Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Top 5 of the day!!!
PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 2:08 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
What I need to fight off a zombie invasion:

Hmmm... let's see.

1. Sawed-off shotgun

2. Minigun

3. Flamethrower

4. Chainsaw

5. The Pineapple!

PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 2:29 pm 

dbd_addict wrote:
children?

Now that never crossed my mind...but...I would say let the children take care of whats left of the adult zombie...that way I won't have to kill them...they remain happy and hopefully leave me alone...if not than hopefully they're small enough to jump over as I blast the big ones :ninja:

PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 8:21 pm 

Lets see my top 5:

Gun - I would say with infinite ammo but that only happens in games :D.

Automobile - Need someplace to sleep and for transportation.

Gas - either to light Zombies on fire or for my transport.

Laptop - it could come in handy.

Internet - obviously for the laptop.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 8:49 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Gojira wrote:
What I need to fight off a zombie invasion:

Gojira, all weapons, all the time :lol:

PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 11:00 am 
Resident Scholar

Against zombies this time, huh?

1. two more people with good nerves and discipline

2. Shotguns and ammo

3. Machetes or folding spades

4. rugged clothes

5. Shopping Mall or remote cabin

PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 11:46 am 

Top 5 Television Shows:

1. LOST. Next season(year) marks the final season of this amazing show. I can be honest when I say that there will be a hole in my life when it ends. I seriously believe LOST is the best drama and science fiction show in the past 15 years.

2. The Office(American Version). Got caught watching this show during season two and really fell in love with it. Really funny stuff and it surprising me that the writing/comedy of the series is still so funny.

3. Top Gear. Its a show about three guys reviewing cars and completing in hilarious challenges between each other. I believe I read somewhere about it being one of the most downloaded shows on the internet. Interesting to watch the car reviews but even better watching the guys joke with one another.

4. Heroes(Season One only). Another show I caught mid-season and went back to watch it from the beginning. I like to think of season one as a whole with no other seasons following it. One of the lead writers left the show a few episodes into season two. Season two also took place during the writer's strike so it was pretty bad. Season three was some of the worst writing I have ever seen.

5. Rescue Me. A show about New York firefighters. I think this show is more real than most of the so called "real world" shows. Seriously, its just about a bunch of guys joking around and some pretty interesting drama going on as well. The writers have to be guys that are friends because they write real conversations.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 1:52 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
zero_chaos wrote:
Top 5 Television Shows:

Hmm, let me see. Tough to think of which ones to include:

1) Doctor Who - Specifically the new series since I haven't fully gotten into the original yet. It's just a lot of fun, filled with wildly varied plotlines, tons of sci-fi elements, and some really strong stories and story arcs at the end.

2) Firefly - What a great series to have gotten canceled. Another sci-fi series with a wild west flair to it. Culminated in the movie called Serenity, but I really wish the actual series had continued on.

3) Hercules - Not the most ingenious of storylines or anything, but it was just a blast to watch. Watching Kevin Sorbo and Michael Hurst play off one another was possibly the best part. When they were together you just knew it was going to be a good time.

4) Rome (HBO) - It was a little slow, but it just oozed awesomeness with the two main characters who really made the show a hit (for me). They may have played a bit fast and loose with facts of the time, but they crafted a great series there. Wish it would have gone on for more then two 12 episode seasons, but they would have had to of worked the series different with all the time jumps they had and such.

5) I'll go with The office too (US version anyway). It's got just such a hilarious cast of characters and and I always know when I get to watch another episode I am going to be entertained by the happening withing. I'm really surprised it has held up so well with so many seasons now, considering it is a comedy show.

*Honorable Mentions (I feel bad leaving out some that I really do like)* La Femme Nikita, Robin Hood BBC, Farscape, Journeyman, Veronica Mars, Arrested Development, Star Trek the Original Series, Jack of All Trades, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 2:27 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Acmurphy wrote:
Gojira, all weapons, all the time :lol:

Yeah, I'm tired of running away. Stand and fighting them off is my solution to stop the zombie invasion. :gatsu:

Anyway,my favorite TV shows.

1. Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K for short)- Joel (who got replaced with Mike in the end of season 5) and the Bots making fun of the worst movies ever made never gets old. The show was just pure genius and I wished they would have never canceled it after having 10 successful seasons.

2. South Park- The first 4 seasons were crappy, but the show started to become more hilarious around the 5th season, but it got old after the 11th season. I think South Park is one of funniest shows on TV, and more funnier than Simpson and Family Guy IMO. It was so crude, but in a brilliant way and plus it made fun of cliches in movies too.

