Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you listening to now?
PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 1:23 am 

Felt goofy and introduced my kids to Mojo Nixon.

It's a bit dated, but still fun.

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 6:36 pm 
Major Contributor

Listening to the Back to the Future soundtrack.

"You like Huey Lewis and the News?" :mrgreen:

Just had to say it. :booyah:

PostPosted: September 16th, 2009, 9:04 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!

Perhaps one of the most beautiful soundtrack scores I've ever listened too and it's incredibly underrated as well...

However, Bio Wars is by far the best song for the GvB soundtrack! :P

Cheesy yet trippy at the same time. 8)

PostPosted: September 20th, 2009, 9:07 am 
Major Contributor

These past couple of days, i've been listening to a lot of CDs that most of them i only gave one listen to and never gave them the time of day again. But especially giving them another chance and really paying attention to the music and lyrics of these albums, i respected the material more and nowadays, i would definitely give them as many repeat listenings as i want. Here is more or less the list of albums i fell in love with all over again:

1. VNV Nation - Matter+Form
2. Sepultura - Roorback
3. Guilt by Association - Living in Silence
4. Killswitch Engage - Killswitch Engage
5. Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing
6. Sepultura - Dante XXI
7. Sepultura - Chaos A.D.

PostPosted: September 20th, 2009, 6:35 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
2. Sepultura - Roorback
6. Sepultura - Dante XXI

Nice to see that besides rhythmic noise you are also listening to actual music. :lol:
Roorback and Chaos AD are really damn cool albums, although I like Nation better than Roorback. To my regret I do not know the Dante album yet.

PostPosted: September 20th, 2009, 7:00 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:
2. Sepultura - Roorback
6. Sepultura - Dante XXI

Nice to see that besides rhythmic noise you are also listening to actual music. :lol:
Roorback and Chaos AD are really damn cool albums, although I like Nation better than Roorback. To my regret I do not know the Dante album yet.

Thanks. :booyah:

I don't have the latest Sepultura album called A-Lex yet but it's still on sale at one of the local record stores so i may as well buy it. I enjoy Sepultura's groove metal period that started with Chaos A.D. in '93 all the way to the present more than the period before when their music was strictly thrash metal. Of the two groove metal styled albums that they made when Max Cavalera was still in the band is Chaos A.D. I have the Roots album but i don't have a good track record of repeat listenings with that one. Since then, i have enjoyed all the albums they made since Derrick Green became the new singer. My primary interest in getting to listen to A-Lex is listening how they sound like on drums since it's the first Sepultura album ever without any Cavalera family member. Igor Cavalera has been gone from the band since '06. In terms of the two vocalists, i definitely feel the metal vibe from Max's voice while with Derrick, i usually feel more of a hardcore punk vibe but that doesn't mean i don't enjoy Derrick's singing as well. In fact, i love it. Gives it enough assurance that Sepultura can go on without Max, despite what some fans keep saying to the contrary.

UPDATE: Last night, i listened to the Desensitized album by Pitch Shifter. It was a fun grindcore album, although having to wait over 20 minutes in the last track to hear the '93 version of "Landfill" was a challenge in itself. I REALLY hate that practice of putting a huge waiting space of no sound after the "final track" is over and after usually 5-10 minutes of nothing goes by, then they put their bonus track. In regards to that band, i'm actually more of a fan of that period when their music style was grindcore based and when the singing was metal based. The second era, in which they merged the two names and were now known as Pitchshifter, the new sound of playing punk mixed with drum n bass is not as kindly recieved nowadays by my standards. I especially find the new singing voice, which sounds like a poor man's version of Johnny Rotten and Keith Flint, really lame.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2009, 8:03 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
I don't have the latest Sepultura album called A-Lex yet but it's still on sale at one of the local record stores

Damn, I had forgotten all about it.
I hope I don't forget about Cat Shit One which is supposed to be published this month if I'm not mistaken... damn, they delayed it until "early 2010"... agh, uh, wrong topic.
Uh, yes, I have to get a sample of A-Lex for sure.

G-Core wrote:
I enjoy Sepultura's groove metal period that started with Chaos A.D.

