Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Top 5 of the day!!!
PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 12:52 pm 
Resident Scholar

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
1. Alan Rickman - not only does he have a sexy voice but he is an awesome actor.

Don't you mean "awesome voice" and "sexy actor"? :lol:

Do I have a top five of favorite actors?
What are "favorite actors"? Are these actors that you just like (broad approach) or are these actors that pull you into the cinema no matter in what kind of film they appear (narrow approach)? I couldn't take the narrow approach because there is no actor or actress, not even the coolest guy or the hottest babe, whom I take for granted to make a movie good. So I'll just name the most likely candidates for me, which is less linked to the persons themselves but more to the kind of movies they usually make. At least I think that's the case. Additionally I think I must make a male/female distinction... if it's allowed... because "actors" sounds like being limited to male persons, as opposed to "actresses". I dunno whether this was intended.

1. Shared: Bud Spencer and Terence Hill.
They made my childhood and youth so much more entertaining.

2. Gary Oldman.
Awesome performances in "Léon" and "The Fifth Element", and he wasn't bad either as Sirius Black. I still have to see "JFK".

3. Arnold Schwarzenegger - yay! :D
I love these old trash flicks from the 80s... "Commando" was so hilarious, so was "Predator", and the Conan movies... at least the first one.

4. Clint Eastwood...
For being the tall stranger in these great Italo-Westerns.

5. Shared: Takenaka Naoto and Abe Hiroshi.
They make great appearances in Japanese movies and TV series. Whereas Takenaka has mostly more or less funny roles, Abe has played a variety of characters... a quiet but strong type in "Antique", a macho-parody in "Survive Style 5+", the manic investigator in the Japanese version of "The Fugitive" (jap.: "Tôbôsha")... and of course the slightly crazy professor Ueda in "Trick"... which leads me to the females...

1. Nakama Yukie.
Always a joy to my eys and ears. She co-starred with Abe in "Trick" and had the lead role in "Gokusen".

2. Shibasaki Kô.
She has a good portfolio imho. Tsubaki in "Go" was a good performance. I liked "Orange Days" (TV Drama) a lot, too.

3. Kitagawa Keiko.
The Martian among the Sailor Senshi. And the only one who concentrates on real acting... as opposed to Komatsu Ayaka who makes money with her bust size and can't act out a wood block, Koike Rina who goes on in loli mags and movies, Azama Myû who exclusively keeps appearing in fashion mags, Hama Chisaki/Izumi Rika who's been out of business for years, and Sawai Miyû of whom I don't really know what she's been doing since then except for very minor roles.

4. Hashimoto Reika for her outstanding appearance in "Survive Style 5+", where she showed great expression without saying a word.

5. Margaret Rutherford!
She's done such a great job being "Miss Marple" in the b/w 60s movies. Everybody's favorite grandma.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 1:34 pm 

42317 wrote:
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
1. Alan Rickman - not only does he have a sexy voice but he is an awesome actor.

Don't you mean "awesome voice" and "sexy actor"? :lol:

Haha nope I mean sexy voice :wuv: . Alan Rickman is one of those guys I could listen to him talk all day. As for physical appearances I believe he's old enough to be my grandfather.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 9:21 pm 

Ok, top 5 favorite actors:

1. Daniel Day Lewis. He is simply outstanding. I really have not seen an actor that is more believable than him. My Left Foot, The Last of the Mohicans, In the Name of the Father, Ballad of Jack and Rose, and There Will Be Blood are some of his best work. Separating a good actor from a good movie is something I think a lot of people have trouble with. I can admit I do not like some of Daniel Day Lewis's movies but the characters he portrays are always a gem to watch.

2. Russel Crowe. Watch A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man, and Gladiator if you have not. Three very good films that proves to me how talented an actor he is. It is astonishing to realize his dramatic change in only a year from character Maximus(Gladiator) to John Nash(ABM). I am really excited for the new Robin Hood movie.

3. Leonardo DiCaprio. A promising young(ish) actor. His career before Gangs of New York is good but nothing too great. However, his role in Gangs of New York and the movies after show how smart of an actor he is. All the movies Leonardo has been in are also great movies(not like Lewis). The Departed and Blood Diamond are fantastic to watch. I am looking forward to how his character in Christopher Nolan's Inception will turn out.

4. Tom Hanks. Who else could have made Castaway that interesting to watch? Same goes for The Terminal(which is a real treat) and Forrest Gump. One of the greatest actors around. I think his work speaks for itself.

