Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
 Post subject: Re: What's Everybody Reading?
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2011, 8:44 pm 

Latest Naruto: see Kakashi kick ass is always cool.

Latest One Piece: can't wait to see more of this arc.

Latest Good Ending: really good plot twist here, I never expected it.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2011, 7:02 pm 

Latest:

One Piece - Can't help to love this "Mermen Island" arc. Everyones's been waiting for it.

Bleach - I'm very close to giving up on this one, I've been following it for many years but the lack of development and a serious plot is really killing it for me, not to mention the annoying frequent power ups.

Naruto - Its getting better now, they are only focusing on fighting, which is the manga's strenght.

Berserk - Yes!! Keitaru Miura came back from his break. I can't wait for the next chapter!

Good Ending - great story so far.

Vinland Saga - I don't know where this is going but wherever it goes I'm following it.

Wolfen Crest - In my opinion the latest chapters have added very little to the plot. The sexual innuendo has been really unnecessary.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2011, 9:18 am 

Still keeping up with several manga series:

- Happy: this one I had stopped reading a while ago due to the lack of chapter releases. But lately there have been a lot of new releases!! Which is awesome. This is a another of Naoki Urasawa's genius works, a tennis manga. Highly recommended.

- One Piece: pace has been fast on the current arc, and the story very unpredictable. It's not as epic as some of the previous arcs but it's well thought out.

- Naruto: Finally Naruto kicking ass as he never has before.

- Bleach: I only read the dialogue panels on this manga now. Bleach had a lot of potential for a great manga at the beginning, they were using some of the old Saint Seiya recipes and it was working, but seriously now nothing makes sense. And the plot is pure garbage.

- Berserk: awesome as usual.

- Good Ending: the storyline on this one is excellent. I'm truly enjoying it.

- Gantz: most unpredictable manga ever.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2011, 12:23 pm 

Ah yes this still exists ha..

Naruto:its been good so far...though I can't but help to think we'll be getting flashbacks since Gaara confronts his father now...

Bleach:when this new arc started it was interesting and actually just felt like another manga (hell he should have just made it another manga)...but now it feels like deja vu...as if its falling in the same pattern it has 2 times already...

Silver Spoon:only read the first...and well maybe the only one out yet...from the creator of Full Metal Alchemist (hell the characters surely look alike)..and being the first nothing interesting has happened yet...though it seems its just about some school of vets of some sorts..with a guy who thought he would ace a school about animals and is now rethinking his mistake (if I remember it well...read it a week ago)...
I'll wait for chap.2 to see if it really gets interesting or it'll be a slow manga for sure...

I want to continue Berserk but I have no idea where I left off =_=...and Claymore too..

PostPosted: September 5th, 2011, 12:21 am 

Latest:
One Piece - great as usual.
Bleach - great to see the captains back. The storyline however is still pretty weak.
Naruto - this war is pretty awesome.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 3:12 pm 

Naruto:interesting but well always leaves you hanging ha...

Bleach:ha this arc or whatever has been feeling rushed...but true what Wolfwood said...good to see the others around...

Steins:Gate:started this and am at chap 12...its an interesting concept to play with ha (time travel) even though they have remained in the same spot the whole time...

Edit:Read more Bleach and Naruto but didn't want to double post ha

Naruto:As always they finish at a fight you want to see ha...but Naruto did well with his battle...

Bleach:Seeing the captains is more entertaining than Ichigo....ha for some reason I prefer to watch their battles

Second Edit:....
Saw the latest of Bleach and Naruto...not much to say about Bleach though I am enjoying the captains battling..for some reason I am tired of seeing Ichigo ha...
But Naruto...ha I knew it...I said back than when Kabuto showed Madara one of the dead he could revive it would be
Spoiler
Madara himself

PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 3:16 am 

Started yesterday and well finished today Ann Cassandra which is about well a girl named Bekku who can see predictions in mirrors (well bad ones) and escaping that destiny of hers she meets a guy named Banjou who stops disasters before they happen as it seems he has a picture book which shows all of them beforehand...
Its an interesting plot ha they call themselves prediction destroyers and soon enough they meet a prediction protector ha...I really thought this manga would be more than 8 chapters seeing how much they could have played with that concept...but probably it didn't get the attention it needed and was ended before time..it did feel kind of hasty..as if they needed to end it as soon as possible on those last 2 chapters..

Still I would recommend it for a quick read...it is 8 chapters but it feels short after you finish it all...

Oh wait for it...the Fresnometer....a 7.5 out of 10 ha...

PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 12:17 pm 

Thanks for the recommendation Fresno, I'll start reading Steins:Gate soon. It sounds interesting.

I've caught up with Good Ending and Kimi no Iru Machi: these two are very good tittles, I'll write something about them later.

Hunter x Hunter: the new arc, which is not really an arc is quite awesome, finally we get to see characters that have not appeared in years literally).
Spoiler
Gon is dying, and it all points out that soon Killua will be fighting his brother Illumi in order to save his newly introduced Alluka. It's going to get really intense. Not to mention Hisoka is definitely going to be involved in it.

Fresnokila wrote:
I want to continue Berserk but I have no idea where I left off =_=...and Claymore too..

