Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 15th, 2017, 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Manga Artists and Authors
PostPosted: September 8th, 2007, 11:00 am 

This thread is donated to people talking about Manga or Manwa artist and aurthors they like.

I'll start

My all time favorite artist/aurthor is Ken Akamatsu. Not only does he know how to right great stories, like Love Hina. His art work is easily one of the, if not that best I have ever seen. Mean the Love Hina manga are almost better drawn then the anime was. His characters are likeable. And the humor is actually funny. NARU PUNCH! Not to mention he knows how to draw beautiful women, I dare you to truthfully say otherwise. Well except the early part of AI Love You.

The other artist I like is YU Watse. This first part of Fusha Yugi was great, second was crap. Crese:Celstial Legends was one of the few Shojo's I've read or seen that over come being just Shojo.. Her art work is pretty good her character likeable. But where she since is just story telling. You can tell unlike a lot of manga and manwa writers she puts a lot of thought into her works. Nother plus for her is she is one of the few female artist that can actualy draw beautitful women. I know I know not a big deal but I personally hate when characters in Shojo go on and on about how beautiful a female character is and she's really not that good looking. One of my pet peeves in manga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2007, 7:43 pm 

well I've got two that I really like, first of all its Nobuyuki Anzai author of Flame of Recca and MÄR among others. the main reason for this is for his work on Flame of Recca, the art development from the first volume to the last has to be one of the greatest art developments I've seen so far in a Manga, to the point that some characters are nearly unrecognisable by the last volume because of the improvements made in the drawings.

then I'd like to mention Riichiro Inagaki, not only is his penwork good but his characters are some of the most amusing I've seen in a while (I dare anyone to disagree that they don't smile a little whenever Hiruma brings out his notebook) and the story in Eyeshield 21 is one of the better ones I've seen.

finally I'd like to mention Jyoji Morikawa, Mangaka of Hajime No Ippo or as its known in english Fighting Spirit. his artwork has changed and improved and is some of the most detailed I've seen for a series that publishes as often as it does. the story and characters are gripping yet hilarious and every character is pretty fleshed out. with 80 volumes spanning 784 chapters and ongoing this is one of the longer running series having first been released in 1990 and will in a few years have been around for 20 years remaining just as amusing and gripping in volume one as in volume 80.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2007, 11:36 am 

I just remembered another really good Man-wa artist, A femal writer by the name of Mi Young Noh. I've only read one title of her's Threads of Time, but wow. She manages to keep a perfect balance of plot, character, and humor with keeping a decent pase. As for her drawing, when she really takes the time to put her all into a frame, that from IS a masterpiece. Volume 8 douple page frame with Moonbeam and the mongol girl, one of the best pictures I've ever seen, even from the old masters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2007, 4:10 pm 
Resident Scholar

Watase Yuu is not a Mangaka, she's a psycho-terrorist. And a sadist on top of that.
Watching her works (I don't like Manga, I prefer Anime) gives me heart attacks and near-nightmares - she has really brutal things on her mind...

If I have to name Mangaka that I like, I'll have to name a Hentai artist:
Hayashibara Hikari.
Apart from some hardcore loli stuff he published a volume labelled "Parody Art Works", including drawings of "SailorMoon", "Love Hina", "Evangelion" and other well-known Anime, and two volumes of "Momonga Club" featuring "I's" girls, which look remarkably like the original artwork, just with some really hot action going on... makes me drool just to think about it... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 12th, 2007, 4:39 pm 

Sorry dude, the greatest doujinshi artist to me is easily black dog, hands down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 12th, 2007, 5:51 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
the greatest doujinshi artist to me is easily black dog

Uh, so, what did he do?
Got a link or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 12th, 2007, 8:35 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
Watching her works (I don't like Manga, I prefer Anime) gives me heart attacks and near-nightmares - she has really brutal things on her mind...

Sounds like my kinda stuff. I am going to check out one of the titles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2007, 9:18 am 
Major Contributor

Yeah Ken Akamatsu for sure, but that's pretty much a given.

Recently, I've really enjoyed Takeshi Obata's works such as Death Note or Blue Dragon Ral Grad.

And then there's Ai Yazawa, one of the few Shoujo mangaka that interest me. Noted works includes Paradise Kiss, and of course NANA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2007, 3:53 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
Sounds like my kinda stuff. I am going to check out one of the titles.

Watch Ayashi no Ceres. I found it brutal - both graphically and psychologically.
I don't fully understand why it has a "teenager" rating, e.g. with regard to the "sudden death" of the protagonist's father...

By the way, could someone please correct the typo in the thread's title?
It hurts my eyes... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2007, 11:38 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
By the way, could someone please correct the typo in the thread's title?
It hurts my eyes... :roll:

It's all fixed . . . ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 14th, 2007, 10:03 am 

Cere manga is much different then the anime, arts better though.

Also if you read Sailormoon Doujin then you probably already read some of his work. Yes he is a hentai artist. Admin please don't erase this link, it been asked for an I don't know how to private message. Go to www.ezmanga.com , go to the sailor moon sectio nand that's pretty much all his work that I've been able to find. Quality stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 14th, 2007, 5:19 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
www.ezmanga.com

Okay , I know a few of the SailorMoon pages. But I hardly ever make the effort and memorize the creator's name since most Dôjinshi are one-shots. Hayashibara and Saigadô are the ones that really stuck. If I try harder I might come up with more names... I think "St. Ryô" is one of them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 16th, 2007, 12:25 pm 

No problem, I'm usually the same way, with both manga and Doujinshi. The only hentai arthor I know are Black Dog and curvie. As for translators, Humpty, only because he's probably the best translator I've ever seen hentai, anime or live action, he's good.

As for manga writers I remember, I listed them all besides CLAMP. I used to think they were great, then I grew up and stopped liking most of their work. I still like Chobits and XXHolicX, spelled that wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2007, 2:49 am 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
Watch Ayashi no Ceres. I found it brutal - both graphically and psychologically.
I don't fully understand why it has a "teenager" rating, e.g. with regard to the "sudden death" of the protagonist's father...

OK, I read the plot summary, I am left wondering what kind of sick person writes about stuff like that. I was expecting brutal violence but this is a lot different.

Fushigi Yuugi sounds interesting though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2007, 10:47 am 

Mmsven, Ceres is not that bad. At least I don't think so. I really likes the show, one of the few, very few shojo series that manage to over come the shojo/shonen barrior to become just a good series. And lucky me can get it from the library for free any time I want. In any case most definately one you want to pick up.