Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 17th, 2017, 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Top 5 of the day!!!
PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 5:36 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
I believe the "old school" period would be the 70s and the 80s.

I don't think I can even think of a punk song from that era, I'm not old enough. I only started listening to music in 1989, that's when I got a cassette player and a tape with pop songs.
Uh, PunkDaddy, could you help us with this special top five? :d^_^b:

PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 6:00 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:

I don't think I can even think of a punk song from that era, I'm not old enough. I only started listening to music in 1989, that's when I got a cassette player and a tape with pop songs.

Iggy and the Stooges did some good stuff. Who could forget "I Wanna Be Your Dog"? The Sex Pistols with "Anarchy in the UK" and "God Save the Queen" caused quite some stir in their native Britain but fortunately they never were deported. The bassist who knew exactly how to play the bass properly was Glen Matlock, not Sid Vicious who sucked at bass but his image was considered the best image of punk rock at the time so if anything, his reputation and image compensated for his horrible bass playing. Black Flag had some hits in the early 80s such as "Rise Above", "TV Party" and "Gimme Gimme Gimme" and thanks to that band, people know who Henry Rollins is since he started out with Black Flag and now has his solo career and occassional acting gigs. The Ramones had a huge amount of hits such as "Blitzkrieg Bop", "Beat on the Brat", "Judy is a Punk", "Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment", "We're A Happy Family", and "I Wanna Be Sedated". Devo are not the traditional punk band since their gimmick that helped them throughout the years were wearing "radiation suits", the sunglasses, and the superb keyboard sounds of Mark Mothersbaugh who went on to score several Nickelodeon cartoons, the most known of his Nicktoon contributions was Rugrats. Keep going, or that's good?

PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 7:06 pm 
Resident Scholar

Oh, at least I do know (and like) "Blitzkrieg Bop". I just never perceived it as punk. :sweat:

PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 7:17 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Oh, at least I do know (and like) "Blitzkrieg Bop". I just never perceived it as punk. :sweat:

Hey ho, let's go!!! (repeat X3)
They're running in a straight line
They're going through a tight wind
The kids are losing their minds
Blitzkrieg Bop!!!
They're funnin' in the back seat
They're generating steam heat
Pulsating to the back beat
Blitzkrieg Bop!!!
Hey ho, let's go
Shoot 'em in the back now
What they want, i don't know
We're all revved up and ready to go!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: August 11th, 2009, 1:00 pm 

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:

Heh, I'm not nearly as authentic as I would like to be since I've never been to a live show and I didn't start getting into punk early enough to listen to this stuff when it was coming out. I'm old enough maybe. 8) I certainly would not have classified Devo as punk although the certainly were avant garde and intended to shock people a bit. However, with all of their synthesizer usage, I would have said they were closer to New Wave (even though they are American, not British) in style of music. Definitley an interesting choice G-Core! Also a nice punk summary. I listened to stuff on the radio in the 80s, but didn't really get into Punk until the 90s when a local station out here started a Friday night punk show. It also helped that Steve Jones (guitarist for the Sex Pistols) and Henry Rollins (singer for Black Flag) had radio shows on a station out here for about 5 years.

My top five old school punk songs would be:

5. The Clash- Rock the Casbah
4. Suicidal Tendencies- Institutionalized
3. The Ramones- I Wanna Be Sedated
2. Iggy Pop- Lust for Life
1. Holliday in Cambodia- Dead Kennedys

Not necessarily the 5 best, or 5 most important, just the ones I like! :lol:

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: August 11th, 2009, 5:39 pm 
Major Contributor

Thanks for the positive approval on my summary. :sweat: :)

Let's move on, shall we? :mrgreen:

Top 5 Morgan Freeman Roles
5. Colonel Abraham Curtis, Dreamcatcher
4. Lucius Fox, Batman Begins/The Dark Knight
3. God, Bruce Almighty/Evan Almighty
2. Principal Joe Clark, Lean on Me
1. President Tom Beck, Deep Impact

PostPosted: August 11th, 2009, 6:02 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:

Yeah, whatever... I consider myself lucky for actually being able to relate the name to a face... and that's about it. :sweat:

PostPosted: August 11th, 2009, 6:19 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:

Yeah, whatever... I consider myself lucky for actually being able to relate the name to a face... and that's about it. :sweat:

Come on, don't be a wuss. :mrgreen: If you answer this one, i promise i'll do my best to make an easier list. Deal?

PostPosted: August 11th, 2009, 7:07 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:
Come on, don't be a wuss. :mrgreen: If you answer this one, i promise i'll do my best to make an easier list. Deal?

What good would it be if I went to imdb right now and wrote down five roles from five random movies the titles of which I might incidentally remember?
Shawshank Redemption? That Ebola movie where he played a general? Bruce Almighty? (That was a horrible movie!) Okay, I think that Morgan Freeman is a decent actor and one of the most popular these days, but I have not paid enough attention to his work to make such a list.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2009, 7:20 pm 
Major Contributor

OK... :diss:

Now to keep my end of the deal, is this one simple enough for ya? :sweat:

Top 5 Universal Studios Florida Rides
5. Earthquake Ride
4. Terminator 2 3-D: Ride Across Time
3. King Kong Ride
2. Twister Ride
1. Back to the Future: The Ride

PostPosted: August 11th, 2009, 8:14 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:

Not familiar with his movies? Wow... I mean there's nothing wrong with that, but I'm just surprised. That's all.

