Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: US 2008 Presidential Election
PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 12:17 am 

Zaxares wrote:
Restrict all people across the world to having only 1 child per family. You are permitted to have a second child if the first one dies of natural causes. (Incidentally, abortion is banned because it's a medical procedure. :P) If you break this law, you and your entire family are executed.

This sounds somewhat like the law China used to have to control population. Except for the fact that your entire family wouldn't be executed. I think the only problem China had with this issue is they were killing off baby girls and keeping the boys so then there was an overpopulation of boys with an underpopulation of girls.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 2:29 am 

Zaxares wrote:
1. All medical technology is banned. Even the rich or priviledged will not get any assistance. If you get sick or injured, you'd better damn well get better on your own. Survival of the fittest!

2. Restrict all people across the world to having only 1 child per family. You are permitted to have a second child if the first one dies of natural causes. (Incidentally, abortion is banned because it's a medical procedure. :P) If you break this law, you and your entire family are executed.

Damn. I would have died twice so far. Once for having three kids and once for having pancreatitis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_pancreatitis. When you can't even keep water down, it is quite probable to die of dehydration.

Zaxares wrote:
3. All 'flawed' humans are executed. Anyone with a disability, whether physical or mental, and unable to support themselves in society is deemed to be a liability and 'removed'.

Ah. But who will be doing the definitions? Mentally retarded people can dig graves, sort trash and work at McDonalds. The typical teenager is unwilling to do that and would rather sit at home and play videogames (hell, toss me into this category too). Which one will be deemed as flawed and then executed? :twisted:

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 2:57 am 

PunkDaddy wrote:
Damn. I would have died twice so far. Once for having three kids and once for having pancreatitis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_pancreatitis.

Oh wow, but are you doing ok now?

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 4:44 am 
Regular

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
This sounds somewhat like the law China used to have to control population. Except for the fact that your entire family wouldn't be executed. I think the only problem China had with this issue is they were killing off baby girls and keeping the boys so then there was an overpopulation of boys with an underpopulation of girls.

Yes, and this is a common problem in India too. Hence why if I become Supreme Overlord of Earth, if I'm implementing these rules, abortion is banned to prevent such actions, and any death of a child following birth is murder (and is punishable by death. :P)

PunkDaddy wrote:
Ah. But who will be doing the definitions? Mentally retarded people can dig graves, sort trash and work at McDonalds. The typical teenager is unwilling to do that and would rather sit at home and play videogames (hell, toss me into this category too). Which one will be deemed as flawed and then executed? :twisted:

If they are capable of holding down a job and earning a wage, then they can support themselves and contribute to society and are allowed to live. Even somebody who was a quadriplegic, if they could somehow still contribute to society by, say, teaching, like Stephen Hawking, would be allowed to live.

There is no state welfare in my Evil Empire. If you don't work, you STARVE. :twisted:

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 10:42 am 
Resident Scholar

Reading Zaxares' latest post I have come to the opinion that we should stop the discussion about abortion and related ethics NOW.
This will get ugly.
It already is.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 10:55 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
42317 wrote:
Reading Zaxares' latest post I have come to the opinion that we should stop the discussion about abortion and related ethics NOW.
This will get ugly.
It already is.

I agree, the election is over and there's no need to discuss about this anymore. Plus, 42317 is right, it's gonna get ugly. I'm looking forward to have this locked.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 11:37 am 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
I'm looking forward to have this locked.

It doesn't have to be locked. Not yet, so let's draw the line right here.
I want to see this thread open for opinions on Prez Obama after his first 100 days in office.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 1:12 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
42317 wrote:
Gojira wrote:
I'm looking forward to have this locked.

It doesn't have to be locked. Not yet, so let's draw the line right here.
I want to see this thread open for opinions on Prez Obama after his first 100 days in office.

OK then, this thread should be left open, as long as if it's on topic and stays that way.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 1:36 pm 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
OK then, this thread should be left open, as long as if it's on topic and stays that way.

Sir! Yes, Sir!

:lol:

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 7:41 pm 
Regular

42317 wrote:
This will get ugly.
It already is.

I had thought my last post was far more tongue in cheek than my initial one, but fair enough. 8) I also don't really wish to upset other people. This place is supposed to be a place for all of us to relax and enjoy and forget life's troubles. Let's move on to other topics then.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2008, 6:51 pm 
Resident Scholar

42317 wrote:

I was actually referring to his post before his latest. I was so shocked I missed the next page.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Still, Zaxares, should you become the Supreme Evil Overlord and initiate such a program as you described I will gladly join an armed resistance group.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 6:23 am 
Resident Scholar

... and a hundred days have passed.
What do you think so far? Do you actually feel any changes?
Is there a silver lining on the horizon or is Obama the Antichrist? :lol:

PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 6:50 am 

42317 wrote:
... and a hundred days have passed.
What do you think so far? Do you actually feel any changes?
Is there a silver lining on the horizon or is Obama the Antichrist? :lol:

From what I read he's become a sexual icon. Why oh why not me?

PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 3:39 pm 

I was expecting him to heal the sick and part the waters during his first day. :roll:

Nothing has changed for me, as of right now. I am sure in some way his actions will indirectly change my life sometime during his President term though.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 12:46 am 

Personally, there has been no impact.
It seems like the world has a better view of America with his face representing our country. That's never a bad thing. It seems like he's taking a hard-line stance with Detroit, and I believe that's overdue. Not sure what he's doing with finance. I dislike letting ex-members of Finance decide how to best help their friends. Seems like a conflict of interest.

Most likely we won't have any real impact until this fall once more of the programs have kicked in. That is, of course, unless one lives in Washington (government), Detroit (auto makers) or works in finance. However, I don't know anyone directly influenced by his policies yet.

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next