Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 53  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2007, 12:26 pm 

That is so true, Urumi is not only hot, but cool.

I just got done skimming threw the last volume of deathnote, it ended as I heard and expected. Still what I was surprised about was just how pathetic Light was at the end. Mean stop begging for your life and die with dignity for god's sake!

Edit: Spoiler tags are your friend Adict...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2007, 10:40 am 

I bought Hayate the Combat Butler Vol 4 and both volumes of Gundam: Lost War Chronicles.

Hayate is fun as usual.

Lost War Chronicles was kinda blergh. A short sidestory that is rather 08th MS Team-ish. Without much closure to it too. Wasn't really all that.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2007, 1:02 am 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I bought Hayate the Combat Butler Vol 4 and both volumes of Gundam: Lost War Chronicles.

Hayate is fun as usual.

Lost War Chronicles was kinda blergh. A short sidestory that is rather 08th MS Team-ish. Without much closure to it too. Wasn't really all that.....

I was considering purchasing the manga as well. If you've been watching the anime series, how would you compare it to the manga?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2007, 1:34 am 

Well both the anime and manga of Hayate has their own merits. The anime follows the manga pretty closely in terms of events that happens, but flings around the order at which they happen in some cases. And the anime has different reference jokes here and there, and has one or two filler episodes here and there which are pretty amusing in their own right really. Both have their own merits and I really can't say which is better.

Just got Shugo Chara vol 2. Quite a lot of random development and it was pretty fast paced and all over the place, hence a bit hard to digest. I need to read it again slower. And the art is good as usual. Too bad it ends on quite a cliffhanger and I have to wait until January for the next volume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 19th, 2007, 9:31 pm 

Suzuka ch 166, I'm so disappointed. That was the final chapter, and it did provide a conclusion, but now I feel like I read that whole manga to get to something so unexpected, It's strange because this is the first manga I don't feel melancholic about finishing.
Not being able to fulfill dreams is kinda uncool, anyways, that was a good dose of reality, I suppose.
Well, in the end it was a series I enjoyed, mostly in the beginning, when the story actually revolved around track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 21st, 2007, 12:46 pm 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
Suzuka ch 166, I'm so disappointed. That was the final chapter, and it did provide a conclusion, but now I feel like I read that whole manga to get to something so unexpected, It's strange because this is the first manga I don't feel melancholic about finishing.

Do you say this because of the time skip? Or because of the wedding?

Anyway, I did feel they ended it too abruptly, though I guess I should come to expect this type of thing by now . . . :P

Now if only I could find a group out there to scanlate the latest NANA chapters . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2007, 12:57 am 

spazmaster666 wrote:

Do you say this because of the time skip? Or because of the wedding?

Anyway, I did feel they ended it too abruptly, though I guess I should come to expect this type of thing by now . . . :P
Both, actually. They could could have managed with a few more chapters or if they were really thinking of doing a time skip it should have been better to make it at least 10 years after... or perhaps more and have their daughter entering the track team of her school fulfilling at last their dreams or something like that....

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2007, 2:50 am 
Regular

I'm reading Vampire Hunter D: Mysterious Journey To The North Sea part two (novel, not manga). I'm having a lot of trouble getting into this one; I normally knock out a VHD novel out in two days tops, but I've had the book for over a week and have only got fourty pages into it. Perhaps it's because this novel is a DIRECT continuation to the last volume, so there's no cool D intro. If you read the last one (and didn't read the preview chapter) you'll be disappointed to the anti-climatic solution to the cliffhanger which had D fighting a mutant who was going to kick his head off. Still, this might be as good as Demon deathchase (the one that was made (and slightly bastardized) into Bloodlust), as their is a ridiculous number of super-powered mutants who are out to get D and the pearl he's carrying. Also, the parasite in D's left hand creates some humor, as he'll speak loud enough for other people to hear, and D has to cover it up by acting out of character. I'll try and continue, but I'm just not in the mood right now.

Berserk-The latest chapter was okay, it showed that Roderick is very useful, and I have to say I'm warming up to him. Still, not much happened other than the naval battle.

