't really quite worth caring about and let it be. The son of the previous Demon Lord in jurisdiction of that world is also seeking to regain control of the world....

And soon he runs into the angel and they end up working together in the name of Order, eliminating Chaos. Setting aside concepts such as Good and Evil....

Demon Prince would have red dragon armour or something, with giant claws which he uses to punch, slash, crush and stuff.... and the materialization of his soul is a scarf that bursts into flames. And burns. Alot.

Then he'd have a demon lackey whos a loli in a baggy nun's outfit. Who flies on a broomstick and summons a giant spirit knight golem thing and controls it like a puppet literally with strings. While floating above it on a broomstick.

I haven't quite thought about the lesser races too much.... I suppose the lesser angel races would be like elves(like the short leprechaun type), fairies and things like that. And I haven't quite thought about the distinction between angels and demons.

Well Angels materialize their souls in the manifestation of 'wings'. A pair. And I suppose Demons materialize their soul into a single object.

Needs more thinking about it.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2007, 8:49 pm 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/ ... design.jpg
I screwed up the entire figure. At least I got down some design elements. Although I messed up the entire skirt + skirt plate so I'll have to revise that. And probably the whole breast plate too. I screwed up overall I guess.

So I did some figure practice but apparently cocked up somehow. Like her torso should be facing more towards how her legs are directed and the clothes should fold with it and how if you draw a straight line on it, she's actually bent. I should use straight line guides from now on.

Last edited by Storm_Shinobi on October 4th, 2007, 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2007, 11:46 am 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
two giant blades set into these big shoulder guard like things that float around her sides.

Oh, so they float like she wants them to... okay, good enough. :wink:

The rest of your concept sounds good as well. Keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2007, 11:18 pm 
Resident Scholar

By the way, I found two pictures in a Hentai Manga labelled "Bad Slammers" which you might find interesting (suitable for all audiences):

The cat
The turtle

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2007, 10:54 am 

I think those might be helpful on my future endeavors with blade angel.

Altrouge Brunestud, 9th of the 27 Ancestors of the Dead Apostles. If you know Tsukihime, Melty Blood and all the side information and various Type-Moon lore, you'd recognize that name. Its a design for a side scrolling shooter, Notes II. I'm helping out with the character designs. Altrouge is a character with no official design, and there were many fan renditions of her. And I've taken a totally different approach to her looks. The only information we have on her looks is 'normally looks like a 14-year old girl' and 'has a more powerful 2nd form, Black'. A 14 year old vampire princess..... so I came up with this. Her hair will darken and her eyes will get freaky with her 2nd form. Normally looks like a 14 year old girl might mean that her Black form changes her appearance... so maybe a more adult body with the black form. I'm gonna have to tinker with her dress to see if I can make it any better.....

Ado Edem. Knight with the Demonic Arm, Slash Emperor. A character in the Angel Notes universe that took down Type-Jupiter with a single slash. Theres art of him in the Type-Moon character material, but no solid design besides his arm. So yeah, its another design for Notes II. His armour still needs work, so any suggestions would be nice. Although I'm keeping that fucked up right arm of his.

Its basically a fan made side scrolling shooter featuring various Type-Moon characters. And is somewhat related to Angel Notes, hence Notes II.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 4th, 2007, 7:41 am 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/ ... ghplan.jpg
Above link is an image to the mugs of various characters I plan on being in this supposedly sidescrolling 2D hack and slash game which I plan to make when I switch courses into Computer Graphics and gain enough expertise. Or I could turn it into a comic or some shit. Set in this strange alternate world which is divided into a bunch of countries the size of cities, that contains technology and the lack of technology. Something like Kino no Tabi. But well.

Maids. A prestigious class of servants dedicated to serving their master’s best interests. Without them, most Lords, Nobles, Rulers, Kings and Emperors wouldn’t have made it to where they are. It is all because the maids serving them that made it possible. Working for them, working them into the best person possible. Protecting their welfare, ensuring their happiness and in turn they use their power correctly and help in the maintenance of a peaceful world and ensure the happiness of the people. All of this is possible because of maids. They choose suitable masters through the Maid’s Association, and with their expertise… the world is well.