If he made list of Top 5 Klaus Kinski Roles, that's a different story. I have only seen one of his films, which is Cobra Verde(1987), which I was disappointed with it, though I would like to see some of his movies sometime. :D

Top 5 Morgan Freeman Roles(no particular order)
1. Narrator-March of the Penguins(2005)
2. God-Bruce Almighty(2003)
3. Sergeant Major John Rawlins (Gravedigger)-Glory(1989)
4. Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding-The Shawshank Redemption(1994)
5. Lucius Fox-Batman Begins/The Dark Knight(2005-2008)

I've never been to Universal Studios Florida, but I've been to Disney World before! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: August 12th, 2009, 5:06 pm 
Major Contributor

Don't worry about it, Gojira. :mrgreen:

I saw that some people made their list of this particular one so i figured i should make mine:

Top 5 Fears
5. Needles (I used to dread taking my necessary vaccine shots or having a sample of blood taken, but the last time i had a needle in me i was very calm on the outside and i didn't cause a humiliating scene by panicking before and during. Of course, i was holding my fear on the inside and i do feel a bit of a prick when the needle enters my skin, who doesn't?, but i just closed my eyes and just kept asking to myself in my head "When's it over?" That was over one year ago. And i believe that once the swine flu vaccine is perfected, we'll all be visiting our doctors to once again receive a needle but it's for our safe health and it doesn't scare me now as much as it did before.)
4. Knives (Somehow i'm numb to it in movies, but just seeing a real knife in the kitchen kinda sends me into a bit of a scare and usually my mom has to tell me not to worry.)
3. Sharks (I've seen enough shark movies to have the natural fear, i just hope that if i do go scuba diving one day that if i see a shark close by that he just swims past me as long as i don't make any sudden movements.)
2. Being on a plane that's taken over by terrorists (I haven't been on a plane since before 9/11 but the events of that day really gave me a general fear of being even one second inside an airplane that hasn't really gone away to this day. So if i plan on ever making that move to the U.S.A., i'd have to complete a "fear of flying" class beforehand. The heights don't really scare me, neither does the turbulence but being on a plane that crashes especially if it's taken over by a group of fanatics trying to do their plan of crashing the plane somewhere, i'll have to get help for that.)
1. Lack of oxygen (Either if i'm too much time underwater, waking up from a bad dream in the morning and practically gasping for air, or if i danced around to my favorite music too much that i think that i'm so exhausted and i'm filled with sweat on my face and i'm sometimes laying on the floor struggling to breathe slowly; i've never danced at nightclubs, only at my house; i really need to start working out if i wanna keep dancing but not get uber tired after only a few seconds. I've never been very scared of starving, but not having air to breathe REALLY makes me think i might die if i'm not careful and i know that i need air to breathe.)

PostPosted: August 12th, 2009, 5:41 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
G-Core wrote:
3. Sharks (I've seen enough shark movies to have the natural fear, i just hope that if i do go scuba diving one day that if i see a shark close by that he just swims past me as long as i don't make any sudden movements.)

What's sad is that sharks have a lot to fear from us than we do of them. While certain species of shark have killed about over 100 people a year, we kill about 100 million sharks a year (blame the demand for shark fin soup). Yes, I have a big heart for sharks and I find them fascinating too.

My Top 5 Fears:
1. Being trapped in total darkness
2. Buried alive
3. Heights (only if there's nothing that can protect me)
4. Losing loved ones
5. Death (though it's minor at times and I've been able to overcome that fear)

PostPosted: August 12th, 2009, 6:07 pm 
Major Contributor

Gojira wrote:
G-Core wrote:

What's sad is that sharks have a lot to fear from us than we do of them. While certain species of shark have killed about over 100 people a year, we kill about 100 million sharks a year (blame the demand for shark fin soup). Yes, I have a big heart for sharks and I find them fascinating too.

Remember that film Deep Blue Sea? I think experimentation on sharks to cure diseases is a true science, but i'm only assuming since i'm not 100 percent sure. And the type of stuff they were doing in their underwater lab seemed too sci-fi to be considered a real fact. Since you're the Matt Hooper (you love sharks :wink: ) and i'm the Chief Brody (i'm not as fearful of the water as Brody but i am very cautious about the sharks :mrgreen: ) of the bunch, do you know the correct answer to that interesting equation?

PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 6:03 am 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
Top 5 Universal Studios Florida Rides

Gojira wrote:
42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:

Not familiar with his movies? Wow... I mean there's nothing wrong with that, but I'm just surprised.

I'm not overly interested in latest movies and during these last 10 years I have hardly watched any TV - and mostly Anime, cartoons, documentaries, and news.

Gojira wrote:
If he made list of Top 5 Klaus Kinski Roles, that's a different story.

Yes, that would be a far more interesting list. :D

Gojira wrote:
I have only seen one of his films, which is Cobra Verde(1987)

At least watch "Aguirre".
His "Nosferatu" (1982) isn't bad either... with lots of reference lines from the original Dracula movie starring Bela Lugosi.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next