Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lack of female flavor = good?
PostPosted: July 17th, 2007, 10:28 pm 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
It seems this forum lack of female members but I don't think it was a bad thing.In fact I saw this one as a good thing.Although it can bit unfair in certain things such as in my previous "What is your anime poison?" thread.Of course most men will choose shounen-ai/yaoi.The reason I make that thread is to see why some girls like yaoi so much and not to start a fight.At least I never attacked by them.

I want to ask all male forumers out there.Do we need them?

For me,we don't need them.It's up to you to make any judgements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 12:47 am 

I think is great to have opinions from both genders, i don't see anything wrong with that, and i think there should be at least a couple of girls here. Having only male members could give us a biase opinion of series and topics...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 2:30 am 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
I think is great to have opinions from both genders, i don't see anything wrong with that, and i think there should be at least a couple of girls here. Having only male members could give us a biase opinion of series and topics...

I agree with wolfwood. Not that I mind not having any girls around, it's just as wolf said; male members only could give us a biased opinion of series and topics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 4:50 am 
Regular

I agree. It would be nice to have some female members around to have some opinions and input from the opposite gender about anime and related topics.

Post subject: Re: Lack of female flavor = good?
PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 8:11 am 
Resident Scholar

Amex_Yohko wrote:
lack of female members but I don't think it was a bad thing. In fact I saw this one as a good thing.
I want to ask all male forumers out there.

HAHAHA, you prefer a Gentlemen's Society? :lol:

Amex_Yohko wrote:
Do we need them? For me, we don't need them.

Right girls, gimme the keyboard and get back to housework! Where's my dinner!? :lol: :lol:

No, it's nice to have girls around. Not all of them are Yaoi-Fans and, believe it or not, they often really have elaborate opinions about other stuff! 8) The more opinions the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 2:29 pm 

Now this is a loaded question. Not sure if I should answer. It would be nice to have some girls around here for their oppinion on things sicne women tend to see things different then men. At the same time it's nice to have only guys around, cuss then we don't have to be as careful about what we talk about. For example the last page or so in the philosophy thread, if we had women here, we'd all be castrated and berated. Any way It would be nice to have a few girls, but doesn't really matter to me either way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 7:46 pm 
Post Master

Does this forum have any public statistics so we can check how many girls are here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 8:26 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Well, while I wouldn't mind if this place stayed all male, it would be nice to have some different opinions from a females perspective. Women usually tend to watch different genres from us guys, focusing more on shoujo titles as opposed to shounen titles, so it would be nice to have an influx of a broader range of titles and thoughts on them.

Though I must say I like Amex_Yohko's plan for this to be a Gentleman's "society," just as long as we have some women taking their cloths off for us. They can't speak though, since that would ruin the point. :twisted:

Moonunit wrote:
Does this forum have any public statistics so we can check how many girls are here?

No, we don't have any type of male/female option in the profile area, so no way to see that. Once I get this script upgraded, we will probably have such an option. However, no women have stepped forward as of yet.

The Adict wrote:
At the same time it's nice to have only guys around, cuss then we don't have to be as careful about what we talk about. For example the last page or so in the philosophy thread, if we had women here, we'd all be castrated and berated.

We've probably scared off any woman that thought about joining the forum with some of the conversations of ours 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 9:02 pm 

You're probably right Acmurphy, hmmm I hope none of them own vodoo dolls, it would explain the pain in my foot that feels like a big needle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2007, 1:05 am 
Major Contributor

Well as I've pointed in another thread, online forums in general are going to be filled with predominantly male members. If we were to look at the subsection of anime forums, then will the male-female discrepancy only increases.

But I agree that it would actually be interesting to have some female members as there are certainly tons of girls who are into anime. And not all of them are yaoi fanatics . . . :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2007, 4:26 am 
Regular

I sometimes wonder if it's the 'hentai' sections of our site/forum that scare female members away. :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2007, 4:31 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Zaxares wrote:
I sometimes wonder if it's the 'hentai' sections of our site/forum that scare female members away. :|

Don't know. But I can tell ya for a fact I am not making a yaoi section for them :wink:

It shouldn't really though, since they could just avoid if they really wanted to join. (It isn't that active an area anyway)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2007, 8:09 am 
Regular

No, but having hentai sections on a forum does tend to create certain 'impressions' about the member base. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2007, 10:56 am 

Yeah, the women that do visit probably think we're all perverts. Which to be frank, we are. hehehe :twisted: But to be frank in all the forums I've visited over the years, there's only been one or two that had active frequent female members. So we shouldn't be surprised if we never see any women.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2007, 4:25 am 

is this the point where i say that a lot of people used to think i was a gal on the old boards? :roll:

#1 Chloe fanatic.