Until now. Corruption spreads. Nobles only care about themselves. The influence of maids decrease and they find themselves unable to find worthy masters and end up being some common servant class. Degraded to the simplest chores and tasks. And some of them are now just whores in uniforms, being unable to feed their families otherwise. The Maid’s Association now only has a low class jobs on offer, and maids find themselves working as mere housekeepers, babysitters, waitresses and the like for the lower and middle classes.

One maid refuses to accept the new reality of the world. She travels across the lands, looking for her perfect master. And once again extend the influence of maids, and to take a step to restoring the corrupted world to its old beautiful self. But alas, she’s broke and by a twist of fate finds herself working for some eccentric noble in some far off nation…..

And that would be the backstory of Battle Maid Chronicles. The life of Erika Rosenthal, a First Class Battle Maid who eventually finds herself working for a Noble. Lord Francoise vi Bourgeois von Burgundy di Achtung XIII.

Now for the character descriptions~

Erika Rosenthal. A Perfect Maid. Excels at all forms of household tasks with expertise in management, economics, accounting, finance and a butt load of qualifications that seems pretty damn impossible for a 20 year old to have achieved. Also excels at combat with expertise in personnel defense, security detail and yeah. Maids are awesome. They can do everything!

A stalwart and stoic character who doesn’t speak more than necessary. Although she seems rather cold and anti-social because of that, she’s a nice person and would help people in need and offer her seat in a train to the elderly and pregnant. She’s quite a bit of a perfectionist, and can’t stand losing. A tough girl. But beneath that hard armoured exterior, she does have some soft fluffy bits of herself. She really likes wearing frilly clothes and has a soft spot for gothic lolita fashion. So one of the rare moments where you can see her smile with glee is when she’s in shops expanding her wardrobe… and trying on all sorts of stuff. Whatever she wears, theres bound to be frills on at least one article of clothing. She also keeps a diary which she writes in when she had a day she found interesting. She also likes kids… no not in THAT way. So she might make a pretty good mother. Possibly a tsundere. Depends how you define it.

In combat, she wields a German shortsword, a Katzbalger. (She has a German name too, whee). That sword is a family heirloom that had protected many valiant nobles from evil and the like. And it talks. Its a magical sword that always keeps its edge and never rusts. And also has a bit of a smart mouth. The sword is given a name by each new wielder, and it kind of offended her on their first meeting, so she names it Cathy. (according to her, short for Katzbalger). The sword isn’t too fond of the name but has no other choice. If the sword had a gender, it’d be male. Since it has the mentality of a male and comes with a suave deep male voice.

She descended from a family of maids that had raised many small time nobles to major rulers and she wants to upkeep her family name of Rosenthal. So in this great depression where maids are just doing anything they like pretty oddjobbers in aprons, she remains stalwart and remains unemployed until she can find someone worthy. But in the end she’s broke, but fate lands her a job with a certain noble in a far off place….

Lord Francoise vi Borgeois von Burgundy di Achtung XIII, the ruler of a peaceful out of the way port town. Despite the title, he’s kind of just a figurehead who doesn’t do much. And the town pretty much runs itself. And hence he just indulges himself in the seemingly unlimited family riches and lives his days without meaning. He’s physically weak, prone to blunders, can’t take care of himself, arrogant, happy go lucky and has very shiny hair. The townspeople don’t really take him too seriously. All he does is organize festivals and random traditional things which is seemingly the only thing he’s good at. He’s also a bit of a hikkikomori and randomly spends days locked in his room playing games and watching anime and stuff like that.

One day, he decides that he wants a personal maid due to influence of something he read! So he sends a notice to the Maid’s Association. And Erika applies for the job. After looking through the CVs of all these applicants, he ends up picking Erika via a strange twist of fate. And well, he doesn’t read the special conditions for hiring Erika in small font. (Maids get to set a bunch of conditions for hiring them which varies from one to another).

And so they meet. And the first task he has for her is to sleep with him, and he gets kicked in the face and hit with the reality with the terms of hire.

> Should I suffer what I deem as sexual harassment, I have the right to defend myself as I see fit.

> I have the right to reject your orders should they be deemed unreasonable.

Which would be a few amongst a bunch of others. But she has nice measurements and frilly clothes, so he sticks with her.

