Animetric.com
http://www.animetric.com/forum/

Your Room
http://www.animetric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=310
Page 5 of 5

Author:  Mmsven [ June 27th, 2011, 1:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Room

42317 wrote:
That's not really an equation. Playing games and watching stuff is (usually) fun while laundry and chores are (usually) considered a sort of necessary evil (the necessity of which is constantly being discussed by those lacking motivation). :P2:

I think you're mixing up laziness and motivation. I see laziness as a product of selfishness, while a lack of motivation makes it hard for someone to dedicate themselves to anything they want to do.

Author:  42317 [ July 2nd, 2011, 10:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Room

Mmsven wrote:
I think you're mixing up laziness and motivation. I see laziness as a product of selfishness, while a lack of motivation makes it hard for someone to dedicate themselves to anything they want to do.

There are surely grades with blurry dividing lines. I think that most "lazy" people are those who push their responsibilities aside passively ("I'll do it later") and seek fun and diversion and will only do something like chores if threatened with concrete consequences. Those who lack motivation to do anything useful are rare and possibly as rare as those who avoid responsibilities actively ("I won't do it because eventually someone else will.")

Author:  Mmsven [ December 1st, 2011, 5:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Room

My room has changed a ton recently. I rearranged it, then got some beastly new shelves for my games, and my collections have grown massively. Using my new camera you can almost read every title in my collections without taking multiple pictures.

My game collection (minus jewel-case PC games)
My anime TV series' collection
My various other collections

Author:  42317 [ December 2nd, 2011, 3:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Room

Mmsven wrote:
Using my new camera you can almost read every title in my collections without taking multiple pictures.

Good camera indeed.
What I can't figure out is your order principle. Is there one?
Like there's GitS on top and another GitS title in the middle, at least one shelf seems to be arranged in alphabetical order while others seem to stand apart.
I have two categories: Animated and Live-Action, without regard to a country of origin or a type of medium.

Author:  Mmsven [ December 2nd, 2011, 6:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Room

42317 wrote:
Good camera indeed.
What I can't figure out is your order principle. Is there one?
Like there's GitS on top and another GitS title in the middle, at least one shelf seems to be arranged in alphabetical order while others seem to stand apart.
I have two categories: Animated and Live-Action, without regard to a country of origin or a type of medium.

The anime TV series' collection is in alphabetical order, but by "various others" collections are a bit complicated. First it's bluray live-action movies, and then bluray anime movies, and then DVD anime movies, and then live-action DVD movies, and then live-action and cartoon series'. I arrange it like this for the sake of shelf space. Grouping all my bluray movies together makes sense they are all short in size and I can get that little extra space for the rest of the bookcase. I also have much more anime than I have live-action, so grouping my anime movies with my anime TV series' would leave the bigger shelf cramped and the skinny shelf empty. My room is too small to add any kind of new shelf.

Author:  42317 [ December 4th, 2011, 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Room

Mmsven wrote:
My room is too small to add any kind of new shelf.

I know that problem... I have begun piling up books on the floor because the shelves are full and the same will happen with new DVDs any time soon.

Page 5 of 5 All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/