Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2007, 5:48 pm 

to be honest i don't like the idea at all, its suprising i know as much as i do about outer space considering i hate the thought of it. yes I do actually hate outerspace, sure it could be fun but I'd rather not live with the knowledge about how many tons of stone out there that can potentially fall on my head thank you very much.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 8:44 am 

Dark one, you're forgetting black holes, gamma explosions, super novas, comets, solar flares all of which could wipe out all life on the planet in and instance :D In addition to the many other things out there the can spell the doom of our little itty bitty planet that we don't know about yet. All of which we are completely powerless to prevent, avoid or by any means survive. :twisted: Yeah life without the knowledge would be nice, still a life knowing that some shmuck pressing certaint buttons could trigger a nuclear war, a biological war or world war III all over which would wipe out a good portion if not all of the human population would be nice to. Oh well staring at the prospects of how the world ends is rather fasinating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 10:00 am 

true, but that shmuck you can at least call a bastard and if you really want to it wouldnt be that hard to get there and punch him in the face if he's that stupid. I think the main reason i hate space is the fact that i hate my feet leaving the ground. I don't have any problem with seatrips or flying to places but... well, its kinda hard to explain really, i think the closest is that i Don't feel whole without some sort of contact to the ground.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2007, 8:29 am 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
Venus. Why? Because Venus has about the same size, gravity and magnetic field strength as Earth.

And it rains sulfur acid (H[sub]2[/sub]SO[sub]4[/sub]) over there... pretty aggressive stuff I'd say.
Atmosphere has 90 times the pressure of Earth, you wouldn't even survive long enough to cough.
500° C surface temperature due to greenhouse effects!
Equipment isn't ready for such environments yet. Terraforming is great, but first engineer the machines in a way so they survive acid and pressure. The points that Venus does not feature a magnetic field by the way (I'm sure you meant "gravity") and rotates less than once per Venusian year seem relatively harmless then. Only one sunrise per year, and if I'm not mistaken, on planet Venus the sun rises in the west.
(See: http://www.websters-dictionary-online.c ... tion/venus)

Mars on the other hand "only" has a large surplus of carbon dioxide in its hardly existing atmosphere. :D

The Adict wrote:
42,000 miles isn't much when you can travel more 19,000 miles per second!

Actually, you forgot a "0" (the number zero) in there. Speed of light is about 190,000 miles per second, it passes our planet during a mere snap of your fingers and it takes about eight minutes from the sun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2007, 10:58 am 

Thanks for the correction 42317. So in other words the only planets that produce magnetic fields are earth and the gas giagants. Think they do, not sure.

To Darkone why stop at punching the guy, I beat the barstard shmuck's lights out then fixate him on a rocket and shoot him into space, sun side so he can fry to death and his ashes scattered threwout space so he may never now peace even in death.

Interesting fact, temps it in the sun light in space is over 10,000F then under
-10,000F in the shade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 2:54 pm 

The Adict wrote:
To Darkone why stop at punching the guy, I beat the barstard shmuck's lights out then fixate him on a rocket and shoot him into space, sun side so he can fry to death and his ashes scattered threwout space so he may never now peace even in death.

well if he does something stupid i don't want to hog all the fun, there'll probably be a line :wink:

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2007, 9:36 am 

That's for certain. But even so it's just a matter of time before someone's stupid enough to press that button. Yeah I'm being ctnical. But we got off topic.