5. Will Smith. I think PrfsrSnapesAngel said it best with "Does he make bad movies?"...ok so Wild Wild West wasn't the best, but it wasn't unbearable either. Looking forward to the I am Legend Prequel and talks of another Hancock movie.

Two promising actors I thought I would mention are Natalie Portman and Ryan Gosling. Miss Portman did some really interesting work in Garden State but also proved to be a thought provoking character in V for Vendetta. Gosling proved his worth in The Notebook, Half Nelson, and Lars and the Real Girl. These two actors need to do more work so I can defend my list.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 10:39 pm 

zero_chaos wrote:
Two promising actors I thought I would mention are Natalie Portman and Ryan Gosling. Miss Portman did some really interesting work in Garden State but also proved to be a thought provoking character in V for Vendetta. Gosling proved his worth in The Notebook, Half Nelson, and Lars and the Real Girl. These two actors need to do more work so I can defend my list.

I agree with you Zero about Natalie Portman. I loved her in Star Wars, V for Vendetta, and The Other Boleyn Girl. She is a beautiful woman and I look forward to other movies with her in it.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 10:44 pm 
Regular

42317 wrote:
Additionally I think I must make a male/female distinction... if it's allowed... because "actors" sounds like being limited to male persons, as opposed to "actresses". I dunno whether this was intended.
cool. a fellow old schooler. nowadays, due to all the political correctness crap, actor is for women too. people changing job titles from ***man to ***person... :roll:

thanks for mentioning "Survive Style 5+", 42317. i must check out your other japanese movies you mentioned now.

okay i will give this actor thing a try.
i am a sucker for a particular type of voice and poise so these are quite biased.

1. renee zellweger
2. claire forlani
3. bjork

pah! i cannot narrow it down...

4 & 5. kate winslet, emma thompson, tilda swinton, cate blanchett, hellen mirren, winona ryder, meryl streep, audrey hepburn, annette bening, natalie portman, marisa tomei, helena bonham carter, ziyi zhang, catherine keener, gwyneth paltrow, ellen page, nicole kidman, jennifer tilly.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 2:14 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Alright, the new Top 5 for today is your favorite superheroes!

Here's my top 5 superheroes.

1. The Incredible Hulk- Just everything about the Hulk makes him my favorite superhero. He nearly unstoppable, gets stronger with anger, and always continues to push the limits with his powers.

2. Hellboy- The big, red demon who was a stone hand, a big pistol that packs a wallop, and has an attitude. What else I can say? I'm a big fan of both the comics and the movies. Also, some of the monsters he encounters were pretty wicked looking and based on some of the different mythologies from different parts of the world.

3. Superman- He's the first superhero and is the embodiment of what a superhero should be. Honest. Compassionate. And able to take down his foes without killing them. Plus, he fought a lot of epic battles that would probably give DBZ a run for its money too such as his battles with Brainiac, General Zod, Darkseid, Doomsday, Superboy-Prime, and Imperiex.

4. Spider-Man- I grew up watching the Spider-Man cartoon on Fox Kids and I thought he was pretty cool, along with some of the villains he fought such as The Lizard, Venom, and Carnage.

5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- Another childhood favorite of mine and made a large chunk of it too.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 3:12 pm 

Gojira wrote:

I was very curious what topic you would pick. :lol2: Great topic!

My Top 5 Superheroes:

1. Batman. I have a certain theory on my birth...it is the idea that I was born holding some Batman merchandise. :lol2: Seriously, I love everything Batman...I fell asleep so many times watching Michael Keaton dueling with evil.

2. Spider-Man. Grew up watching Peter Parker kick some bad guy butt. I read a few of the comics, watched every cartoon episode, and enjoyed all but the last recent movie.

3. Rorschach. The Watchmen graphic novel was an excellent read, but I picked Rorschach because of his on screen portrayal. He was just a bad a$$ in the movie.

4. V. Its the guy from V from Vendetta if you were wondering. I have only seen the movie but I do wish to read the comic. Hopefully the comic will cover some more of V's past as I find that very interesting.

5. Wolverine. Cool character...enough said.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 3:13 pm 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:

What is a superhero?
Is that someone who saves an entire world from a threat? Or is a city enough?
Is it someone who has supernatural powers or do high-end but still humanly possible skills suffice?
I'll apply a wide definition: A guy or a gal in a kind of costume who fights for his/her notion of justice.

1. The Batman.
But is he a super-hero? In terms of abilities he's pretty limited by realism.
But I like his limitations and I like him being a flawed kind of person - as opposed to the ridiculously strong and virtuous Superman who's only affected by hard to come by things like Cryptonite and magic... haha. That guy is as boring as can be.

