Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 24th, 2017, 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Insomnia Thread
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 2:39 am 

We had an old one of these I believe in the old forums so I decided we needed a new one.

Its a thread for those who can not sleep. Kinda like the anything goes thread but you discuss why you are up so late and such.

Can't sleep for some old reason. So watching crappy Inuyasha reruns on Adult Swim wishing I could even yawn or show other sleepy symptoms. Was so tired earlier but of course when I try to sleep I feel wide awake.

Reckon I will go search the ends of the internet for something to put me to sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 6:38 am 
Major Contributor

Just got done with FFXI for the night a few minutes ago. Just thought I'd hit the sites I like best for new forum posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2007, 8:50 am 
Resident Scholar

Hm, I can't remember such a thread.
But I'm not the kind of person for insomnia... I go to bed between 2300 and midnight and in case my girlfriend does not... bother me I'm off to dream land after ten minutes or so. And I can sleep away any time of the day as long as I am not exposed to direct sunlight. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 3:08 pm 

this is a recreated topic. considering i have bouts of not being able to sleep, especially during the summer, i do remember it rather well.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2007, 3:44 am 

In a hotel room at 2:40 in the morning. I can't sleep because my mother is snoring like a bull. Its really really bad.

I came down to where my school is at with my parents to get my classes set up and get my books. So we got a hotel for the night and are driving back in the morning. The hotel has hi-speed internet so I am using it as much as possible.

I have been trying to go to sleep since 11 but my mother(my dear mum :roll: )will not stop snoring. My dad(the smart man he is) came prepared with earplugs for the night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2007, 11:49 am 
Resident Scholar

zero_chaos wrote:
I can't sleep because my mother is snoring like a bull.

She should just stop sleeping on her back.
If she sleeps on her side she might drool on the pillow, but at least that does not disturb the rest of the family. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2007, 7:41 pm 
Lurker

well, here it's 23:39, so, not really insomnia, but i haven't been able to sleep much of late - too much on my mind. i'll probs be kicked off here soon, but in all likelyhood i won't be asleep for another.... 2-4 hours, so consider this a post-in-advance! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2007, 8:24 pm 

Somehow I remember an Insomnia thread but not in animetric. But then it has been a long time ago.... so I don't remember well.

When I can't sleep, I either roll around until I can or I get back up and watch an episode of anime or read some manga or start doodling and spacing out until I can. Or I end up pulling an all nighter doing random stupid things and feeling like shit the next morning.

Post subject: Re: The Insomnia Thread
PostPosted: June 16th, 2008, 1:54 am 

Wide awake at 1 in the morning. Can not sleep probably largely due to the fact that my girlfriend is coming to stay with me for a week and I have not seen her in a month. :wink: So I am going to try and make myself tired by watching tv and surfing the net for a little while.

I am more sleepy than I think though. I have noticed I have mis-spelled more than usual in this post...but I corrected it.

Random thought: Better Smilies. The ones we have are a bit creepy. :lol: <---That is scary.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2008, 5:01 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
zero_chaos wrote:
Wide awake at 1 in the morning. Can not sleep probably largely due to the fact that my girlfriend is coming to stay with me for a week and I have not seen her in a month. :wink: So I am going to try and make myself tired by watching tv and surfing the net for a little while.

I am more sleepy than I think though. I have noticed I have mis-spelled more than usual in this post...but I corrected it.

You know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder! What was the reason you two were apart for so long? Does she live closer to where you go to school and since you are home now she's farther away? (Couple of assumptions in that one)

zero_chaos wrote:
Random thought: Better Smilies. The ones we have are a bit creepy. :lol: <---That is scary.

He's just laughing about how he is about to consume your soul. I don't know what's so scary about that :twisted: I'll add a new lol smiley for you tomorrow. Right now it is 4 and I need to try and get some sleep. Studying for this final is going to end me.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2008, 6:20 am 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
zero_chaos wrote:

He's just laughing about how he is about to consume your soul. I don't know what's so scary about that :twisted: I'll add a new lol smiley for you tomorrow. Right now it is 4 and I need to try and get some sleep. Studying for this final is going to end me.

I like the smileys. I wouldn't mind seeing some more (like the big toothy grin I've seen elsewhere), but the ones we have are good IMHO.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2008, 2:11 pm 

Acmurphy wrote:
What was the reason you two were apart for so long? Does she live closer to where you go to school and since you are home now she's farther away? (Couple of assumptions in that one)

I left home(two and a half hours away) to go to college. I been trying to focus on studying and she has also been busy. So its been a month since I last saw her. Same goes for the rest of my family and friends.

Quote:

Haha, he looks like the joker from Batman... :shifty: <---I like this one, he is definitely up to something.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2008, 2:06 am 

I guess I am one of the only midnight posters around here since I am always looking for the Insomnia thread at night.

It is one in the morning and I am bored, maybe I will watch some Naruto Shippuuden or just lay in bed for hours...

PostPosted: July 26th, 2008, 7:01 am 

Whenever you feel like unable to sleep, try to create some kind of fiction story. You'll most probably fall right on the place after some minutes.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2008, 9:27 am 

A couple of weeks ago, I was waking up everyday at 3 am unable to sleep again. It lasted a whole week.
Usually Insomnia can be linked to high stress hormones, mostly cortisol. We all have a cortisol cycle. In the morning during sunlight your cortisol level goes up, reaching a peak and then going back down in the evening. Night, when cortisol levels are down, is the time when our bodies try to recover. Any kind of stress, during night can disrupt this cycle, and may bring several health issues, from general tiredness to actual illness.
That's why we should all, sleep the recommended 8 hours as often as we can, during night; sleep in a dark room (even the faintest light, when in contact with your skin, will trigger cortisol secretion); if you have a computer, a tv, or whatever other electrical appliance in your, it should be unplugged; Not exercise during night. Among many others.
I had been sleeping next to a plugged computer, a charging cellphone, and even a guitar amp. But I learned my lesson. :lol2: