Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 53  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2007, 10:28 pm 
Newcomer

Acmurphy wrote:

How is the Fullmetal Alchemist manga series compared to the anime? I watched the anime a year or so ago, and I was much more impressed with the first half compared to the second. I heard that the first half came from the manga but the second half they made up as they went along. So how is the manga after where the series switched gears?

Im a huuuuge fan of the FMA manga. got the first 15 volumes on my shelf just begging to be read again. I Started on the manga before the anime, so I was always a little biased that way, but I love the way the manga has been going. It was similar to the anime in terms of characters and overall theme only really...

But recentally, the Elrics have met the 'father' of the Homunculous (Spelling?), and as Spaz said, quite a few other interesting developments have occured New Greed New Greed New Greed]

Ahh, its a great manga.

---------

Im reading;

Tenjou Tenge - Fighting manga. Go Asshat!!

Yakitate!! Japan - Bread making manga - Only a few more volumes to go but the translators have stopped... I may have to buy raws

Change Guy - Korean fighting manga - Shin Jin Ho > All

Air Gear - More T&A from Oh! Great. As with Tenjou Tenge, he tries to act smart, but we all know hes a perverted guy who can draw (and I love it)

Shingetsutan Tsukihime - If you *Havent* read this... Go get it now. Bought thefirst four volumes and Im chewing at the bit for the 5th to come out.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Damn solid manga. I like where its going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 11:04 pm 

Started GTO...since I saw the live-action series first....and even though of course its similar....stuff like characters are quite different....

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 12:07 am 

I started rereading GTO. It's awesome because i'm enjoying it even more than the first time, i'm actually paying attention to every detail this time.
Same thing with berserk which i have reread about 3 times already, every time it got more interesting. Beck is the same as well, I just which we could get the music for their latest song "devil's way". It's frustrating when everyone in the manga seems to enjoy the song but I, the reader, can't hear it in my mind... :D
Latest chapter of One Piece was interesting, I thought this one arc would turn out creepy as a Tim burton movie, but it's kinda funny actually.
Suzuka 152: worst case scenario... lol...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 10:22 am 

starting to read bleach and Hajime No Ippo again after a break. didn't miss too much, but wish that there had been more stuff released in my absence.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2007, 7:00 am 

Just read all of Death Note.

Interesting story that I felt would have been better put as a novel, since its essentially just the text you're mostly interested in. The movies probably sucked, and I'm not sure what the anime would be like. Alot of talking? I guess for this kinda story, manga is the best format out of the mediums its been done in.

I described it as a never ending chess match, and someone said it was a 5 sided Chess match in 5 dimensions. Haha. How would you move that piece? Don't you mean when?

Although I enjoyed it alot more in the start, it started to get a bit old I suppose eventually. And I was somewhat a bit annoyed with the rather.... stereotypical of a sort ending. And Misa was such a bimbo. Sure a cute bimbo. But really. Women are really stupid in the premise. And I suppose Misa was there just to give the author a break from drawing men in suits all the time.

Now when people relate Code Geass to Death Note, I suppose there is a similarity between Yagami Light(Raito, which is right anyway) and Lelouch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2007, 2:41 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Storm_Shinobi,

I haven't read the manga, but the anime is pretty good so far. There is a lot of talking, but they keep things interesting in each episode. My only real problem with it so far (on episode 11) is that I hate the main character :cry: Other than that I really have no problem, as it seems like a more mature and intelligent release. But I digress, as you already have read the whole story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2007, 3:39 pm 
Major Contributor

Yeah, the Death Note manga really started to irritate me toward the end which is one of the reasons I have, for the moment, stopped watching the anime. Basically after L died, the manga started going downhill IMO. And while I agree the ending is pretty predictable, there was really no other way it could have ended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 12:23 am 

Yeah pretty much, it was fun until up to that point, then it got a bit old. Mello and Near weren't quite as interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 1:17 pm 

I found it diffictult to keep myself interesting in Death note after the second or third volume, sure it was kinda cool how Light manipulated everyone but after awhile it got borring. I'm just waiting for the final manga to come out here in the states and see how it ends, i'm presuming with Light getting killed and the world going back to normal after it's revealed how much of an evil bastard he was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 2:25 pm 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
I found it diffictult to keep myself interesting in Death note after the second or third volume, sure it was kinda cool how Light manipulated everyone but after awhile it got borring. I'm just waiting for the final manga to come out here in the states and see how it ends, i'm presuming with Light getting killed and the world going back to normal after it's revealed how much of an evil bastard he was.

Well like i said, Death Note remained consistenly excellent until after the death of a certain important main character. ;) After that, it was still good, mind you better than a lot of manga out there, but not nearly as readable and as excellent as the previous volumes.

As for the ending, well the combination of Mello and Near eventually becomes too much for Light to overcome. Basically Mekami screwed up and Light ended up being cornered by Near. Light tells Ryuk to help him in a last-ditch effort, but Ryuk writes Light's name on the Death Note instead (seeing that his situation was pretty hopeless), and voila, the end of Death Note.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 1:04 pm 
Lurker

I just started reading Ichigo Mashimaro. After watching (and absolutely loving) the anime, I knew I had to get this eventually, so I picked up the first three volumes the other day. I wasn't actually sure if the manga would capture the same feeling and laid-back attitude that the show had, but after reading the first volume those fears have been assuaged. It's both ridiculously cute and at the same time very funny. I don't have to work today, so I figure I'll probably fly through the next two volumes that I have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2007, 4:03 pm 
Lurker

I had some time to kill this afternoon while I was out, so I ended up reading half the first volume of Death Note while I was in Borders. I know everyone started talking about this quite awhile ago and I'm behind the times, but wow... it was really good. I'm definitely going to have to start reading this series.

I also got the 4th volume of Ichigo Mashimaro and the 12th volume of Love Hina. I actually haven't read Love Hina in such a long time that I'm going to have to go back and re-read all of the previous volumes to get back up to speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2007, 6:16 pm 
Major Contributor

Not seriously reading anything at the moment, not counting certain stuff in the monthly Shonen Jump. Only reason why I haven't been bothered with particular manga is most of the stuff I'm interested in I've already read in Jump.

Outside of that, the next couple of things I hope to get are volume 4 of Oh My Goddess and the upcoming Potter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2007, 11:27 pm 
Major Contributor

Started reading Negima and restarted reading Hunter X Hunter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2007, 1:25 am 

Suzuka ch 155- I think we all expected this to happen...
Spoiler
Suzuka getting pregnant
I mean it was all pointing to that after things were starting to go well for the couple. Still is shocking news to see how all of their plans and dreams crash down.
Interesting twist, let's see what the mangaka is gonna do to wrap up the series now.

Pastel ch 79 - Ichigo 100% would've been a lot shorter if Manaka had been like this guy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 53  Next