And life for a maid just gets weird in this strange port town far away. For the town has denizens that are as eccentric as the Lord of it.

So we move on to the next character, her Rival.

A pretty boy Rival Butler. The other prestigious class of servants that had fallen since. The male version of the maid. With flaming fist attacks. At some point in the story, Erika crosses paths with him. They get in a fight over the last… fresh… cabbage. He tries to solve it with his charm, pretty hair and eyes but Erika is immune to that. And by some random law, they decide to settle it legally. With a duel. And ever since, they seem to run into fights over the last fresh produce. A smooth talker, a lady killer and works for a certain heiress of some business empire.

The Butcher. Yes I’m making fun of the Sephiroth stereotype. Sue me FFVII fans!

He’s gruff and crude and doesn’t speak much and is perfectly anti-social. He’s not only a butcher, he also the owner of an animal farm. Cows, chickens and pigs. And whatever edible meat animals we have around. Lambs. Goats. Whatever. Serves his customers grumpily but people are used to his nasty attitude and acknowledge that he would never shave properly, or get a haircut. He’s a bit deranged, stubborn and rather unreasonable. And apparently there are rumours floating about that he used to be some super villain out to destroy the world.

Erika is sent on an errand one day to get some high class Wagyuu Beef off this butcher. But well, it turns out that he only sells the high class expensive Wagyuu Beef to those… WORTHY OF IT. And apparently, Lord Fra— her Master is not worthy of his Wagyuu Beef. And Erika, being a perfectionist and seeing this errand as a perfectly normal errand, wishes not to fail it because of some retarded unreasonable butcher. And by some random ass law, she is entitled to buy the meat by force legally. So this butcher retreats into his dungeon like farm saying that she will never get the meat for the unworthy fool. And she has to battle through demonic starved pigs which have gone demonic because they eat each other….. then theres mad cows which are just… mad cows. And then theres war roosters who have ascended up another branch of the evolutionary chain into some special tough new rooster after winning over a thousand cockfights. Are they P*kemon?

Then theres an Attic Poltergeist. Which is also a vengeful spirit, filled with hate at the Lord’s grandfather. Who is empowered by some demonic spellbook that happened to be in the attic.

Basically the Lord finds some locked book in some curio shop and buys it. And after finding out he can’t open it, he chucks it in the attic…. this happened many years prior to the arrival of Erika.

Then one day, the attic is making many loud noises. And so, Erika is given the task of “Spring Cleaning”. And thus she goes, smack into a legion of giant spiders. And loads of webs. And thus she goes forth, killing the spiders and cleaning up the webs, since somebody has to stop this before they reproduce and overrun the town. Later she finds out that a vengeful spirit is behind all of this, and that it is empowered by some evil spellbook. So she managed to destroy the evil spellbook with her magical talking sword, and the spirit is too weak to do anything beyond a simple poltergeist. She can only move light objects and play simple pranks now, and she is forced to tell why she done such a thing. And apparently, the Lord’s grandfather’s car ran over her pet dog and she never forgiven him for it and plans to kill him horribly with giant spiders. But after some talking with the Lord, it is discovered that his grandfather was long dead… and that he tripped fell and drowned in a toilet seat. After learning of such a pathetic death, she stops being a hateful spirit and just decides to hang around the attic and sort out junk. Yes theres holes in the story, like how the hell did she die and why she haunted the damn attic and why she was oblivious to the fate of the Lord’s grandfather who was a heck load older than she is but… well its slapstick bullshit so its not really meant to make too much sense. Lets not think about it~

Then theres the Lord’s self proclaimed fiancee who is butt ugly and bloody fat, but is deluded to the point where she thinks she’s gorgeous. And she acts like she owns everything and is a narcissist. The ruler of a neighboring nation. She rules with an iron hand and oppresses her people and managed to buy herself her own team of secret service agents. I guess even secret service agents have fallen and have become a bunch of freelancers who just need cash.

And so, she tries to forcefully marry the Lord. And Erika has to stop her and her secret service agents, since its not in her Master’s best interest… nor is it in the town’s best interest either.