2. Darkwing Duck. :D
Gotta love his threeliners...

3. Zebraman.
Cool movie. The second half up to the final fight drags a bit, but it's worth watching for the fun of it.

4. Quailman!
The hero who wears his underwear above his shorts!

5. Monkey!! :mrgreen:
Agent Honeydew and the implied bestiality!

PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 9:47 pm 

Top 5 superheros eh..well lets see:

1. Wolverine - Wolverine just plain rocks!

2. Rorschach - I know he isn't a superhero persay...but I think he is.

3. Spiderman

4. Kitty Pryde - She's one of my favorite female x-men.

5. Superman

PostPosted: May 19th, 2009, 2:01 am 

Hmm top 5 superheroes...let's see if I can make 5...

1.Darkwing Duck-I have to agree with 42317 on this one...I loved this guy when I was a kid...never missed it!!!...He had some great intros too :lol2:

2.Michaelangelo-from the Ninja Turtles...he made the group look alive...uses nunchucks...ha...and was just fun to watch thanks to him :P2:

3.Superman-I used to get up every morning as a kid and open my shirt thinking a huge S was going to be there...hmm..never worked... :shame:

4.Condorman-ha I remember liking it as a kid...may laugh now as an adult..but it's still one of my childhood heroes :whistle:

5.Batman-...I wanted the last one to be an x-man...it turns out the one I liked the most is actually a villain (yes found him emily)..so..thats for another list..ha..for now Batman...for the movies and for the great animated series I used to watch...

PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 10:57 am 

No one did another top 5...well I guess this means the court is open...

My turn again..this time I'm going to copy another fun one I saw... :d^_^b:

Top 5 things you would have when zombies attack!!!:

Going to type the same answers I gave once...

1.A Pump Action Shotgun-would I want anything else?...a shotgun is the way to go...and see all those pieces splatter all over the place! :d^_^b:

2.Gasoline-it would be fun to first cover those bastards and than shoot just one round...fireworks!!!...Maybe just throw the whole thing onto a group and shoot as it goes :ninja:

3.A Hunting Knife-to save ammo or in case I run out of ammo :sweat:

4.HD Camcorder-to record all the fun I am having :lol2:

5.Doritos!-hey I need something to eat while I watch all that footage I got from my killing spree :booyah:

PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 12:38 pm 
Regular

^ i am curious, fresno. have you killed anything before? it is not really fun.
good call on the doritos!

still an interesting idea.

1. helicopter

2. fuel

3. food

4. water

5. one WMD

PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 1:04 pm 

Not anything on purpose...well actually not me...maybe the evil car...I just look in despair as the animal it hits keeps rolling on from my rear view mirror :shock:

I wouldn't kill any animals myself..love them...ha...now for humans..hmm..that would depend...I thought maybe in the army I would get paid for doing so and see how it would affect my way pf thinking...but I was kicked out after 2 years...

But of course....we are talking zombies here :lol2: So unless its someone loved who was been turned...everyone else is game!

PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 1:17 pm 
Regular

lol @ you staring in despair at the rolling animal in the rearview.

yeah i guess they are zombies and that survival thing kicks in. but still, i doubt you will find it fun at all. what if they look normal? but still the craving for blood and brains? i think that would make it even harder. children?

PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 1:49 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Fresnokila wrote:
But of course....we are talking zombies here :lol2: So unless its someone loved who was been turned...everyone else is game!

Better to kill them and end their suffering than to let them continuing living as decaying, flesh eating zombies! It's the only humane thing to do :0:-):

1) A bomb shelter. So I would have a place of refuge from the rampaging hordes. To restock and refuel, or to just hide away. Whatever tickles my fancy, but at least I would know I could be safe somewhere. Plus, I would have some anime (and hentai :D) stocked in there to watch during my downtime :d^_^b: Gotta have something to do with all that spare time!

2) Battle car. Built out with armor and spikes so I can cruise around and not get stopped by running over more zombies than my ride can handle :booyah:

3) Gotta go with the shotgun, I've found it's my gun of choice for zombie extermination. Spread shot, blowing pieces off, it's just easier to stop them. Maybe have a drum of shells to have more shots with it than the standard 8. (Do they have shotgun drums, I swear they do...)

4) Samurai Sword. My knife of choice. Better range than a knife to make sure those damn zombies keep their distance. (Especially with my limited knife fighting skills)

5) Those beeping grenades in Left 4 Dead that those foolish zombies can't help but follow, and subsequently get blown sky high. Those would be most useful, especially if a large group is attacking you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next