Just pick up a few 30 chapters back so you can also get into the feeling of the arc.
I also had a similar problem with Claymore, when I picked it up I simply couldn't remember what the heck was going on, or even who were the main characters, I kept reading whatsoever but I'll have to go back some day and reread most of it...

PostPosted: March 21st, 2012, 2:26 am 

Well besides the latest Bleach which finally got out of that stupid arc...and Naruto which remains interesting...I finally reread all of Berserk...ha first started off with the 20 volumes I actually own and went on from there online...still waiting for the movie to be released on dvd or something...saw the first 10 mins on it on youtube and it surely looked great...

Now to wait until they decide to release more Berserk chapters =_=

Going to reread Claymore now to see if I reach where I left off....and also been reading Silver Spoons which is quite hilarious :booyah:

Edit:Ha before I went into Claymore I checked another manga named Variante and finished it in one sitting...it reminded me a lot of Elfen Lied (the anime..never read the manga) except Elfen Lied falls in my top 5 worse animes...Variante was more enjoyable though ended sadly and of course with some questions (when does a manga or anime end up without room for doubts?)
Anyways was a good read and glad is was short...if not it would have turned awful I'm sure

PostPosted: July 7th, 2012, 8:28 pm 

Latest:

One Piece: new crazy characters introduced.

Naruto: interesting turn of events. Madara is a monster.

Gunslinger Girl: probably just a couple of chapters away from the end. Such sad story.

Last Exile: Sunadokei no Tabibito - finished after chapter 10. It doesn't tell us why Claus was in such state in the second season of LE. Still it was a good read. Hopefully another short story will cover what happens to Claus.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 8:50 am 

Ha good someone else posted so I can post again..tired of editing and editing so I won't double post...

Naruto:Yeah I agree Madara is quite troublesome...all the Hokages vs him and he seems to have the advantage of everything (hell he got loose of that jutsu so it'll be worse)...I would want to see more of Naruto's fight though...kind of feel they like it isn't about him anymore haha...

Bleach:I sure am enjoying it now that it feels like the old Bleach...though I never expected the quincies to be that strong...I surely want to see a good comeback from the shinigamis....

Berserk:read the latest chaps...and kind of disappointed to see these next 2 or 3 chaps going back to Guts past...we already saw most of it...we don't need every detail...I would prefer to see it advance...oh well good to see it active again...

Silver Spoon:I really am loving this one haha...especially its humor (I actually check this manga before checking any others like Naruto for the latest chaps)...they make farming seem so fun...well not for the main character but thats what makes it good

Edit:Read the latest Berserk which again they should have just pushed the story forward not back..hell I really saw no reason for this flashback....
Also started Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi and enjoying it for now...I'm at volume 8 I think it was...probably chapter 8 not volume..ha lazy to go check now...
And last but not least the latest of Silver Spoon which was funny as always...a new awkward character was presented ha

PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 11:10 am 

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi:I started this one as I said in the post above this one...I was around chapter 8 back than...now I am at chapter 480...hell 5 chapters away from the latest release....I should have gone slower but it really sucks you in..especially if a fight is about to begin...
Hell I even feel like learning some kind of martial arts after seeing so many fight from so many different styles...the creator of the manga really knows his stuff

Oh and the woman in tights and short skirts fighting is a bonus :wuv:

Gantz:started this one now because I just saw the live-action movie of it..well the first part...seems there are 2 parts of the movie...
Anyways started it..I'm at chap 11 and up to now it seems the movie did well to emulate the manga...all that I have read so far happened in the movie...though of course with small details like a dog character...nudity and such omitted from the live-action counterpart...

Seeing as how fast I went with the Kenichi manga I'll have this one to keep me busy as I await further releases

Edit:
Seems I'm the only one to post here now ha...

Ok here are my latest reads..and yes I've been having tooooo much time on my hands...

Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi:I'm now on the latest chap which was just released...chap 497 if not mistaken...and its been good so far...new evil disciples for the good guys to fight as always ha...and that Lugh sure looks interesting...too bad his encounter was cut short...

Sekirei:I started and am already up-to date with this one too..I'm on the latest chap 136...this one feels like Pokemon but with woman...Sekirei are woman (sexy woman of course) who look for an Ashikabi I think it was called for who to fight for..and fall in love with..
So this guy who got lucky to meet one sekirei and become her ashikabi...has now like 5 sekirei's with him...so thats 5 sexy woman in love with him and under his control for fighting...
And it surely gets crazier but don't want to spoil all...

Change 123:Now this one seems to have been completed for some time and its nice to read something with an ending every now and than instead of waiting for the latest release...
This manga involves a girl who has 3 personalities...she blanks out too when the other 3 are in action..each of those 3 personalities know a different type of karate and have a different attitude (complete with change of hair) to represent them...
She of course meet this boy who..I guess I should say they and not her...who they fall in love with..oh and this 4th personality named Zero comes out later on too which is a dangerous one with a bloodlust....but thanks to this boy and friends they try to fuse their personalities..etc..

Don't want to spoil anymore but it was a great manga which is weird I couldn't find an american release or anime for it...at least that I know of...

Besides those I've also been up-to date with the latest Silver Spoons...Naruto...Bleach and Gantz but with no one to talk about those mangas here anymore I guess I will just talk about the ones I've completed if I ever post again ha

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53