Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The OG Thread
PostPosted: April 14th, 2007, 11:41 pm 
Lurker

A few days ago I was linked by a friend of mine to a site for an anime magazine, which in turn had a link to Anipike. I hadn't been to Anipike in years and it was the site which lead to my original discovery of Animetric so many years ago. That said, I decided to head to Animetric since I knew Ro was doing away with the site and I wanted to see if it was down yet or not. Imagine my surprise when I saw that not only was it still up, but it was updated and had a new forum!

Regardless, I thought maybe it would be a neat idea to make a thread to see who from the old Animetric crew was still lingering around. It's been awhile since the EZBoard days, that for sure. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2007, 5:33 am 

Yeah, some of the old animetric forum members are coming back since we have new content and becoming active again (me included) so it might take awhile since this site was inactive for like several months, especially when the board went down.

Hopefully it's gonna come back to normal, and many of the people who used to frequent this board will come again after checking on it =)

Nice to see you again =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2007, 5:56 pm 

Hummmmm okay so what you're saying is all us noobs, like me, don't matter worth a damn, thanks, moob moob weeep :cry: meanies! :cry:

But seriously I'm a nood to the forum, I admit it, and I understand its good to see familiar faces but if you don't get new people sooner or later the community is going to die. So show some apprication that noobs join instead of always talking about people that aren't here anymore! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2007, 7:21 pm 

I don't think we are trying to ignore the new people that join the forum, I mean we were all new people at one point or another, so it's no disrespect to you or anyone else for that matter. I welcome all new people as well as old members because that's we are basically starting from the beginning again, and like everyone else, we need a base. Sometimes it comes from old members, and sometimes it comes from all new people, or a combination of both. There's no disrespect to anyone, and I hope you don't see it that way.

It's all good, we all get along, and in no time, you become a vet on this board too adict =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 6:37 am 
Lurker

Man, I was kinda blown when Ro took down the forums like that, all those years ago. All those years of posting gone... =/ I know she had her reasons, and I'm not gonna begrudge her for it, but that really killed any real interest in forum posting for me.

Don't think I'll be posting much on the new boards, but I'll always be lurkin. :o You still use MSN btw, rurounijf?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 1:39 pm 

I was part of the original generation.
:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 9:42 pm 
Lurker

The Adict wrote:
Hummmmm okay so what you're saying is all us noobs, like me, don't matter worth a damn, thanks, moob moob weeep :cry: meanies! :cry:

But seriously I'm a nood to the forum, I admit it, and I understand its good to see familiar faces but if you don't get new people sooner or later the community is going to die. So show some apprication that noobs join instead of always talking about people that aren't here anymore! :evil:

Whoa, simmer down there, boss. Animedude pretty much covered my thoughts on the issue, but just to make certain everything is clear, I will reiterate: I didn't mean any sort of disrespect towards new members of the forum. Of course new members are essential for any sort of community (online or otherwise) to avoid stagnation. I simply meant the thread as a way for some of the old Animetric members to be able to post some thoughts on the forum, Animetric and it's change, reminisce, or whatever else.

Kesshi wrote:
Don't think I'll be posting much on the new boards, but I'll always be lurkin. You still use MSN btw, rurounijf?

I'm still on MSN occasionally. College has had a fairly negative impact on my Internet chatting time, but I still try to sign on whenever I'm writing papers, sitting at work, etc. I'll be on break for four months after another couple of weeks, so I'll probably be on constantly then (at least in the evenings.) My MSN information is in my profile if anyone wants to hit me up.

Kesshi wrote:
All those years of posting gone... =/ I know she had her reasons, and I'm not gonna begrudge her for it, but that really killed any real interest in forum posting for me.

I know exactlywhat you mean. It's really hard to find a forum like Animetric. On one hand, it was kind of small, which had a nice appeal since you actually got to know the members who posted. It was still really active, though, so there was always plenty to discuss. It really provided the best of bother worlds. I've used a few other forums since and while some of them are pretty cool, none of them has achieved that sort of balance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 18th, 2007, 9:50 am 

Guys it's okay, I was joking. And making a point but considering that I'm the only noob that posts on a regular basis, so it's fine,. Again I was just joking. I'm not really offended so everybody stop apologizing!!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 18th, 2007, 2:21 pm 
Lurker

So where did everyone go to live their digital lives in their time away from Animetric? I mainly used the forum at Shoryuken which I still frequent just about every day. Other than that I posted at a few places such as 1Up but in all honesty I hardly play video games very frequently so going there started to become pointless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2007, 7:38 pm 

Hmm....what was I doing meanwhile?....

Actually...I don't remember much what I did during that time....COD was also inactive so nothing much on the other boards...all I did was download and download stuff....cause I love downloading stuff...

Also chat with old members whenever I could...like Rj...Cypher...Shana...and who knows who else...

I did connect less and less during the week...now I just connect like twice a week... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2007, 7:50 pm 
Regular

Well, I've pretty much gotten myself addicted to Guild Wars, so I spend a fair amount of time in the Guild Wars Online fansite forum. Like several others here though, I spend much less time on the Net these days than I used to. (Curse you, bills and taxes!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2007, 7:57 pm 

Real life just got more important to me during these times. Also watched some anime, but now that school is back in session, it's hard for me to get any real time to do anything that I want =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2007, 8:55 pm 
Lurker

Zaxares wrote:
Well, I've pretty much gotten myself addicted to Guild Wars, so I spend a fair amount of time in the Guild Wars Online fansite forum. Like several others here though, I spend much less time on the Net these days than I used to. (Curse you, bills and taxes!)

Wow, how could I have forgotten my Counter-Strike addiction? After I came to college and actually had a solid network connection, I started playing Counter-Strike: Source and got completely hooked on it. I'm not the kind of person who would normally sacrifice work or my classes to play games, so instead I just started to sacrifice sleep. It got to the point where I would be going to class on two hours of sleep for the fourth day in a row, which was a serious problem. I actually forced myself to stop playing because of it. I've been "clean" for months now. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2007, 12:48 pm 
Lurker

I hope someone brings down the banhammer on this bot and the IP it's stemming from... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2007, 2:13 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Shouldn't have a problem with them anymore. 8)