Hm, yeah, Chaos AD was a turning point of sorts.
I also own the older albums Arise and Beneath the Remains and I like them. Not "a lot", but I like them. I have also listened to Schizophrenia, but that was too weird a shit for my tastes, so I decided to skip the oldest days. :sweat:

G-Core wrote:
I have the Roots album but i don't have a good track record of repeat listenings with that one.

Ratamahatta! I found that very powerful and repeat-worthy. :D
And also "Itsari"... although I am usually not a fan of tribal singing.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2009, 8:43 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Ratamahatta! I found that very powerful and repeat-worthy. :D
And also "Itsari"... although I am usually not a fan of tribal singing.

Thanks for that. :D

To be more specific, in terms of the Roots album, the tracks i usually remember the most are those two along with "Roots Bloody Roots". :)

Status Report: These last two days have been pretty much pop punk listenings for me. Here's the basic list of albums i've heard and enjoyed:

1. Green Day - Warning
2. blink-182 - Dude Ranch (I'm actually very proud of listening to this one in particular, because i felt that this was the first time i truly appreciated EVERY song in it. Before then, i could never get past the first three songs. :sweat: )
3. blink-182 - Cheshire Cat (Personally, i liked Buddha better and i wasn't too happy about the apparent homophobia that i think usually comes from Tom. Stuff like the lyric in "Fentoozler", "And do you think that it is right for Tom to spend another night writing songs about the people he thinks are gay." and describing in the lyric book the "La la" part at the end of "T.V" as "faggy". :wtf: I know Mark sings that song, but the apparent gay bashing always seems to come from Tom. It brought my personal opinion of the guy down to the point that frankly, i enjoy the songs sung by Mark better.)
4. Sum 41 - All Killer, No Filler
5. Sum 41 - Half Hour of Power

FURTHER UPDATES:

Listened to Digimortal by Fear Factory last night. Today, i listened to A Little Bit of Mambo by Lou Bega and The Caitiff Choir by It Dies Today just now.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2009, 10:13 am 

Listening to PHISH, the band got reunited, and are touring again! :d^_^b:

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2009, 11:58 am 
Major Contributor

I recently listened to A-Lex by Sepultura and i highly recommend it. It has a good blend of the old school trash metal style as well as the groove metal style they've dominated since the 90s. Of all the tracks included, my highest recommendation is "Ludwig Van" which as the title implies, has Sepultura cranking out very successfully the best of Beethoven. Listening to Sepultura along with an orchestra playing "Ode to Joy" from Beethoven's 9th is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity that no one should waste.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2009, 9:15 pm 
Major Contributor

G-Core wrote:
I recently listened to A-Lex by Sepultura and i highly recommend it. It has a good blend of the old school trash metal style as well as the groove metal style they've dominated since the 90s. Of all the tracks included, my highest recommendation is "Ludwig Van" which as the title implies, has Sepultura cranking out very successfully the best of Beethoven. Listening to Sepultura along with an orchestra playing "Ode to Joy" from Beethoven's 9th is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity that no one should waste.

trash metal?
:?:

PostPosted: October 4th, 2009, 1:06 pm 
Major Contributor

shgarland wrote:
G-Core wrote:

trash metal?
:?:

As Homer Simpson would say, "D'oh!" :P2: I meant to say "thrash" metal, either i really need an eye exam or just apply a Spell Check on the darn thing. :sweat:

Listened to Staind's Break the Cycle album last night.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2009, 10:45 am 
Major Contributor

"Shine" by Collective Soul

PostPosted: December 17th, 2009, 1:40 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Mostly tokusatsu theme songs. Some of the most damn catchiest tunes ever made.

I dunno why, but the Ultraman Jack Theme Song is currently stuck in my head right now.

Of all the Ultraman theme songs, I say the theme for Ultraman Leo is definitely the best one.

But the best tokusatsu theme song ever is Kamen Rider Black RX

PostPosted: December 18th, 2009, 11:47 am 
Major Contributor

Listening to 311's Greatest Hits. Currently have "Flowing" playing on my Walkman.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next