Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who are you? Get to know your fellow forum members . . .
PostPosted: December 11th, 2009, 10:13 pm 
Regular

42317 wrote:
Even idle threats are against forum policy... you know, mutual respect and keeping it civil and stuff...
we all know you are right about that, it is just such a small group here that i figured it would never get out of hand.

42317 wrote:
You are all witnesses - last time he snapped and regained his senses I clearly said that he could freely PM me if he had a problem with anything I said, we could talk it over. He ignored that and exploded just like that into the open. What more could I have done?
nothing outside of normal character. coddling people is not something you would do.

42317 wrote:
... and someone will sink a fist into his face. Maybe the "learning by pain" approach will help. I've been thinking about the matter for a while and I'm out of ideas.
or maybe he picks fights where he is the one throwing the punches...

42317 wrote:
I'm rather convinced he's suffering from a... mental condition... I dunno how to properly put it. He swings back and forth from being a really cool guy to a possessed berserker with no whatsoever control over his emotions. That guy needs professional help and no amount of good conversation in a forum like ours can help him.
Unless you know what caused this latest outbreak. What was it that flipped the switch? Maybe I'm dumb and blind, but I do not know, if you know, spit it out. He's acting irrationally, he doesn't need a reason. He'll get into this mood and a reason to go on a rampage will just pop up in his head. That is what I believe. If you can point out rationally a reason where I have failed in my understanding of mutual respect with respect to G-Core, anything that explains this outburst of verbal injury, do it.
i am going to take a big guess but i think he simply does not have that many friends. or if he does have many friends then they are complete suck-ups... :( he is looking for validation. perhaps you have validated him before so he looks up to you. so when you make comments about his "modeling" or anything negative to him "being nice" he will lash back. overly sensitive is what i see. he simply cannot take a joke at his expense. i do not know where he received such a huge ego, but it could be from the incessant compliments received from his friends and/or family.

i cannot say which comment exactly threw him to the breaking point, as your personality will continually add. Top gun comment, bored zombie comment, it does not matter. the point is that he cannot take your personality.

i know you and spazmaster always play devil's advocate and are quick with the witty comments, so i expect it and actually enjoy it. for someone sensitive it has quite the opposite effect.

42317 wrote:
I'd like you all to pay attention to this particular point: friendship.
Strictly speaking he's making things up. I have never, not even once, mentioned or claimed that I was his friend, buddy, pal. Yes, I like him, kind of, because he's a guy with a personality, I generally like strange people, and I believe that noone should be left behind... but I do not know how he gained the impression that we had a special sort of relationship.
I like him as much as anyone of the rest of you, not less - and not more. I like to think that I am on friendly terms with all or most, hopefully, Animetric members, but friendship, imho, is something that goes beyond sharing a hobby and hanging out at the same place.
Sorry for being reserved like that... I don't want anybody to feel rejected or anything. It's just the way I feel.
we all define friendship differently. i think he considers someone he talks to as a friend.

42317 wrote:
For some reason G-Core has chosen me for two extremes - when he's in a good mood I'm someone that he looks up to (I can prove this statement), and when he's in a bad mood he hates my guts, saying I was treating him badly, allegedly kicking him when he was already down. And I'm sitting there, taken by surprise, and have no idea what he's talking about.
This guy needs help, and the help he needs is beyond our skill.
hence, my comments about your sensitivity. he is overly sensitive, you are insensitive. this is not a take down on either one of you, it just means that i would handle the both of you different. if you put up pictures of you modeling i would make fun and you will most likely laugh along. if he put up pictures of modeling i would not say anything. maybe i guess i could tell him about my experiences with models and tell him that i doubt he could handle the attitude, but that would not be nice, right? the models i know are the most critical people i know and can handle anything that is thrown at them.

42317 wrote:
You obviously believe I was made of stone. :cry:
In fact, such breaches of harmony throw me into crises and I have to reflect on myself, pondering what I did wrong... I am not of the sort that looks at other people when seeking reasons for situations like this. Was he angered by my "Top Gun oddity zoo" remark? Meant as a teasing joke, of course (I will always be me), but if that was the reason it'd be pretty clear that he has to be touched with silk gloves... or not at all, to make sure... but his lack of argumentational structure clearly points at a contemporary loss of common sense and rationality.
it is all relative. i like how you do not tip toe around people, that is something that i admire. of course you are not made of stone, geeze, you watch drama anime!

