Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 21st, 2017, 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2007, 2:48 am 

I had some hand in Ragnarok Online politics(low ranking Event GM!) and it all ended on a bad note but whatever. Did gain some limited fame and popularity and I wonder if some of my event ideas have been spread and used elsewhere but whatever, don't really care anymore.

Then I got into Beast's Lair, a Type-Moon fan community and played Melty Blood and got into T-M stuff and met a bunch of new people whom I hang out with in a chatroom. And now we're making a game based on the Beast's Lair forums... although somewhat loosely and screwed up but whatever. The game isn't seeing any progress because I'm too lazy to sprite anything. And stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2007, 12:25 pm 
Lurker

Acmurphy wrote:
Shouldn't have a problem with them anymore. 8)

Nice! :D

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Then I got into Beast's Lair, a Type-Moon fan community and played Melty Blood and got into T-M stuff and met a bunch of new people whom I hang out with in a chatroom.

Melty Blood is pretty fun. I've only played Re-ACT on the PC, I haven't had the opportunity to play Act Cadenza. I like the fact that turtling is almost impossible, since the ability to double jump and dash (not one or the other) gives you crazy mix-up abilities. Likewise, once you start a change, you can jump cancel into ridiculous combos. I played Akiha mainly, although just playing the game using only your keyboard is pretty tough. I should really look into getting a converter to use an arcade stick on my PC and get into that game again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2007, 2:42 am 
Major Contributor

Imagine my surprise, I accidentally went to Animetric.com by mistake and noticed that it had already been sold. In any case, glad to see the forum up and running again.

And yes, I will soon reclaim my title of the #1 poster (as I did in the previous incarnation of this forum.) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2007, 1:43 pm 

There was some other attempt at making a new animetric forum, the link was down in the guestbook and I hung around there but nobody got whiff of it so it never took off.

Melty Blood ReAct has a netplay patch but its wonky over long distances. Theres gonna be an Act Cadenza ver.B PC port. Playable White Len = :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 28th, 2007, 5:05 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
spazmaster666 wrote:
Imagine my surprise, I accidentally went to Animetric.com by mistake and noticed that it had already been sold. In any case, glad to see the forum up and running again.

And yes, I will soon reclaim my title of the #1 poster (as I did in the previous incarnation of this forum.) :lol:

Indeed, there have been a number of incarnations of the Animetric forums, hopefully this one will stick around for a wee bit longer than the other ones. It may be redesigned and updated, but it shouldn't go away! Thats one of the nice things about having the forum fully under your control, rather than having another site host it and such. Plus I back-up the forum every week so if the host takes the site down or something dirty like that, I can always revive it somewhere else!

P.S., Good luck in overtaking me as the number one poster!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2007, 12:21 am 
Newcomer

spazmaster666 wrote:

you're on dude (I was close last time).
who else was high on that poster list last time? I remember storm shinobi, spazzmaster, animedude35, Zaxares, but thats about it.

(I shall be the #1 poster so spaketh Zap Rowsdower)

......I'm sorry what were we talking about again? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2007, 7:08 am 
Regular

Lone Outlaw (Rowsdower) wrote:
who else was high on that poster list last time? I remember storm shinobi, spazzmaster, animedude35, Zaxares, but thats about it.

I was actually on the high poster list? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 14th, 2007, 7:03 am 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I was part of the original generation.
:P

Oh, "OG" is "Original Generation"?
I was wondering what the thread might be about...

Since I'm "OG" I feel no need to put up an introduction in the respective thread area... not now at least. Once I make up a text I'll post it.

It's good to read so many "old" names around the forum, since I clearly cannot say "good to see old faces"... but well... I have contacted CK and CJed as well, being the only ones who's mail adress I have. I hope they return as well.

I haven't neen on any boards in the meanwhile... they all seemed kinda shallow... 8) Maybe not shallow, but it wasn't quite the same kinda feeling and I loved the Animetric board for the people who've always been hanging around in the old days. So, we might call this new era "ARS" - "After ReStart". Hm... I'm still bad at maths... what date is it today ARS? :D
(No word play intended!)

For those who knew a few of my personal details: I'm still a student... it sucks and drags along... but finally I have arrived at my Master's Thesis! Isn't that something, in the end, after... almost eight years? :oops:
Be it as it may... originally I was planning on writing something about Japanese and US war propaganda, was source material was quite scarce and expensively to come by, so I was "convinced" to choose something else with a better resource situation. I'm now doing research on the International Military Tribunal for the Far East and its realization on stage by Kinoshita Junji (1969).

Hell of a piece, reads like original protocols with a load of court vocabulary, all in all slightly more than 100 pages in (good enough) standard Japanese. But it's okay. All the bibliography I might need is stored in my professor's office, so I don't need to borrow or buy anything directly from Japan. Saves a whole lotta money which I don't have in the first place.

On the fun side I haven't had much time to watch much Anime.
Well, apart from what is shown in our Anime Club at university.
My personal downsides were "Zettai Shônen", "Ultimate Girl" and "Honey and Clover".
"Suzumiya Haruhi" was a good one, except that I did not like the changing of the time line to make a... what's it called... a "suspense curve"... or whatever. "Kashimashi" and "Earth Defense Family" were nice as well, to name just a few.
But I've had quite a career... I was made treasurer of the Club and one year after that, in January this year, I was elected president of the Anime Club. Yay me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15th, 2007, 6:07 am 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
"Honey and Clover".

The first series or the second?

In either case, I need to ask what your smoking with you because Honey and Clover is one of the best romantic comedies in recent years.

Oh and nice to see you again dude. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15th, 2007, 12:46 pm 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
"Honey and Clover"
The first series or the second?

Both. I was bored to tears! :cry:
The only good thing was this guy's trip by bike in order to find himself (or whatever you might call it).
That was a pretty cool element.

Oh, and, it' good to have you around as well. Let's have another "Religion" thread one day. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15th, 2007, 6:55 pm 
Lurker

Oh lawd, the religion thread... @_@

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 16th, 2007, 1:00 am 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Both. I was bored to tears! :cry:

We're fightin' later . . . :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2007, 2:35 pm 
Resident Scholar

By the way, I have tried to contact Cypher Khan via the various mail adresses he left in various forums since 2004... furthermore I think I have spotted Anime Master David Siudzinski, wrote an E-mail as well... and last but not least I tried to contact CJed via his guestbook... let's wait and seel

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2007, 5:25 am 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
furthermore I think I have spotted Anime Master David Siudzinski, wrote an E-mail as well...

Oh boy, AMDS returning . . . :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 23rd, 2007, 8:04 am 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
Oh boy, AMDS returning . . . :shock:

I received a mail from him yesterday evening, promising to return... :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next