Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2007, 8:15 pm 

I hated the shinigami in the end, he didn't knew what loyalty meant... he was an observer thru all of the story... kinda pissed me off, i think the first half of the story was the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2007, 1:59 pm 

Rozen Maiden volumn 4.....

I pity Sousei Seki. She's like so.... minor in the manga. She'd be like my 2nd favourite next to Suigintou. Who is rather interesting in the manga behind the scenes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2007, 3:01 am 
Major Contributor

Bleach, Naruto, D. Gray Man, Nodame Cantabile, 666 Satan, Fullmetal Alchemist

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 28th, 2007, 4:58 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
spazmaster666 wrote:

How is the Fullmetal Alchemist manga series compared to the anime? I watched the anime a year or so ago, and I was much more impressed with the first half compared to the second. I heard that the first half came from the manga but the second half they made up as they went along. So how is the manga after where the series switched gears?

Last edited by Acmurphy on May 9th, 2007, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 28th, 2007, 10:11 am 

What I've heard is that.... theres no Dante and (as I predicted when I was watching the anime), the Elric brother's Father is batshit evil.

Haven't actually read it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 28th, 2007, 10:23 am 

Yeah I agree the first half of Fullmetal Alchemist was easy the best part of the series, I personally didn't like where they took most ofthe characters. And in my oppinion the movie sucked. Mean could they make an ending any more against what I was hoping for in an ending?

So please tell me the manga ends better then the anime and movie both of which had crud endings as far as I'm concerned. ANy way any body that read it let us know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2007, 5:10 am 

Blargh, apparently Peach-Pit isn't doing Rozen Maiden anymore. I thought they just had a row with the magazine company or something but apparently there isn't any signs of revival.

I'll probably buy the rest of the volumes that make it into English and pray for revival of the series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2007, 11:41 am 
Lurker

:3 Just picked up volume 16 of Furuba after a few weeks of delay.

( -.-) Suitemate who gave me a lift to the mall gave me so much crap for it though. Note to self, only shop for hetero-compromising materials alone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2007, 10:37 pm 

wolfwood wrote:
I hated the shinigami in the end, he didn't knew what loyalty meant... he was an observer thru all of the story... kinda pissed me off, i think the first half of the story was the best.

Ha well I hated Kira since the FBI incidents so I'm happy with the result...

Kimagure Orange Road vol.9 (Kasuga has so many chances and doesnt do a thing...)...Blue Seed on vol.2...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2007, 7:19 am 

Hayate the Combat Butler up to vol 3. Although I read it up to 5 via scanslations, I'm buying the lot. Manga is more enjoyable in your hands, flipping through the pages physically.

And I got my hands on Lunar Legend Tsukihime vol 4. So much heaps better than the anime.... and in my opinion, than the game too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2007, 6:11 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
The Adict wrote:
Yeah I agree the first half of Fullmetal Alchemist was easy the best part of the series, I personally didn't like where they took most ofthe characters. And in my oppinion the movie sucked. Mean could they make an ending any more against what I was hoping for in an ending?

So please tell me the manga ends better then the anime and movie both of which had crud endings as far as I'm concerned. ANy way any body that read it let us know.

Ya I was not a fan of the movie either. It was so sad, they couldn't have done something so much better with it. I didn't have much of a problem with the ending of the series, but I really didn't like the ending of the movie.

BTW: It looks like Angelic Days has more than 4 volumes. Rightstuf is selling volumes 5 and 6 right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 11th, 2007, 9:34 am 

Yeah they coming out with another four volumes about Shinji's parents, I'm not interested. Just picked up Dazzle, it's pretty good, but not great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15th, 2007, 2:44 pm 

Kimagure Orange Road vol.14...thier relationship doesnt seem to go nowhere...

Boogiepop Doesnt Laugh or something like that vol.1...maybe it'll help me understand the anime more...

And some others which I forgot...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 16th, 2007, 7:24 am 
Resident Scholar

I'm reading "Gunmu - Last Order" (also known as Battle Angel Alita - Last Order but I like her original name "Gally" better) which is issued like one volume per year or so.
Hell of a piece in Japanese. I stopped after the first volume and turned to a translated version. All these sci-fi terms - neologisms for god's sake - are pure horror. If you're just a learner of Japanese you lack the nativeness to make any sense out of what you just read in that monster Kanji-combo... except if you've got a pretty keen intuition in word formation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2007, 6:44 am 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
spazmaster666 wrote:

How is the Fullmetal Alchemist manga series compared to the anime? I watched the anime a year or so ago, and I was much more impressed with the first half compared to the second. I heard that the first half came from the manga but the second half they made up as they went along. So how is the manga after where the series switched gears?

The second half of the anime is VERY different from the manga, and much more depressing and melancholy. The manga remains pretty much shounen throughout, without too many melancholy moments. The plot is different, and IMO more interesting in the manga version (the anime plot seemed a little too contrived nearing the end)

Warning, big manga spoilers ahead:

For instance, in the manga, a new type of alchemy from the East is introduced that doesn't require a circle and is completely different compared to Western alchemy. Also Scar is still very much alive and Al gains the ability to do transmutations without the need for a circle, just like Ed. It is also revealed that Al's physical body still exists in the Gate realm, which explains why Al's soul is able to continually be bound to the soulless armor. Oh and we also get to see Envy's "true form"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next