PostPosted: December 12th, 2009, 5:52 pm 
Resident Scholar

dbd_addict wrote:
coddling people is not something you would do.

I guess not... :sweat:
Years ago a friend told me I was especially good at smashing people's dreams by putting them in a realistic light... and that he didn't know whether I was a gifted counsellor or a lunatic. Things haven't changed much since then. :whistle:

dbd_addict wrote:
he is looking for validation. perhaps you have validated him before so he looks up to you.

Interesting thought. Actually, making such remearks is a way, my way, of showing that I accept someone as an equal. I'm more careful with people who I perceive as superior or inferior. Unless they tread on me.

dbd_addict wrote:
if you put up pictures of you modeling i would make fun and you will most likely laugh along.

I'd call that a correct extrapolation of facts. :lol2:

dbd_addict wrote:
if he put up pictures of modeling i would not say anything.

Actually, it never crossed my mind that he was serious about those pictures. :oops:

dbd_addict wrote:
of course you are not made of stone, geeze, you watch drama anime!

Ahahaha... :sweat: good thing we got that cleared. 8)

PostPosted: December 13th, 2009, 9:15 am 
Major Contributor

Hi everybody.

This past week has been one for the record books, for sure. To start things off, yeah i did check out what people said when i was suspended. I think for the most part, people are right in their observations. While i do not think i have a mental illness or anything like that, i am aware of the sad but true fact that when i snap, i become so filled with blind rage that i don't care who i hurt in the process nor do i listen to the ones trying to calm me down at those moments.

To one who asked, i don't have many friends in my real life. As far as school friends goes, i lost contact with all of them. My friends pretty much consist of the workers from different stores in the local shopping mall and the barbers from the barbershop i nowadays get my haircut at. The common thread between all of them is that we can talk because of our similar interests. My barber friends are huge boxing and action flick fans so our conversations usually entail those two topics. While at the mall, talking about movies and music is a hot topic (no pun intended) among my friends who work at the Hot Topic store.

In a way, i am glad that i had to go through the suspension in order to cool down, interact with other people throughout the internet that i have similar interests with, and think about all the bad things i said. While i know that me and 42317 are definitely different people, i should never have gotten so mad at him over something so trivial. Getting THAT mad really turned me into a person i don't like. You ask anybody who knows me in my day to day real life and they'll tell you, that's not the real "me". I accept that i get way too sensitive over criticism and that was the key factor in what happened. I would say that it was the "Zombie" comment and what made me snap after i put the Voodoo & Serano video was that i felt as though even when i tried to bring to the table something i was sure he'd like instead, he did acknowledge that he liked it but it still came with one criticism. I felt at the time that there was simply no pleasing him even when trying to give him something he was sure to like and that was what really sent me off the edge...

I apologize to every single one of you and that does include him as well as everybody who tried to diffuse the situation. As one member said, i have to stop acting like a child, and i acknowledge that as well as try my best to actually apply it to not only my internet time but also my real life. In retrospect, i do feel the incident was my fault because i failed to take somebody's comments in good humor and if i could do right again, i would. I know at this rate, it's gonna take more than saying "I'm sorry" to set things right but just tell me what to do to redeem myself not only in your eyes but in mine as well and i'll do it.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2009, 2:59 pm 
Regular

what to do you ask?

unless the person is someone you love or someone paying you, stop worrying about pleasing everyone.
make yourself happy. do what you enjoy doing and people will gravitate to you.

about the "real me". in fact, i believe that the way people act on the internet is more a true version of themselves because we do not have to worry about the social rules. granted if people choose not to be anonymous then it is different since you will be "different" (read socially bound) in person.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2009, 3:44 pm 
Major Contributor

dbd_addict wrote:
what to do you ask?

unless the person is someone you love or someone paying you, stop worrying about pleasing everyone.
make yourself happy. do what you enjoy doing and people will gravitate to you.

about the "real me". in fact, i believe that the way people act on the internet is more a true version of themselves because we do not have to worry about the social rules. granted if people choose not to be anonymous then it is different since you will be "different" (read socially bound) in person.

