Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 11th, 2017, 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Soundtracks you like
PostPosted: April 9th, 2007, 4:57 am 

I'd hate to start another generic, "What's your favorite xxxx", or a variant of such type, thread, but I'm not really sure what we should talk about in this forum.

So here are soundtracks I like:

Final Fantasy Tactics - I can't find a soundtrack that fit the game more. Absolutely brilliant piece from Hitoshi Sakimoto, who also created the FFXII sountrack.

FFIX - the last Nobuo Uematsu Final Fantasy Soundtrack. Again, fits the game perfectly. Brilliant.

Will add more later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2007, 12:19 am 
Lurker

I've loved nearly all the Final Fantasy piano collection soundtracks out so far. Especially enjoyed the FFX piano collection.

The Kare Kano soundtracks are a joy to listen to as well, with a healthy mixture of tracks that range from somber and slow to upbeat and simply delightful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2007, 4:09 pm 

I like .Hack/Sign and Cowdoy Beebob and few others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2007, 10:31 pm 

The Noir soundtrack is awesome, i love it, since 2003 its been one of my favorite albums to listen to.
I like a lot of the music from cowboy bebop as well, pretty awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2007, 7:25 pm 

Yeah the Noir soundtrack is great...I also like any soundtracks made by Nobuo Uematsu and Yokko Kanno....not to mention there are other talented composers as well...but those were the ones that got me into anime and videogame soundtracks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2007, 6:28 am 

The Adict wrote:
I like .Hack/Sign and Cowdoy Beebob and few others.

I liked the Cowboy Bebop movie's music. I've never gotten the chance to watch the series yet.

Yokko Kanno is a great artist. The Brain Powerd OST had some awesome tracks, even if the anime itself fell short.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2007, 8:49 pm 
Newcomer

.hack//SIGN is still the best thing I've listened to in anime tracks. The Oh My Goddess has some good songs, with one great acoutic guitar piece.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 23rd, 2007, 12:57 am 
Major Contributor

For games I've got a Zelda soundtrack for Ocarina of Time I really liked floating around here somewhere. I also really like the stuff Mary Elizabeth McGlynn sang (as Melissa Williamson) on the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack packed in with that game.

For anime, there are pieces from the soundtrack to Noir that I like (though I can't think of what they are off the top of my head). I'd consider buying the soundtrack for Naruto if I run across it, and if there's a way for me to get the soundtrack for Perfect Blue legally, I would.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2007, 9:23 pm 

anything composed by Yuki Kajiura is surefire to get me interested. right now though working my way through Minutes to Midnight to make up my mind about it.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2007, 12:34 pm 
Lurker

the Gladiator soundtrack is awesome, as is that of Lord of the Rings!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2007, 11:20 am 
Resident Scholar

I like many soundtracks, which are a major pillar of my CD collection.
For example yesterday I dug out "Tenchi forever" - "Love Song ga kikoeru" by Anri. Simply devine.

On a totally different front I like Klaus Doldinger's "Das Boot" soundtrack. A revelation.
I lost that CD almost 10 years ago and didn't find the occasion to rebuy it... there was always something coming up, mostly me forgetting all about it and/or having no money whenever I remembered, but it was given to me as a birthday present last month, which made me really happy.

"Full Metal Panic" has a great OST, like anything sung by Shimokawa Mikuni. I wouldn't want to miss "Tomorrow", "Karenai Hana" or "Sore ga Ai deshou".

The "Akira" OST is very good as well, and I'd like to recommend the version which has dialogues in it. Creates a really great atmosphere.

I could name many others... I like so many... :oops:
In general I tend to like songs, with vocals you know, BGM is mostly neglectable imho (except if there are dialogues, like in "Akira").

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2007, 11:08 pm 
Resident Scholar

'Morning.
The copy of the "Pretty Cure" soundtrack which I had ordered came in and I should say this is about the German version of the soundtrack. The German dub was very interesting with a lot of spontaneous and original gags in it instead of swallowing up the Japanese humor and leaving some gruesome literal translations or anything, so I thought I might like the German soundtrack, and I did. I think it's futile to go into details since most of you have either never seen "Pretty Cure" or you would never watch it anyway.

I'll just say that the opening and ending has the same melody as the Japanese original, whereas the rest was more or less made up. Bottom line is that what German producers think of as fitting for Anime has hardly changed since old "Pokemon" times. But that's not so bad, because it saves us from terrible Techno versions like we had with "SailorMoon"...
"You've got the power...
oomphoomphoomph...
use the energy of time and space...
oomphoomphoomph..."
:lol:

"Pretty Cure" lyrics are not much better, neither in German nor in Japanese, but it strikes me more in German since I understand all the nuances and stuff, whereas Japanese songs are just a pleasant background noise if I don't concentrate on it. Songs of Love and friendship, and stuff like
"If we don't stand together, Evil will prevail and plunge us into the darkness of the night..." 8)
But the melodies are very nice and the singers were well chosen. Good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 2:45 am 
Lurker

rory_okane wrote:
the Gladiator soundtrack is awesome

Wow. I like your taste :D

Music, one of the things I enjoy quite a bit about a lot of things. If I can't find good gameplay, I listen to the music. If the story sucks, I listen to the music. If the action is reaching awesomeness, I listen to the music. Well here's a few favorite soundtracks.

Gladiator - The main theme especially is what gets to me
Onimusha Warlords - The mixture of European strings as well as Asian instruments X___x. I have a thing for feudal music as well as battles.
Shinobi (PS2) - Yet again, it's probably the Asian instruments. The mixture of techno video game sounds + that eastern sound is awesome.
Devil May Cry 3 - Hell, they use that same song over and over, yet I can't get tired of that. A lot of the vocal tracks are pretty haunting and awesome too.
Angelic Layer - Had a very fitting soundtrack, and the ending themes I just fell in love with.
THE BEATMANIA IIDX SERIES - What can I say, I'm a music game lover. If you've heard a lot of the music I don't need to explain myself :?
Soul Calibur Series - See Onimusha Warlords

Yeah.

Post subject: Re: Soundtracks you like
PostPosted: August 26th, 2008, 6:19 pm 
Resident Scholar

A friend of mine was in Japan for the last three weeks, he returned Sunday and brought me a present.
Originally I had asked him to look out for two singles, if available, first "Samurai" by Rolly, and second "Hana no Katachi" by Arai Akino. Essentially these are the vocal music of "Chikyû Bôei Kazoku", aka. "Earth Defense Family", or simply "The Daichis".

The singles couldn't be found, sadly, but he brought with him the OST album. It contains the TV-size versions of the opening and ending songs, which is better than nothing, but I was surprised to learn that the BGM is not bad either. It has Blues and Jazz influences, lots of, well, surf guitar music, which I kinda like in this case, and stylistical similarities to western bands, like a bit of Led Zeppelin, some Van Halen, and Stone Temple Pilots, I guess. Interesting mix. Usually I find BGM rather boring.