Then theres the Lord’s long dead ancestor. The Ancestral Ghost. He awakens one every a few hundred years and makes sure the family honour is upheld. And of course he sees his descendant and deems him a total loser with no honour. And he abducts the Lord and starts to ‘retrain him from the very beginning’. (no, not in THAT way either). And she has to rescue the Lord, since theres an upcoming festival and its up to him to take care of the formalities and other things. And so she has to fight through undead, deep into the Lord’s family mausoleum and catacombs and other bullshit that contributes to a dungeon like place full of undead. And then beat some sense into the Ancestral Ghost and convince him that despite the Lord’s shortcomings(when she says it, her words stab his heart like knives), he isn’t completely a worthless honourless loser. And well stuff like that.

And thats all I have for now anyway. Ninjas, Cyborg Ninjas, Flaming Cyborg Ninjas, Pirates… will have to wait. I’ll have to do some proper character drawings first. And I’ll think of a proper story structure some other time….

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 4th, 2007, 8:13 pm 
Regular

That's... um... a really original setting. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2007, 7:36 am 
Resident Scholar

Whereas "Erika Rosenthal" is indeed a perfectly German name, I have to comment that "Rosenthal" is in fact a Jewish German name - that adds some connotation in my opinion. Is it intended?

Um... so the sword is a "Katzbalger". Pretty old term, it sounds like the type of German you would find in originally Japanese Manga, so I guess I have to congratulate you, but it exists (for those who doubt it - it's a 15th/16th century type of short sword).

"Francoise vi Borgeuois von Burgundy di Achtung"!?
Uh... "Francoise" is, as a matter of fact, the female version of the name (like Francine vs. Frances).
To make it male it would be without the final "e" - "Francois".
"Borgeuois" does exist as a noun, but it is so rare that I'd say it's just spelled wrong.
"Bourgois" exists as a name though.
"Burgundy" is a proper noun in its English realization. The French spelling would be "Bourgogne".
"di" is an Italian expression for "of". I have no idea where you took "vi" from...
"Achtung" is NOT a name and is never ever used as such, as it means "attention" or, in a military context, "ten-HUT!".

Quote:
a butt load of qualifications that seems pretty damn impossible for a 20 year old to have achieved.

Your confidence in 20yos is pretty low it seems... :D

Quote:
has a soft spot for gothic lolita fashion

Maybe you should make her 16yo?
A 20yo with such preferences would seem childish, wouldn't she?

Quote:
a tsundere

What's that?

Quote:
Cathy (according to her, short for Katzbalger)

... according to her... :lol:
"Kitty" would be more appropriate (if you need to apply an English term), as "Katzbalger" is derived from the verb "katzbalgen" which originally describes fighting cats but was broadened to humans' melee (fitting for a short sword as opposed to a 9 foot halberd for example).

Quote:
He’s also a bit of a hikkikomori

BUAAHAHAHAHAHA!
I can't find a good English term either, but it sounds too out-there! :D
引きこもる ("hikikomoru", one "k" in the "ki" syllable only) - "to seclude".
How do you actually call "one who secludes himself" for entertainment reasons?

Quote:
> I have the right to reject your orders should they be deemed unreasonable.

Asimov for maids? :wink:

Quote:
The Butcher. Yes I’m making fun of the Sephiroth stereotype.

Cool idea. Does he make porkchops with an oversized Katana? 8)

Quote:
And by some random ass law, she is entitled to buy the meat by force legally.

Buy the meat by force legally? Sounds like a paradox...

Quote:
apparently, the Lord’s grandfather’s car ran over her pet dog and she never forgiven him for it and plans to kill him horribly with giant spiders.

Quote:
he tripped fell and drowned in a toilet seat.

The randomness!!!
But it makes a good joke. :D

Quote:
The Ancestral Ghost. He awakens one every a few hundred years

I think that's too long. It makes the reader think like "Yeah right, and exactly NOW is the day..."
It's just like Bilbo and the Dwarves arriving at Smaug's lair just when it's Durin's Day, the only day of the year when the moonlight shows the secret entrance... the deus ex machina has to be more subtle imho. How about he awakens whenever he deems a successor potentially unworthy of the family line?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2007, 10:42 am 

As for the name Erika Rosenthal, I wasn't really thinking about it. I was looking up German names with Google and went with what I found that I liked.