I guess that's one of my double edged sword qualities of mine in that i always wish to please everyone, whether it be my closest acquaintances or my family. Sometimes everybody is happy and sometimes we come out of it fighting...

Your opinion about the internet representing the "real me" is a valid point IYO, however i just don't believe in that notion. Like it has been said, people say things they think they mean when they're arguing but just because you said it doesn't mean you're really gonna do it. If i actually killed someone, i would feel terrible about it. Terrible over the fact that i ended a life, and terrible because i knew that i was smarter than that. I'd feel like my life truly was over in that moment and the only way to go from there is either prison or the chair. After that, only Hell would await me and i do not wanna go to Hell.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2009, 7:02 pm 
Resident Scholar

dbd_addict wrote:
i believe that the way people act on the internet is more a true version of themselves because we do not have to worry about the social rules.

Good point, I like it. Create a situation in which the usual rules do not apply and people will show you what they're like inside.
Yet, I do not believe this applies to G-Core, because I won't believe he's a bastard at heart. I'll stick to my "contemporarily losing control for psycho-pathological reasons" theory.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2009, 7:24 am 
Regular

G-Core wrote:
Your opinion about the internet representing the "real me" is a valid point IYO, however i just don't believe in that notion. Like it has been said, people say things they think they mean when they're arguing but just because you said it doesn't mean you're really gonna do it.
all that says is that you will threaten people and act tough. whether you follow through remains to be known. besides i am just talking about a person's personality and being a killer is not a personality.

there is so much more to know about someone than just taking their statements literally.

42317 wrote:
Good point, I like it. Create a situation in which the usual rules do not apply and people will show you what they're like inside.
Yet, I do not believe this applies to G-Core, because I won't believe he's a bastard at heart. I'll stick to my "contemporarily losing control for psycho-pathological reasons" theory.
it still applies since it would just be you labeling him as a bastard. as did i, call you an insensitive robot with only knowing very little about you. all i saw was a sensitive guy who lost his temper and spouted words. and another guy being indifferent. i would think to be a bastard would require action. he wanted you to acknowledge him, that is all.

i still believe that people's online personalities are true. if they are very different in real life, then that is a front.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2009, 10:00 am 
Resident Scholar

dbd_addict wrote:
all i saw was a sensitive guy who lost his temper and spouted words. and another guy being indifferent.

Well, I often get this I admit. I was trying to be reasonable. In order to be reasonable you need to remain calm. And I mentioned elsewhere that my ability to remain calm in stressfull situations leads some people to the opinion that I was emotionally dead - or robotic, if you like.
Gee, it's no use getting all aroused, especially if de-escalation is the thing to do. Getting agitated hampers reason and eventually you might say something really stupid, which should be avoided if another person involved already is in an unstable state.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2010, 3:45 pm 
Major Contributor

Recently, i'm getting more comfortable just being blunt and saying what i feel at the moment in a message board. Regardless if it gets good feedback or not, either my experiences at a site called Rangercrew have helped me in that regard, maybe 42317's honesty is rubbing off on me, maybe it's both. Either way, i'm happy as a kid in a candy store when it comes to saying what i want. :booyah:

PostPosted: January 9th, 2010, 4:55 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
i'm happy as a kid in a candy store when it comes to saying what i want. :booyah:

Good. I'm glad you're feeling okay.

Imho, there's only one simple rule in human interaction:
Anybody's freedom ends where someone else's begins.

The rule is so simple it could actually replace the Ten Commandments.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2010, 4:57 pm 
Major Contributor

Thanks for the advice! :D

PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 3:55 pm 

The other day I was talking with a handful of my closest female friends. The conversation suddenly shifted (they did) towards what we thought about our group of friends, each one individually, it was rather awkward for me, first because I was the only guy at the moment and they expected me to answer each question thoroughly and sincerely. And second, because I knew they would all be focusing on my answers.

I learned they all concurred that one of my best traits is that I have "a mysterious aura" which makes me interesting, I was surprised by this I've never tried to convey such image. Also, according to them, when I talk, my answers and explanations tend to detail the little things creatively, circling around the answer a couple of times before getting to heart of the matter. I would think of that as a little on the annoying side but I'm glad they like it :sweat:

They also think I'm a funny guy, unpredictable at times and with good advice. One of them said that I tended to scold her a lot... and she is right, I get annoyed when people start talking about someone else, criticizing, or giving them an awful look, so I let them know how wrong it is...

