Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 24th, 2017, 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AD35 and Sublyminal are gone
PostPosted: May 7th, 2008, 1:20 am 
Post Master

The last time those guys posted was nearly a whole year ago. I don't think they should be considered reviewers of animetric anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 7th, 2008, 1:52 am 
Major Contributor

It has been a long time. A year next month for Sub. I wouldn't call it a year for AD35 as his last post was late enough in August that maybe it could be written off as AD35 being too preoccupied with school to be bothered. But even then...to go that long without posting something? Even Rowena pokes her head in once in a blue moon, even if it is only to make sure we know she's well...
:|

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 7th, 2008, 8:09 am 
Resident Scholar

Man, that topic sounds blunt. "... are gone"!
I thought you were about to spread the news they were, like, six feet under or something... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 7th, 2008, 5:41 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
I still talk to Sub and AD35. They sometimes drop by the mods area from time to time.

Josh (Sub) finally finished up his college work about the same time he stopped posting. He's now the chief engineer at the company he works for, so he has been rather busy (especially with his fiance and all).

Tony (AD35) is in the later years of his schooling, so he has been having to do a lot of intensive stuff (like teaching high school classes).

I'd like to hold out the hope that either or both will find the time to come back and resume being regulars, if not reviewers, but for the moment considering them reviewers at Animetric may not be the most correct statement, but it isn't hurting anything either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 8th, 2008, 7:07 pm 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
I'd like to hold out the hope that either or both will find the time to come back and resume being regulars, if not reviewers

I wish they'd be around more often, too. Not that I needed them for something concrete, but I remember them being nice guys and good contributers. But... being out of college and having a job with a certain amount of responsibility... that's like starting a whole new life. No: it IS starting a whole new life.

According to my experiences such people disappear, more or less silently. A simple shift in priorities. Only a lucky few can maintain old hobbies, like Rowena did for quite a few years. I dunno about cjed, but I think he's already the exception from the exception - that guy is so old (sorry cjed, I don't mean to be rude) he has probably picked up Anime and Manga as a hobby after that important college/work transition.

From college to work and from bachelors to spouses are the most decisive phases in life. I have lost quite a number of people in my environment because they graduated, got jobs, married, moved to a distant town, and were so busy with their new life that even letters and E-Mails couldn't be maintained.

Sorry for being sentimental. I love my friends like my own family and it hurts to see the distance grow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2008, 2:40 am 
Post Master

Luckily I manage to balance school and my work and still have some time to watch anime/post around.

Post subject: Re: AD35 and Sublyminal are gone
PostPosted: June 5th, 2008, 5:02 am 

Wow people still remember me? haha.

Well I have to say, life gets pretty hard when real life comes at you really fast. It's true that I don't really have time to review anymore so I've pretty much given up those rights, but hopefully spaz and aaron can take care of that. As for me, I've just finished college and am now looking for a job to support my parents and family (becoming a teacher actually) and I haven't watched anime on a regular basis as I used to.

Since I'm done, hopefully I'll still be around to help this site out in any way.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2008, 11:25 am 
Resident Scholar

Animedude35 wrote:
now looking for a job to support my parents and family (becoming a teacher actually)

Good luck with your career. I'm rather anxious about what will be next year...

PostPosted: June 5th, 2008, 8:28 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Hey AD35, great to see you around the forums again! Must be nice finally getting out of school. I'm getting pretty tired of it at this point, so many years! Good luck with the teaching gig, it should be pretty good once you land a job. What are you going to teach again? History?

And hopefully you'll be able to stick around on the fourms for a while, and hang out with us bros :D