Hellsing-Dammit Hirano! I keep worrying you're going to die before you finish this series (which I would find morbidly funny for a few minutes)! I hope the rumor that there is going to be a double release next month is true, cause I want to see what happens to the Captain and Seras, not to mention the upcoming match between Integra and the Major. Stay healthy, we don't need another Trinity Blood.

Bleach-292-Nell is in trouble now, also...HOLY SHIT! Renji and Uryu have been fighting the same guy for almost four months now! Time to wrap it up!

Naruto-Chapter 271-Was just more setup for the fight with Pain, though it looks like Jiraiya is screwed.

XXXholic- vol. 1-3 How did I ignore this series for so long? This is a fun read, plenty of laughs, drama, and it fills the holes in...

Tsubasa Reservoir chronicles-I'm normally not into Clamp manga, but I love this! Except for the eye eating and the clone thing (seriously, it's the scarlet spider all over again, but with manga).

Black Cat-Vol. 10, why does train keep letting Creed go? I know how the series will end, but come on. Also, the effect of the nano-machines on Train is funny, especially the scene with Kyoko dragging him behind her was so cute and funny.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days-Vols. 1-6, If you haven't read this series and were considering it, I would warn against it. The drawing is sub-par (Eva 01 looks like a beat up trash can) and the entire series is just there for fluff lovers (the angels are the biggest joke in the series-you could strangle them to death with a cordless phone). The series is a retelling of Girlfriend of Steel 2, which was an alternate universe take on the alternate universe presented in episode 26 of the television series (it's a bit like throwing a single packet of Kool-aid in a giant cooler...very, very diluted and is'nt gonna make many people happy). Still, if you like fan-fics and fluff, you MIGHT enjoy this. I do enjoy the Toji and Hikaru fluff personally (It's so cute!), but all the other romance in the story seems sad and unfulfilled (I'm not a huge fan of..."It's okay that they don't love me, loving them is enough for me." That just means you refuse to get back in the game).

Elfin Lied- Halfway through volume 9-Looks like Bandou is screwed...again. I hope Nana doesn't try and fight Lucy, I would hate to see her get hurt so soon after getting hit with a spike ball. At least the crossbow guy is finally out of the picture, I really hated him (especially considering what he was lugging around in the pack on his back).

Strawberry 100% vol. 1- I was disappointed with this; I had heard heard about this about four years ago and it sounded good, but so far it looks like the typical, "Nerdy guy sees girl that he is instantly attracted to, but he does'nt know exactly who it is, and manages to land a girl who most would want, but is a terrible boyfriend as he is occupied with searching for his dream girl (who the audience knows the identity of the whole time)." Though I give the writers props for making it so the only thing the main character knows about his dream girl is that she wears strawberry panties. The biggest problem is that there's nobody outside of the three main characters that have any importance. Still, the second volume might help this out.

Well, that's all I've been reading...I'm gonna go to sleep.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2007, 8:30 pm 

Cab329 wrote:
Strawberry 100% vol. 1- I was disappointed with this; I had heard heard about this about four years ago and it sounded good, but so far it looks like the typical, "Nerdy guy sees girl that he is instantly attracted to, but he does'nt know exactly who it is, and manages to land a girl who most would want, but is a terrible boyfriend as he is occupied with searching for his dream girl (who the audience knows the identity of the whole time)." Though I give the writers props for making it so the only thing the main character knows about his dream girl is that she wears strawberry panties. The biggest problem is that there's nobody outside of the three main characters that have any importance. Still, the second volume might help this out.

Well, it does get better than that, and some other characters do come into scene. But in the end the show is very fan-service directed. I actually loved the series, and I thought it was funny that every reader had a favorite girl, and in the end some people were pissed by who the main character ended up with.
I'd say is a good read, obviously would never better than let's say Video Girl Ai or I"s, or perhaps Pastel but it does offer some good moments, and a bunch of memorable characters. And by the way I liked Nishino.

I read Berser's latest chapter, I didn't really expect much from Roderick, but that was really kickass, now I'm looking forward to how the story from now on will develop, most likely it's going to be a while before they reach their destination...

