Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I figured I'd help those interested in spending a summer JPN
PostPosted: November 8th, 2007, 4:29 am 
Newcomer

So this past summer of mine was spent in Japan as a part of the "Guy Healy USA Summer Camp Program"

Basically it's a camp where they send you over to Japan to teach English to Japanese (and in my case one time Korean) students.

A little something about this camp...

Now it's not in a classroom setting at all it's very informal. Now its volunteer so no pay BUT they do pay for pretty much everything, including your airfare. You pretty much do about 9 camp sessions (each session is USUALLY 3-day 2 nights (I had one 6 day 5 night camp)) and you have 3 homestay sessions through the course of this as well, so you can get your "Japanese experience"

The camp is actually teamed up with JTB (Japan Travel Bureau) which allowed for the camp to go nationwide. I was in the Tokyo Area (all my camps were 2-4+ hours away from Tokyo) but other teams are in other locations.

anyway...here's the link

http://camp.guyhealyjapan.com/

I did the camp because I'm currently in the process of applying for the JET program so I figured it would look really nice. Plus it was a free trip to Japan which allowed me to go to Nagasaki once the camp was finished and hang out with friends I made while studying abroad last year.

I figured I wouldn't get into the nitty, gritty details yet...the stuff they don't tell you on the website (I dunno maybe they do now) and you end up finding out about if after you get there.

Oh and as far as Japanese is concerned, I was one of three people on my team who'd ever studied Japanese.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 8th, 2007, 11:33 am 
Regular

I wish they had those in Brazil T_T

Post subject: Re: I figured I'd help those interested in spending a summer JPN
PostPosted: September 24th, 2008, 7:21 am 
Resident Scholar

This might not be the exactly fitting thread, but I did not want to create a new one just for this one piece of information that might be of interest for a few of you:

The Japan Times Job Finder

Upon registration you can search for a job inside Japan. Give your preferences and there you go.
Be aware that quite a few of the given job offers require a certified Japanese Language Proficiency Test level.