They criticized the fact that sometimes they don't know whether I'm talking seriously or just joking, I do realize I'm not very serious, nor are most of my other male friends; we are always playing pranks or joking around.
They said they felt I tend to be rather secretive, which I suppose it’s true I just don’t feel comfortable talking about my private life and I do try to solve any problems that may come by without letting any friends know; which does not mean I don’t trust my friends, because I do.

Yea, that went all pretty well, but when they demanded me to tell them what I found interesting about them I had a really hard time. I've always thought my friends complemented me well, that they had certain traits I lacked, which drew me towards them. But I wasn’t able to explain it in that way at that moment. I tried to highlight the artistic side of one, the wit of another, but then I wasn’t able to think of anything else, and even resorted to tell one of them she was funny, that was pathetic. I couldn’t come up with something better. I quickly had to take the conversation somewhere else, they noticed and got annoyed that I either did not want to be honest or actually didn’t think they were interesting.
“So, what do you think is it that makes me interesting?!!” That’s quite a tough question to be asked… especially if they are expecting an answer that will let them know something they didn’t about themselves!!

Yea, the conversation went on, not without being massacred about previous relationships, and asking me which girl of my group of friends I liked. I lied of course and said I wasn’t interested in any of them. But the only reason they asked was because they knew about my crush on one of them (not present at the moment) and wanted to force me to admit it. I never gave in of course but they were completely right.
-Girls can be scary.-

PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 8:44 pm 
Major Contributor

IDK if it's my hormones not having completed their full cycle yet, but in terms of romance, i feel i'm at a point right now that i feel loved by those i know, family and friends alike, that i don't need my love reciprocated in a romantic way any time soon.

I'm comfortable with myself just being by myself, i have good days and bad days but i feel that i don't need to share any of that with someone else for the moment. As for what i do like in terms of relationships, i'm still a bit bicurious if not officially bisexual. I would definitely feel comfortable loving a woman as much as i would feel being loved by a man. I think that takes true courage to say so freely but if i am more interested in my own gender, certain people in the family would have to know in a more slow pace due to their preconceived notions.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 3:34 pm 
Regular

Nice post Wolfwood. Thanks for sharing.

I do not ever remember having a conversation like you had. Probably because most girls that know me already know what I think of them. They definitely wanted to know which one has a chance to get you.... haha.

I know you are not asking nor wanting advice but due to my character flaw, I will tell you anyway. Tell the girl you have a crush on her. Unless of course the crush is due to your ethics.

G-Core wrote:
As for what i do like in terms of relationships, i'm still a bit bicurious if not officially bisexual. I would definitely feel comfortable loving a woman as much as i would feel being loved by a man. I think that takes true courage to say so freely but if i am more interested in my own gender, certain people in the family would have to know in a more slow pace due to their preconceived notions.
Ah, the bisexual camp. I have no idea if this is an "in" thing but in the past 5 years I have met many bisexuals. In my opinion I will generalize and just say, "make up your mind! you insecure nymphomaniac".

Have you met any ladyboys? I think they will definitely clear up any doubts. When my friend found out I was going to Thailand she wanted me to find a ladyboy that I found pretty enough to date and take a picture with me wearing a red shirt and me giving the 'thumbsup'. I told her that was a tall order but if happens, "why not". Running around in Bangkok with a French guy I met trying to help him find a blonde girl (yeah, "what the f.ck is he doing in bangkok?", you ask. I asked him the very same question) did not help with the quest my friend gave me. Then sure enough I left the craziness called Bangkok and went north and ran into a "girl" who I thought was a girl. Got the pictures (sans red shirt, as the girls at my hotel would not allow me to go out with one), asked her out on a date and yadda yadda yadda I still only like girls.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 4:03 pm 
Major Contributor

The "insecure nymphomaniac" comment was funny! :lol:

As for my preference in terms of my own gender, i'm not too fond of ladyboys. In fact, i would say that i've always liked masculine types. I also seem to have a certain favoritism to shaved bald black men. That's what is usually presented in my opinion as the dream guy in terms of looks. If i met this type of man and if our personalities complement the other well then i think that would be the beginning of a beautiful friendship/relationship.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next