Naruto 371 - Jiraiya seems to be outpowered this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2007, 9:23 pm 
Regular

wolfwood wrote:
Well, it does get better than that, and some other characters do come into scene. But in the end the show is very fan-service directed. I actually loved the series, and I thought it was funny that every reader had a favorite girl, and in the end some people were pissed by who the main character ended up with.
I'd say is a good read, obviously would never better than let's say Video Girl Ai or I"s, or perhaps Pastel but it does offer some good moments, and a bunch of memorable characters. And by the way I liked Nishino.

All right, I'll keep with it. I'll have to find an internet site though, because the american publishers are taking four months a volume.

As for Berserk, I wonder how many years it will be before the series finishes (don't get me wrong, it's great stuff, but there is a lot to do in the manga, and we're lucky if we get a chapter every few months).

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2007, 2:09 am 

I read once Miura wanted to make it at least 50 volumes long. I believe it started somewhere around 1987, too lazy to check. so it's already been what approximately 20 years... so saying it might take at least 15 more years it's not so far fetched, but it is kind of scary. I would be kinda old then...
In any case what I tried to do it's to wait for a couple of releases and then I read them all at once, to have a better experience, or else it would be too painful too read, since he does take a while to release a new chapter and the chapters tend to be kind of short.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2007, 10:14 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Cab329 wrote:
I'm reading Vampire Hunter D: Mysterious Journey To The North Sea part two (novel, not manga). I'm having a lot of trouble getting into this one; I normally knock out a VHD novel out in two days tops, but I've had the book for over a week and have only got fourty pages into it. Perhaps it's because this novel is a DIRECT continuation to the last volume, so there's no cool D intro. If you read the last one (and didn't read the preview chapter) you'll be disappointed to the anti-climatic solution to the cliffhanger which had D fighting a mutant who was going to kick his head off. Still, this might be as good as Demon deathchase (the one that was made (and slightly bastardized) into Bloodlust), as their is a ridiculous number of super-powered mutants who are out to get D and the pearl he's carrying. Also, the parasite in D's left hand creates some humor, as he'll speak loud enough for other people to hear, and D has to cover it up by acting out of character. I'll try and continue, but I'm just not in the mood right now.

As a big fan of the D novels as well, I hope I don't have any trouble getting into it. I was quite excited to finally have a two parter in the novels, and have been waiting to get back home so I can read my copy which is patiently awaiting my return for weeks now! ARG!

Concerning Berserks length, Wolfwood is correct, he* wants a ton of volumes and it will be many years before he completes it, unless something fundamentally changes and he wants to end it quick. He said in an interview once that he doesn't want Berserk animated again until he finishes. Which would mean the possibility of a new Berserk series at some point, which I would LOVE.

Last edited by Acmurphy on October 8th, 2007, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2007, 11:18 am 
Regular

Acmurphy wrote:

Concerning Berserks length, Wolfwood is correct, we wants a ton of volumns and it will be many years before he completes it, unless something fundamentally changes and he wants to end it quick. He said in an iterview once that he doesn't want Berserk animated again until he finishes. Which would mean the possibility of a new Berserk series at some point, which I would LOVE.

I don't want it rushed, I've just become paranoid as of late that manga authors will die before they finish their stories (I think it's because of what happened back in 2004 to Sunao Yoshida, the writer of the Trinity Blood novels). I would indeed like another animated series though.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2007, 11:33 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Oh I hear ya there, 15 more years of Berserk manga also means fifteen more years of avoiding death before it is finished, for Kentarou Miura and for all of us! Like what happened with the author of the Wheel of Time series, he died leaving his series unfinished. Let us hope that doesn't happen, for it would be no good for Kentarou Miura nor us. (Though it would be a lot worse for him...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2007, 2:17 pm 
Major Contributor

Naruto 371, as I thought, Konan and Pain are somehow related to Jiraiya (it explains how Jiraiya knew about Akatsuki so early on). At this point it does look kinda bad for Jiraiya, but at least we may get to see him fight. Though I wouldn't say he's toast yet since this is the guy that survived a fight with 4-tailed Kyuubi.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 53  Next