Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's Everybody Reading?
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2010, 11:23 am 

Naruto and Bleach...Ha I felt as if the pacing for was kind off or something when I read Naruto...felt kind of rushed...and as for Bleach...what the hell?..ha...but was nice to see another character step in :lol2:

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2010, 9:42 pm 
Major Contributor

Fresnokila wrote:
Ha I felt as if the pacing for was kind off or something when I read Naruto...felt kind of rushed

Rushed? Really? I felt things had slowed down some. I think it'll pick up again soon if i read things right, but for this chapter it needed to be mellow. Like there's a wicked-sounding storm coming and this is week's the calm before it's onset.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2010, 10:52 pm 
Major Contributor

Naruto 493 – YAY! After a dry spell because of Golden Week, 493 is finally up! Makes sense that a blockhead like Naruto isn't able to beat his own dark side, yet. Don't think it'd be that easy for anyone. End has me looking forward to 494.

Edit: I was able to get out to the comic shop for free comic book day last Saturday. Didn't get any of the free comics though; I think most of the really good stuff that I would have been interested in was gone by the time I was actually able to get there. Did get out of paying the shipping for this month's monthly stuff (that isn't Shonen Jump, which I pick up at the local Frys Marketplace)

Brightest Day #0/Green Lantern #53: Brightest Day is a bi-weekly series spinning out of Blackest Night; the 0 issue and GL 53 are the start of whats next now that the Blackest Night event is over.

In Brightest Day #0, it's blatantly clear that the white light has a specific purpose in mind for the people that were endure being Black Lanterns only to wake up very much alive afterward. My conjecture at this point is that this purpose is the plot of Brightest Day. This particular issue followed Boston Brand - aka Deadman - around as the White Ring drags him around for a look at who else is back from the dead after Blackest Night. Then...there's...well...

Green Lantern #53 picks up where the final page or so of BD0 left off. After destroying a couple Ferris Aircraft fighters - knowing damn good and well their pilots would still have their rings and therefore survive - Sinestro drags Hal Jordan and Star Sapphire to what he was looking for at the end of BD0: what I presume to be Boston Brand's battery, which has created a pretty good-sized crater in the middle of some road or another. He's the only person known to have a white lantern ring right at the moment, anyway. Sinestro's already tried picking up the battery, and invites Jordan to try. The battery's pulling a sword in the stone-like trick, where nobody but the white lantern the battery belongs to is gonna be able to pick it up. This leaves the other lanterns wondering, if the battery is the sword in the stone, who is it's King Arthur. I've said I'm assuming it belongs to Boston Brand...it's just the lanterns don't know that yet.

Last edited by shgarland on May 9th, 2010, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2010, 1:22 pm 

Bleach:Of we know he is not dead =_=....I mean Ichigo is the heroe haha not him :P2:

NarutoHa not bad....but now we know next chapter will be backstory :sweat:

PostPosted: May 9th, 2010, 5:00 pm 
Major Contributor

Fresnokila wrote:
NarutoHa not bad....but now we know next chapter will be backstory :sweat:

I don't mind back-story chapters all that much, because it doesn't hurt to know where characters are coming from. If I wanted to bitch about it, it'd be over the fact that there's so many chapters like this...

PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 3:39 pm 

Finally made it to the latest chapters of Hajime no Ippo. It's still funny, but becoming a bit too outrageous for me. I'll have to see how he concludes the latest fight...

In between my reading for school, I've also started Nartuo. I blame you people for getting me hooked on this! :D I'm only around chapter 265 or so, but it is very fun. My only concern is that the powers keep growing making this more and more like a superhero comic book. Does the creator continue the comedy and character development or does this evolve (devolve?) into a Dragon Ball Z-styled fight-of-the-week comic?

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 9:30 pm 

PunkDaddy wrote:
Finally made it to the latest chapters of Hajime no Ippo. It's still funny, but becoming a bit too outrageous for me. I'll have to see how he concludes the latest fight...

