Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Ancient Story of Animetric
PostPosted: May 31st, 2009, 11:55 am 
Lurker

Fresnokila wrote:
Actually thanks to my msn is that we got most of these guys back...ha...but some just say "oh I'll check it out when I can"..and just never do :shock:

So it's a good thing I actually decided to swing by after our chat earlier so I didn't become another one of "those guys", haha.

To keep in line with Animetric's "history", I started posting either when I was in middle school or early in high school, so that would be around 2000 or 2001 (or so I would estimate... it's been a long time and I don't feel like looking it up). When I joined, Animetric was actually still running back on the EZBoard forum software and after a little while made the switch over to PHPBB or whatever it was Ro decided to move to.

I want to say that was used for a year or so before Ro switched again to Invision. After that switch, the forum crashed for reasons unknown. Ro kept using the same forum software but had to start from scratch, which made everyone freak out since their post counts were reset. Then that was the system used until the situation with the link Acmurphy posted.

I just glanced through this thread pretty quickly, but another name of Animetric Legend was Seta Soujiro. His was a name I didn't see anyone mention. When I joined he was really active, though he only rarely posted even by the time Ro decided to stop running the site.

I think my favorite part of the "Golden Days" were the fighting game discussions we used to get going. IWishIWasSpike and I would always get into debates since he was a big Soul Calibur fan while I was into Virtua Fighter and Dead or Alive.

As for me, I'm obviously I'm still alive, though I don't really watch anime or even play video games anymore.

PostPosted: May 31st, 2009, 6:58 pm 
Resident Scholar

Lone Outlaw (Rowsdower) wrote:
I remember Storm_Shinobi, you, and 42317 (a number that can tell you many things).

You are right about that. 8)

Where'd you come from all of a sudden?
Just saying hello or staying for a while? :D

rurounijf wrote:
another name of Animetric Legend was Seta Soujiro. His was a name I didn't see anyone mention. When I joined he was really active, though he only rarely posted even by the time Ro decided to stop running the site.

I can't remember that name, honestly. It's a pity that the old member lists are not accessible. Tracking the username on the web is rather futile, "Seta Sôjirô" being a Rurôni Kenshin character with quite a few fansites...

rurounijf wrote:
As for me, I'm obviously I'm still alive, though I don't really watch anime or even play video games anymore.

What do you do then? :lol:

PostPosted: June 1st, 2009, 7:20 pm 
Lurker

42317 wrote:
I can't remember that name, honestly. It's a pity that the old member lists are not accessible. Tracking the username on the web is rather futile, "Seta Sôjirô" being a Rurôni Kenshin character with quite a few fansites...

Gah... it's so hard to remember since it was so long ago, but I would have to guess that he stopped showing up maybe a year or two before Ro stopped running the site. He was really active during the EZBoard days and continuing on into the PHPBB site (if that's what the next piece of forum software was before Invision... I can't remember.) As you said, though, searching for the username won't go anywhere since it'll just turn up the character. I'm sure another one of the super-OGs here will remember him.

42317 wrote:
What do you do then? :lol:

Mainly work. During my senior year of college I was holding down two different jobs while I was a full-time student. Now that I've graduated I started working full-time. In my free time I usually hang out at bars or restaurants with friends. Failing that I watch movies.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2009, 12:59 pm 
Resident Scholar

rurounijf wrote:
In my free time I usually hang out at bars or restaurants with friends. Failing that I watch movies.

Nice, friend times are good times.
But please drop in now and then. :wink:

PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 3:00 am 

Yea, I can't believe it's been so long, I remember when this board was really active, and there were lots of great discussions and threads, Coosh, Drow, Spaz, Cypher, DM, Fresno, DBD addict, cjed, Nate RFB, the Noir loving members: RK85, Dark One. AMDS and 42317 showed later on. Those are the ones that come to my head right away. But there were many many people here once, and they were very active.
There were always lots of fun stories and good threads.
Can't forget DBD addicts animetric comic, Fresno's photo manipulations, Spaz' philosophical remarks, great tutorials and shao lin), the anime character contests (I still have the images for the characters. made by DBD addict, Digital Masta, Dark One, and a few by myself :D ), hilarious debates between Coosh and Drow, and how to forget Cypher's deer blinded by the car lights expression!! whahaha. :)

PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 1:24 pm 

Quote:
Cypher's deer blinded by the car lights expression!! whahaha

Wow!!! :shock:

Totally forgot about that pic....where is jesus....I mean cypher during these days?

Oh...he's in Korea now it seems...bastard is traveling the world and I'm stuck here :ninja:

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2009, 5:10 pm 
Resident Scholar

wolfwood wrote:
Yea, I can't believe it's been so long, I remember when this board was really active, and there were lots of great discussions and threads...

I had a seminar about biased language in newspaper articles today... of course you didn't mean to but by interpreted comparison you are actually implying that the new Animetric forum is dull, boring, with a few rather mediocre discussions and threads. :lol2:

But it's true that we have not reached the critical mass again... I think we might need five more active participants (>1 posts/day) for comparable activities... which would mean between 10 and 20 semi-active people (<1 post/day)...
I'm optimistic time will see to that. I don't think that Rowena's forum had a jumping start from zero to hero in only one or two years.

wolfwood wrote:
the anime character contests (I still have the images for the characters. made by DBD addict, Digital Masta, Dark One, and a few by myself)

If you would remember the rules we could do that again.
On the other hand we might not be enough people to pull that off satisfactorily. Let me remind you of the short story contest that saw - woohoo! - 12 votes. :sigh:

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2009, 9:31 pm 

42317 wrote:
wolfwood wrote:
Yea, I can't believe it's been so long, I remember when this board was really active, and there were lots of great discussions and threads...

I had a seminar about biased language in newspaper articles today... of course you didn't mean to but by interpreted comparison you are actually implying that the new Animetric forum is dull, boring, with a few rather mediocre discussions and threads. :lol2:

But it's true that we have not reached the critical mass again... I think we might need five more active participants (>1 posts/day) for comparable activities... which would mean between 10 and 20 semi-active people (<1 post/day)...
I'm optimistic time will see to that. I don't think that Rowena's forum had a jumping start from zero to hero in only one or two years.

I should have emphasized it like this "Yea, I can't believe it's been so long, I remember when this board was really active, and there were lots of great discussions and threads.."
I'm just saying there were more active members back then, the current ones post quality comments as well. :)