I guess the sword's name is open for debate. Hmmm.... Kitty..... it does make sense considering the various meanings the word Katzbalger holds.

As for the Lord's name.... its just meant to be long and totally random and nonsensical, and yet sound kind of grand. Vi would be a nod to Code Geass, which had Lelouch Vi Britannia.

For her age and taste in fashion, I guess its just full of contradictions. I decided that her figure was too much for a 16 year old to have~
http://kaorin.pbwiki.com/f/darkmeidolieutenant3.jpg
Erika Rosenthal has another role for some game team I'm on, where she plays a somewhat minor role, but she was such a great design that I decided she should have something of her own. The only differences I suppose between that version and the Battle Maid Chronicles version would be hairstyles(fringe mainly) and different weapons.

A tsundere is a character with hot and cold personalities. Basically someone who gives you the cold shoulder and is mostly indifferent to what happens to you but can contrastingly be caring and cute and stuff. Examples I guess would be Eri Sawachika from School Rumble. Tsun would refer to the cold personality and dere would refer to the warm personality. Its quite a common character type in anime these days and it has been quite a bit over popularized.

The Butcher beheads cows and does heavy work with his katana, but has cleavers for smaller touches. I don't know, a butcher isn't quite right without cleavers. But then if he just uses his katana, it could be interesting.

As for the Ancestral Ghost, maybe I could make it like when he smells a loser in the family.

Basically the story is intentionally filled with brainlessness, paradoxes and contradictions~

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2007, 1:46 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
As for the name Erika Rosenthal, I wasn't really thinking about it. I was looking up German names with Google and went with what I found that I liked.

As I said it's a perfectly German name, of Jewish descent.
But it befits the gothic theme. Gothic fans seem to like roses... :D

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
The sword's name is open for debate. Hmmm... Kitty... it does make sense considering the various meanings the word Katzbalger holds.

In case you want to apply a German term you might have her call the sword "Miezi" (pronounced like "mee-tsee"), which is an old-fashioned diminuitive for, well, kitties.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
As for the Lord's name.... its just meant to be long and totally random and nonsensical, and yet sound kind of grand.

You achieved the feat of making it sound like from a Japanese Germanophile with no motivation for proper names research (like most Japanese scriptwriters *lol*)... nonsensical, random, with a flavor of German sound and looks... seen that way you did great.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I decided that her figure was too much for a 16 year old to have

Oh, suddenly turning to realism? :lol:
Bah, a realistic relation between figure and age has never been of any concern to any Bishôjo artist.
So she has melon boobs... so what? There are quite a few 16yos with big assets out there, and 16yos don't develop much more anyway, so go with it... :D

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
A tsundere is a character with hot and cold personalities.

Now that you mention it I remember that term from... somewhere. Might've heard it on Japanese TV.
I'm not really good at the theory with its technical terms behind that pop culture stuff.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
The Butcher beheads cows and does heavy work with his katana, but has cleavers for smaller touches. I don't know, a butcher isn't quite right without cleavers. But then if he just uses his katana, it could be interesting.

Sure! He tosses a big chop into the air... then (quickdraw!) makes some hasty movements with his Katana (too fast for the human eye!)... ready cutlets and fillets rain down, onto a plate... cool pose... Katana *swirlswirlswirl* back into the scabbard... FFVII "Victory" soundtrack. :P

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Basically the story is intentionally filled with brainlessness, paradoxes and contradictions~

... which definitely does not exclude the greatest of enjoyment. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2007, 1:07 pm 

Experimented with a new stylistic approach, and tried laying off the furry lines.

In the honour of silver haired katana wielding villains throughout time....

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2007, 2:17 pm 
Resident Scholar

Is that the same girl!? She seems to have matured... looks a couple of years older... considering her bust size and all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2007, 2:19 am 

I suppose the new style I was experimenting with made her look more mature.

Za Rival Butler! Looks too evil, I don't like how he turned out. I'm gonna redo him sometime. He had a bigger coat over that one he was already wearing but I kinda removed it here. Blargh. Time to study some badass bishounen characters.

The shiny useless lord in one homosexual pose.

And the attic poltergeist.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next