Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently August 17th, 2017, 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: Storm Shinobi's STUFFs
PostPosted: October 14th, 2011, 8:19 am 

Been working on Princesscapades armour designs.

Leather armour. Lightest armour, decent proof against sword strikes. Went with solid boiled plates for upper body protection while for the legs, thigh high boots combined with studded thigh plates that cover down to the knees.

Maille. Its hard to make maille look attractive. Tried the whole 'zettai ryouiki' miniskirt look with the first design, went for a more full protection with a long skirt for the 2nd. Used a tabard to cover things up and try to achieve a feminine look. Gloves and boots are meant to be leather here.

Lacquered leather armour. Gameplay wise, meant to be some sort of stop gap between the leather and the maille. Went for a samurai armour aesthetic(its what their armour was commonly made of anyway) combined with a kimono. Segmented plates and scales.

Full plate. Inspired by gothic full plate. Used flutings/ridges to get most of the patterns down.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 2:06 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Her Day

Uh, somewhat impressionist. As a practice piece for describing an emotional state through several stages it's not bad at all, but it's not a stand-alone short story.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
The silence was deafening.

:d^_^b:

PostPosted: September 26th, 2012, 12:06 pm 

Been busy with other stuff so no updates lately. But I need some time off to come up with whacky stuff every now and then.

Lever Action Plasma Rifle! Just... because.

Well, a new character for a change. A friend decided I call her Elisia McToweldiver and I arbitrarily ended up with Merilyn McDowell.

As for how she came about - http://i.imgur.com/PrzkL.jpg
My character in Phantasy Star Online 2 with a pink wedding dress. Basically I slapped that on along with braids and a cowboy hat and thought, that is gaudy but I kinda like that. And rolled with that concept into a gunslinger dressed as a saloon girl. Even though I played a melee class in the game, swinging around giant swords and stuff.

Conceptually there isn't much so far. Its essentially sorta Trigun. A random harsh planet is colonized by humanity in the future, but it gets all post apocalyptic down there and turns into a dog eat dog world. There's still a administrative faction with a decent amount of the technology hanging out, likely being the big bads.

Merilyn is essentially part of a post-human artificial race. Essentially humanity's idea of propagating their race on harsher planets. They are stronger, faster, smarter, more radiation resistant, blardy blar. The story will probably revolve around the remaining post-humans.

She herself works as a bounty hunter. Gets people's guards down with her getup and blasts them apart with her lever-action plasma rifles. Snarky as hell, wears a permanent smirk on her face. Sadistic like hell, though not exactly evil deep down. Just kinda warped. I was thinking that she'd mostly travel around but has a home she returns to every now and then, which is an abandoned armoury. There lives a cranky old gunsmith with more crazy than sense, who constantly salvages and repairs old weapons and gear. Then my train of thought led to the armoury being home to a bunch of orphans Merilyn had picked up throughout her travels. There will also be the 'older sister' of the orphans, who is likely the first orphan that Merilyn picked up who generally handles home affairs. I was also thinking of a rival/partner character for Merilyn, who is also a post-human who also uses the place as his home but travels separately from Merilyn when out hunting.

The idea behind the lever action plasma rifle was basically just me going, what's a cool cowboy weapon? Revolvers are so overdone! Lever action! Then I was thinking of some crazy double barreled lever action slug gun. And ultimately went, fuck that, its an energy weapon. Lever action to cycle through batteries. In Post-Apocalyptia, people still got working plasma guns but don't have good battery manufacturing skills and thus come up with funky ways to power their guns. Though I was thinking of how the plasma weapon would work, and imagined something like the shell containing a small battery enough to ignite one shot along with some magnetized core within a fuel gel. The battery ignites the gel and charges the barrel, the gel explodes into plasma and the lot is propelled down the barrel. The magnetized core keeps the plasma from dissipating. Though I get the feeling its just better to say - its a plasma gun, it shoots plasma, who cares how than to trip over myself trying to explain science fiction. The gun itself was inspired by the Mare's Leg, and takes cues from big bullet revolver/pistols like the Desert Eagle. Not sure if I want her to dual wield them or not, but I like the idea of twirl-loading, spinning the gun 360 to work the action. Also, Merilyn hides spare rounds within the frills of her skirt - ammo bandolier in disguise.

I was thinking of the older sister wielding a pump action plasma cannon. It'll probably be based off the China Lake grenade launcher. The Rival will probably use something drum fed. Either like the MGL or the Striker shotgun.

I'll probably go sleep on all this before coming up with more designs. Work will probably get in the way again so it'll probably be a while.

Extra: Bunny Girls.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 6:53 am 

Drawing her until I'm comfortable with drawing her.
Rough gothloli edition.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2012, 11:29 am 

And then she was a schoolgirl.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2012, 6:45 am 

Bunnygirl! Who needs a reason!

Maid! Every man's romance.

Nightwear.

Doesn't feel like I tried hard enough for this one but... whatever. Happy Halloween. Maybe I'll try again if I feel like it before halloween is over.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2012, 3:05 pm 

Happy Halloween too..and as I've probably said before somewhere you have gotten better with the details

PostPosted: November 19th, 2012, 9:09 am 

Now to interrupt your regular programming with some 3D.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2013, 3:17 pm 

Different hairdos just because. DLC outfits.
I was going to draw her holding a wine glass somewhere but that didn't happen.

Bunnygirls. Cause bunnygirls. And I can't seem to draw revolvers at a consistent size. Her rifle design changed again.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2013, 1:12 am 

I've been planning and procrastinating about doing one of those 'artbook-esque' pages of a character design. I pretty much enjoy the act of designing a character more than illustrating them so this is probably the best way to present my work.

A front/back pencil drawing to start with. Along with her guns and some details. Will probably do a side view and fit in facial expressions somewhere. Maybe divide it into two pages.

Some facial expressions I intended to just dump into the gap up there somewhere but decided not to. Will work on the layout and probably redo these.

http://imgur.com/a/XqnTQ#0
My adventures with colour schemes. I'm partial to a light pink dress since that's how she began as my PSO2 character. But asking around, people seem more partial to black/red. Light pink kinda blends too much with her skin tone anyway. Though vivid pink is an option.

After some deliberation I'm probably rolling either of these two.
I decided dark colours probably work best for her hat/gloves/boots, since it creates a good contrast with her hair and pale skin. Decided to limit the palette somewhat by unifying the colours for those.

Cowboy jackets need to be brown in my head, though I kinda like the black jacket. Probably don't want dark colours as a main for all the elements.

Going by that reasoning, the dress isn't using black as a main colour. Decided to go with either a striking red or pink. Maybe I'll just balance the two and go with a sorta maroon, but I want the roses to have a slightly different shade.

Now to clean up the lineart, probably go over it again digitally and colour it for real. Might add a few additional sketches showing some of the details. Jacket, necklace closeup and side view.

And here's some foxgirl I drew. Will probably give her the same treatment when I'm done here.

Omake.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18