Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Insomnia Thread
PostPosted: July 26th, 2008, 8:27 pm 
Resident Scholar

Bloodfairy wrote:
Whenever you feel like unable to sleep, try to create some kind of fiction story. You'll most probably fall right on the place after some minutes.

You do? Whenever I'm creating a story I feel all excited. I got the taste after a "creative writing" class in university, I wrote in a really excited mood and received an A+ for my 9 page work. Since then I now and then write a short story, mostly sci-fi.

By the way, I'm also sitting here at 0125 in the "morning".
Not that I couldn't sleep, but I'll always use some time to post in the forum even if it means sleeping less.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2008, 11:17 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
Bloodfairy wrote:
Whenever you feel like unable to sleep, try to create some kind of fiction story. You'll most probably fall right on the place after some minutes.

You do? Whenever I'm creating a story I feel all excited. I got the taste after a "creative writing" class in university, I wrote in a really excited mood and received an A+ for my 9 page work. Since then I now and then write a short story, mostly sci-fi.

In grade 9 we had an assignment to create a short story, which got me quite excited. My story involved psychotic behaviors influenced by physical abuse that is subtly hinted in the story, and leaves the user to interpret some lines. I got a 9/10 on that (would've gotten 10/10 but my story's length didn't meet expectations) and it is probably the only reason I managed to pass English 9.

I should revise it.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 7:25 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
My story involved psychotic behaviors influenced by physical abuse that is subtly hinted in the story, and leaves the user to interpret some lines. (...)
I should revise it.

Why don't you post it? There is a suitable thread:

Writing... (critique and discussion)

Maybe it should be put in the art section, though.

PostPosted: July 28th, 2008, 2:39 am 

42317 wrote:
Bloodfairy wrote:

By the way, I'm also sitting here at 0125 in the "morning".
Not that I couldn't sleep, but I'll always use some time to post in the forum even if it means sleeping less.

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, but thinking of stories doesn't seem to help me. I just wind up having dreams related to the story or editing and reediting the parts in my head all night. My solution is usually to make sure I get plenty of exercise so I'm physically drained as well as mentally drained. But I've been sick lately, so I'm just dragging and staying awake in bed...

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: October 4th, 2008, 8:31 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
It's now 7:30am... I am about to go to bed... lol Ya, I've been staying up rather late recently, and it is getting a bit ridiculous so I am going to try and pull it back a bit. A 4 to 12 or 2 to 10 would probably be best for me.

But, that's not my problem at the moment. It's all the work I had to do tonight trying to fix computer problems. My roommate brother and I were trying to all play Serious Sam II together, but my computer monitor just kept going to a black screen that I couldn't get rid of (this has been a constant problem with this monitor). So I switched it to my HD TV and tried to play the game on it but it wasn't running very well at all. Which was either due to the performance of the TV itself or because I was having to pilfer someone else's wireless internet because my Ethernet connection would not work anymore. And after many hours of trying to fix the problem I am in the sorry state of still being unable to work my actual internet and am having to utilize my wireless abilities (which I thankfully brought up with me). It has been quite the pain tonight... let me tell you... :cry:

PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 4:09 am 

Recently I have become once again, a creature of the night. :ninja:

I no longer even attempt to get into bed before 2:00am. I don't feel like tossing and turning in my bed for hours so I just stay up and watch television. Speaking of which, nothing remotely decent comes on television this late/early. I get up no later than 10:30am, and no sooner than 9:00am. :sweat:

Well, now that it is 3:00am I guess I will go upstairs and try to fall asleep.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 7:40 am 
Resident Scholar

My working efficiency is way better in the evening for some reason.
Lucky for me (and many others like me) our university's library has decided to extend its opening hours to midnight. It turns into an even quieter place and facilitates concentrating a lot. Of course I could work at home during these hours, but there are too many distractions.