Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: The Anything Goes Thread . . .
PostPosted: June 24th, 2007, 2:16 am 
Major Contributor

Well I remember a thread like this existing in the previous version of this forum. Basically this thread was the place to discuss any random thing that comes into your mind or you happen to see floating around in the internet. Of course, let's keep things appropriate. ;) Have fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2007, 2:02 pm 
Resident Scholar

I wasn't jarred or cupped, no, yesterday I was mugged.
Okay, it's not completely true. I wrote that sentence for the wordplays.
It's more correct to say that I was physically attacked. By a rather drunk subject of probably Russian ethnicity.

I was standing at the bus stop in front of the station, in the afternoon in bright daylight, with my girlfriend, when this person came lurching across the street. He stopped in front of me, close enough for a whispered talk, and said something I could not understand (and I am of the opinion that he was testing whether I was Russian or not). "You German or what?" he asked, I said "Yes. So what?" and then he gave me two punches in the stomach. Not hard, just teasing me. I'm a calm person, so I proposed he should go home and sleep. "I shall go home you say?" and then he made a quick movement with his right arm. Thinking he'd hit my stomach again I placed my defense at the wrong place - he struck me right in the face, lower jaw, and my lip burst open.

I spit out the blood and asked him whether he was nuts or something and then he started teasing me into attacking him, offending me in various ways, saying nasty things about me, about my girlfriend and about my mother. I told my girlfriend to call the police, sent her to a safer distance, and to keep him busy and at distance I threw a punch at him that hit him at the throat, but I missed his larynx (which would have taken him out immediately). He didn't try to dodge or anything. His reflexes were quite bad, as it seemed, or the alcohol had made him think he was invincible or something.

Next thing he does is fraternize with some other youths of foreign descent, telling them I wanted Hitler back and such stuff. I did not comment on that since it was obviously pointless. The youths found all that pretty funny. "Hey, a round of DragonBall!" said one of them. Just a black kid said he'd better stop. Well, it was in vain, but at least he had the courage to say something like that. The others just watched. Along with about a dozen other people.
So we danced around the place for a few minutes during which he went on bragging about his courage and my whimsical keeping a good distance of a few steps. He was so fired up he even beat two of the youths. Just as hard as my stomach, but obviously hard enough to forfeit their sympathies. I was quite amused about that.

Then the cops arrived, I pointed at him and they took him into custody, after enough of a resistance to make up for a further charge. I was questioned along with some witnesses, one of them a 13yo boy who asked whether I wanted a tissue, so I said "Yeah, that wouldn't be half bad..." and he answered "Oh, I don't have any with me right now." Gave me a good laugh. A busdriver gave me some and the police took pictures of my mouth before they sent me to hospital so the doctor could check my jaw, teeth and lower lip. It's all still in place, I'm just having a hard time opening my mouth for bigger bites of food and chewing on the left side since my jaw's tendon was a bit strained in the ordeal.

This was an attack just for the fun of it. He never asked for my wallet or my cellphone or anything.
Just hit me and asked for more (which I refused him).
I have never had a serious fight before, so I could never imagine how I would react.
I reacted defensively, took a serious and a minor blow without budging and still kept my cool. Well, what's "cool"? I mean I was not feeling enraged or anything. No fear and no pain also. I just felt very alert due to the adrenaline. As negative an incident as it was, I have to say it was interesting in a way, to see my own reaction.

The witness bus driver asked me why I didn't just take him out and I could only say: "That's not my thing...", that's not my way of doing things. I guess things would have been different if this had been at night, if he had had any friends with him, if he had been armed, if the cops wouldn't have come so soon - or if he had seriously attacked my girlfriend. It could have become really ugly. I refuse to think about such a worst case scenario... it's all good now.
It doesn't even bother me that all the bystanders didn't act in any way. Most people are scared in such moments, they look the other way hoping they won't be harmed themselves. Plus I don't look like someone who'd need help in a situation like that. You see, I'm what people call "a big guy", I'm six foot tall with about 190 pounds. Nobody attacks me just like that, except for this particular guy was drunk. Or stoned. I can't tell. I can take a punch as it seems, empirically proven.
Alas... I'll be going to the police station this week to have my statement filed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2007, 8:57 pm 
Regular

Wow, sounds like you've had quite the experience. :shock: It's good to know that you handled the situation very calmly and professionally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2007, 11:56 pm 
Major Contributor

Yeah, not sure if I would have been so restrained . . . :? . . . then again I don't have a girlfriend . . . :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2007, 8:09 am 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
Yeah, not sure if I would have been so restrained

But you're a martial artist - Kung Fu training includes a high level of self control, does it not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2007, 4:25 pm 

just cause something includes something doesn't mean everyone follows it. well done though, i don't know that many people who could keep their cool in that situation.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2007, 7:08 pm 
Regular

Sorry to hear about that 42317, I'm glad you handled that wisely.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 19th, 2007, 7:24 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
That is quite the experience you had there 42317. It is really odd that it happened in the middle of the day, one would have assumed it would have happened at night, when people are typically drunk. Guy must not have been having a good day, sadly he decided to expand his sour day onto yours.

What did your GF say about the incident when it was all said and done?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2007, 5:57 am 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:

Uh, close to tears, something like "Oh my god, I was so afraid...", something like that,
and I said "Don't cry, it's my face that hurts!" :D
We didn't have any deeper discussion about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 21st, 2007, 5:30 am 
Resident Admin

42317 wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:

and I said "Don't cry, it's my face that hurts!" :D

:lol:

I was just wondering what her reaction to the whole incident was since you didn't really say anything about it. It was about what one would have expected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 21st, 2007, 2:00 pm 

There is a squirrel living in the walls of my apartment.

:o Doesn't get more random then that.

But seriously he is living in the wall. The maintenance people called animal control and they set a trap and closed off where he was getting in at. Well either they closed the hole and he was still in there, or he is getting in through somewhere else.

I am going to wait till Monday if since he might just be in the wall waiting to die. :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2007, 10:45 am 
Resident Admin

Well, at least the squirrel isn't living inside you apartment! That could really cause you some problems :lol:

How'd you figure out a squirrel was living in your walls? Heard him running around or making some type of noises? Would be a rather odd occurrence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2007, 8:57 pm 

We heard sounds like an animal crawling. At first we thought it was the neighbor's dog walking on the bathroom tile, but after a week it got louder and sounded more like in the wall.

Its still in there but sometimes it either goes to another wall or sleeps because at times we don't hear a single sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2007, 5:31 am 
Regular

Are you sure it's a squirrel? It might be a rat (who are, usually, way better than squirrels at getting into walls).

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2007, 5:31 pm 

Thought about that. But we saw the squirrel going into the wall(outside from an opening) and he was a big boy. I mean very big. So now I guess we wait for him to die. :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next