In between my reading for school, I've also started Nartuo. I blame you people for getting me hooked on this! :D I'm only around chapter 265 or so, but it is very fun. My only concern is that the powers keep growing making this more and more like a superhero comic book. Does the creator continue the comedy and character development or does this evolve (devolve?) into a Dragon Ball Z-styled fight-of-the-week comic?

I'm afraid it gets more like a fight-of-the-month(s). The story is not as convincing. But you won't be able to stop this far into the manga now! haha

Latest One Piece - right now the story is focusing on a flashback from Luffy and Ace's childhood. They didn't have it easy at all, no wonder they turned into monsters!

Latest Bleach - the fight I've been waiting for... but why do I get a feeling that Aizen is not even going to get a scratch... it's getting kind of annoying...

Latest HxH - Gon's transformation is crazy!! He is a beast! :shock: The art is progressively getting better again. I really can't wait for this arc to finish so we can get back to the Genei Ryodan!! And it is almost over.

Latest Full Metal Alchemist - awesome chapter, Ed's kicking ass!!

Gantz 318 - it just gets crazier with every chapter.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 3:04 am 

wolfwood wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:

I'm afraid it gets more like a fight-of-the-month(s). The story is not as convincing. But you won't be able to stop this far into the manga now! haha

Arg. So true. I'm around 280 or so- and I'm supposed to be studying...

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: May 13th, 2010, 3:31 am 
Major Contributor

Naruto 494 - kind of interesting...but also kinda meh. kinda boring this week.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2010, 10:09 am 

Naruto:Wasn't that bad...just felt short and nothing really happened..haha

Bleach:Interesting....and of course this is reaching its end :ninja:

PostPosted: May 14th, 2010, 3:18 pm 
Major Contributor

Fresnokila wrote:
Naruto:Wasn't that bad...just felt short and nothing really happened..haha

Pretty much why I found it boring. Wasn't bad. Just felt short and nothing happened, as you said.

I kind of think Bee and Naruto need to throw down. Either that or Kisame needs to make his move... Either way, we could use a good fight, I think.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2010, 9:24 pm 
Major Contributor

Time for this week's bump.

Naruto 495 – Dunno how I thought to go look, but I just got done with it a little bit ago. Look's like we might getting the fight I was kinda hoping for last time, only it's not the opponent I expected. I still expect Kisame to pull something before it's all over, or maybe right after (because in the WWE, the "Money in the Bank" title shot is always used when the seated champion has already either been in a match or attacked by someone else, which is exactly how to do it and be successful if yer really being tactical about it). Either way, I expect whatever happens next will end up being key to Madara's plans and how they work out.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2010, 11:19 pm 

One Piece 585 - great flashback! Royalty and noblemen enjoying the life in secluded cities and castles while the lower stratus is living in the vicinity, in garbage dumps, created from the wastes that these privileged ones don't want. Is One Piece a criticism of our contemporary society or what? Sabu is a great character, a kid from the noble line who refuses to live in a world of privileges and injustice, and decides to live outside their protective ring, in the garbage dumps...
Lately the manga has shifted to a perspective where we are made to believe that there is a few select group, the World Government, that puppeteers the rest of society with their infinite power and wealth, hiding the true history, a story of atrocities, conspiracies, manipulation and injustice. What the heck is this One Piece? I really wonder...

Bleach 404 - interesting chapter. Please get to the real fight already!!

Naruto 595 - good chapter. Naruto's gotten a lot smarter. This Octo-guy is pretty good.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2010, 3:22 am 

Naruto:Yes good chap....and expecting a nice fight out of the next one :gatsu:

PostPosted: May 27th, 2010, 5:36 am 
Major Contributor

Naruto 496 – I'm kinda glad they didn't just jump right into the fight. Felt the build up was good, that one prank Naruto pulled on Nagato was great, and this fight just feels like it's gonna be good once it really gets going.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 53  Next