Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 17th, 2017, 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you listening to now?
PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 11:13 pm 
Resident Scholar

Those of you interested in electronic music might be interested in these:

Otaku Hardcore Revolution 1

Otaku Hardcore Revolution 2

PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 3:39 pm 
Resident Scholar

About Otaku Hardcore Revolution 1:
There's a track named "ohr2set.wav". Within it is a sequence of two obviously American girls singing the Lucky Star opening in English - it's real, you can find the video here - get ready for torture if you haven't heard the sequence yet:

The kawaii-est earbleed

PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 5:01 pm 
Major Contributor

Emery - "Holding Out for a Hero" (Bonnie Tyler Cover)

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 8:32 pm 
Resident Scholar

42317 wrote:

Of all the tracks, I have kept the USAO Set, the Shingo DJ Set, and the DJ ChuChu Set. Enough for two CDs.
Most of part 1 was just too hardcore for my ears (the right stuff for G-Core, though, I presume), and while part 2 was more softcore and easier to listen to it had less Japanese and more American parts in it (a German sequence even) which kinda disturbed me and made the whole thing a little boring.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 9:13 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
42317 wrote:

Of all the tracks, I have kept the USAO Set, the Shingo DJ Set, and the DJ ChuChu Set. Enough for two CDs.
Most of part 1 was just too hardcore for my ears (the right stuff for G-Core, though, I presume), and while part 2 was more softcore and easier to listen to it had less Japanese and more American parts in it (a German sequence even) which kinda disturbed me and made the whole thing a little boring.

Actually, i wouldn't know about that since i haven't downloaded it yet and to tell the truth, i'm finally starting to get over the whole gabber/speedcore phase of my music tastes. As far as i like it, i consider drum n bass the fastest electronic music that i love and doesn't feel too intense that it hampers the experience. That as well as normal techno and trance tracks i can go on listening to for hours, certainly. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: January 9th, 2010, 4:13 pm 
Major Contributor

Probably THE best remix of MC Chris' "Hoodie Ninja" i've ever heard! All done by DJ Reflex and i must say the music video is a fun one. If i ever become a filmmaker, i already said to myself i'll always work as an independent since i don't have much respect for the Hollywood mainstream anymore, but if i had to sell out then i would make a ninja/samurai movie like that one so i could enjoy seeing CGI blood spillin all over the place! 8)

Who knows, maybe an indie filmmaker can make those type of action flicks anyway...

PostPosted: January 9th, 2010, 4:46 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
if i had to sell out then i would make a ninja/samurai movie like that one so i could enjoy seeing CGI blood spillin all over the place!

That CGI blood ruined the whole movie for me. :wtf:

PostPosted: January 9th, 2010, 4:49 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:
if i had to sell out then i would make a ninja/samurai movie like that one so i could enjoy seeing CGI blood spillin all over the place!

That CGI blood ruined the whole movie for me. :wtf:

Oh well...

Your loss, my gain! :D I'll call it right now: Every ninja/samurai movie i make will have GALLONS of that fake blood all over the place! If i have to invent some type of remote control that when you press the button, the stuff magically appears, i will do it! :d^_^b:

PostPosted: January 9th, 2010, 7:22 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
Every ninja/samurai movie i make will have GALLONS of that fake blood all over the place!

I don't mind gore... but if it has to be CG it should at least look realistic.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2010, 6:11 pm 
Major Contributor

Fear Factory and Gary Numan - "Cars"

PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 6:34 pm 
Major Contributor

He's a pig! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 2:07 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:
Every ninja/samurai movie i make will have GALLONS of that fake blood all over the place!

I don't mind gore... but if it has to be CG it should at least look realistic.

BTW, idk if you noticed this when watching the "Hoodie Ninja" remix video but if you pause it at 2:05, the old man seen is the very same actor who played the silent samurai who usually accompanied Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai.

At least, i believe it is since he looks precisely the same as he did back in the Tom Cruise movie.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 3:24 pm 

I'm listening to some of my old Incubus acoustic compilations, I couldn't help but pick up my guitar as well.

And I found this trio from Germany on youtube while searching for covers of "the Warmth". The main singer is got a heck of a great voice. Pure raw talent.
I thought I should share this with you guys:
The Warmth cover (Incubus)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4onlq16968&feature=related

My Girl (Nirvana version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTLCU4oLCwY&feature=related This is a really sick cover!

PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 3:51 pm 
Major Contributor

For the record, S.C.I.E.N.C.E. (1997) is my favorite Incubus album ever! :booyah:

I tried to listen to Make Yourself (1999) in recent days, but i just couldn't finish it because i was displeased at how slower the songs were in comparison to the ones of the previous album before it. Even the turntable beats were few in number compared to the other album where it was practically a worthwhile instrument and not just for the sake of having a turntable in the recording.

When i read about the whole DJ Lyfe/Incubus feud, i was crushed because DJ Lyfe really did help make the S.C.I.E.N.C.E. album a frequent favorite listen. But if what the other members have said about him is true; him not wanting to do anything for fans like shake their hands or sign autographs, and after he was fired due to getting into many disputes with the band, he was time and time again making claims that the other members were terrible human beings; perhaps it's for the best...

PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 7:42 pm 

G-Core wrote:
For the record, S.C.I.E.N.C.E. (1997) is my favorite Incubus album ever! :booyah:
I tried to listen to Make Yourself (1999) in recent days, but i just couldn't finish it because i was displeased at how slower the songs were in comparison to the ones of the previous album before it. Even the turntable beats were few in number compared to the other album where it was practically a worthwhile instrument and not just for the sake of having a turntable in the recording.

Yea, their S.C.I.E.N.C.E album is really awesome, it has a jazzier feeling but there is a lot of hard rock and even rap. Eizinger went wild on the guitar for that one, and Boyd's voice felt raw, it was a very cool album, although it felt like it was an experimental one.
Make Yourself I believe is the peak of their careers, the music is just really elaborated. And the lyrics are outstanding.

[url=Jimi Hendrix, 'Valleys of Neptune' -- Song Premiere]http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/28/jimi-hendrix-valleys-of-neptune-song-premiere/[/url] A masterpiece!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next