Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 18th, 2017, 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 11:16 am 
Lurker

I had read a bit of the idea in TVTropes and I got thrilled. After 5 volumes ((I don't know how many there are) I must confess this is one hell of an incredible manga.

We're talking about a well-meaning, hermit-like folk (Yukiteru Amano) who obsessively keeps diaries about what he observes. He even has imaginary friends, like Deus. But one day, his diary becomes able to predict the future. Nice enough, until he discovers the big game: there are 12 future-predicting diaries including his own, and there is a winner-takes-all contest with the rule: whoever is left alive from the 12 will become God in the place of Deus. And addingly, one of the owners is a classmate of his, a pretty and popular girl called Yuno Gasai who is OBSESSSED with Yukiteru (who had no interest in her himself), up to the point that she has kept diaries about him, and now she can predict HIS future.

It is VERY disturbing in times, particularly on Yuno's side. She's easily the most bizarre female protagonist you'll find around in a manga. I really recommend this one.

Post subject: Re: Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 8:30 pm 

It sounds really interesting, I'm giving it a try. The art looks pretty good too.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 5:53 am 

I read the first volume, and really didn't find it interesting enough to continue. It was an interesting concept but some of the characters were just... too goofy for my liking. Like the bomb girl was just messed up in not such a good way.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2010, 8:26 am 

I'm with Storm Shinobi on this one. I think the story is very interesting, but I find it hard to get used to the funkiness of the character designs and that comes from a One Piece fan.
I still have the bookmark where I left of, so maybe in the future I'll finish reading this.