3. Any documentary shows on Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, History Channel, and National Geographic Channel.- Yeah, I like to learn while I'm being lazy. :P2:

4. Any old shows that Sci-Fi Channel used to show- Like Lost in Space, Star Trek the Original Series, The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Land of the Giants, Planet of the Apes, Knight Rider, The Incredible Hulk (with Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno), and any of the old-school sci-fi and horror movies they used to show. *sigh* I missed those days. :sigh:

5. Cartoon Network's Original Series- Mostly Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, Ed,Edd, and Eddy, The Power Puff Girls (shut up), and Courage the Cowardly Dog. After those shows got canceled, the newer original shows sucked making me stop watching CN altogether.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 3:31 pm 

Ha haven't seen tv for years....I miss it...but I would have to move the tv to another spot for the satellite cable or buy a longer one...both of which I haven't done for something I believe is called laziness? :lol2:

But here I go...in no particular order...I have no fav fav...

1.The Most Extreme (Animal Planet)-if they are still airing it...but I used to love watching it...seeing which was most extreme of them all..haha...I especially liked the one where they showed the Mimic Octopus!!!

2.Attack of the Show (G4)-if its still called G4..ha...I remember enjoying this show which have had its changes of host..well co-host I would say...but now with Olivia everything is dandy :wuv:

3.Cinematech (umm...either G4 or TechTv)-they don't show this one anymore...but I used to love it just for the footage...its a show with no hosts whatsoever..they just showed many footage of different games...some funny...

4.Family Guy (Adult Swim [on Cartoon Network])-one of my favs...and even though Stewie has been portrayed more like a homosexual than a killer (hey I guess bad guys have their layers)..he still rocks!

5.Scare Tactics (Sci-Fi)-I don't know how much is real or not...but it's just so hilarious the way they stage the whole thing to scare someone on camera :mrgreen:

PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 5:20 pm 
Resident Scholar

zero_chaos wrote:
Top 5 Television Shows

I assume you're talking about live-action shows?

1. Trick

2. Manhattan Love Story

3. Sky High

4. Antique

5. Gansô Debuya
It's not a television show in the sense of "fiction"... it's more culinary entertainment.
Ishida and Papaya on tour... across all of Japan... stopping at places where there's some local cuisine specialty... you watch and drool all the time.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2009, 12:45 am 

My top 5 tv shows would be:

1. Hercules Legendary Journey - I miss this TV show. It was awesome and I am big on Mythology.

2. Firefly - sadly this show was canceled before the season finished out. It's awesome though and it's like a sci-fi space adventure mixed with cowboy bebop.

3. Animonday - Every Monday they play anime on Sci-fi and they call it Animonday.

4. House, M.D. - I'm a big fan of House it's one of the 2 doctor shows i can watch.

5. Scrubs -The other doctor show I watch, but this one has a different type humor to it. Dr. Cox is funny.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2009, 10:29 am 

Well I guess it's time for a new 5 list...but if I do it again I feel like I'm hogging the thread :lol2:

I'll save the one I have for another time..I would love to see what Acmurphy or 42317 has to offer for a top 5 list :whistle:

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2009, 4:04 pm 
Resident Scholar

Fresnokila wrote:
I'll save the one I have for another time..I would love to see what Acmurphy or 42317 has to offer for a top 5 list :whistle:

Haha, I guess... the Resident Admin is on vacation and I can't think of anything good or appropriate right now... I can imagine a few top five lists, but I can't post them before I figured out a set of answers of my own... I'll just butt in once something hits me.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2009, 9:30 pm 

Ok i'll post one:

Top 5 Favorite songs (can be from anything..soundtrack..radio..anything..)

1. "Thats Not My Name" - by the Ting Tings. The song really isn't that special but for some reason it has me hooked everytime I hear it i'll be singing it in my head all day.

2. Gollums Song - By Emiliana Torrini from LOTR. This song is very sad, but I love hearing it, I even had it on my MySpace.

3. Poker Face - by Lady Gaga. Another song i'm hooked on and i rather enjoy the music video.

4. Walk on Water - by MILK, Inc. This is a foreign band if I remember but I first heard Walk on Water in an AMV for Kingdom Hearts. Everytime I hear this song now it makes me think of Kingdom Hearts.

5. Gives You Hell - by the All American Rejects. This song was #1 on the radio for awhile, and it's one song I listen to all the time without getting sick of it. I love the lyrics and I can always sing along to it.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2009, 10:15 pm 

Hmm well lets see....top 5 songs...they'll mostly be from soundtracks :sweat:

1.Heaven's Not Enough (Steve Conte)-from the Wolf's Rain soundtrack...it's my fav for now...and has been for a couple of years....haha..

2.Chop Suey (System of a Down)-this one is just one of those songs you don't tired of hearing...I especially love playing it on Rock Band :boohoo:

3.Celes (instrumental)-from FF6....it's been another fav since the first time I've heard it...I'm usually attracted to depressing tunes...

4.The Sore Feet Song (Ally Kerr)-from Mushishi...haha..the whole version of course...for some reason I got hooked to the song while watching Mushishi...ha its why I said they'll mostly be soundtracks...I just hear the songs so much I download and burn!

5.Kiri (Monoral)-from the soundtrack of Ergo Proxy...haha...so yes...another one I heard so much I ended up downloading..all the songs of this list are on the same cd in my car..haha...been there for months...I guess that means I haven't seen much anime since :sweat:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next