Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2007, 11:41 pm 

Dark One wrote:
as of today, who knows which of those two were right or wrong, as is allways, history is written by the victor.

You suck and I am right!

Just kidding of course. I myself would not say that I am 100% agreed with the young Earth theory. I find little things such as the ones you said can't be fought either way. However I don't really think its that big of deal either way. I mean the Earth can be zillions of years old and it does not make anything different for me. I believe the Earth is pretty young and I base that on some research I have seen and just my personal belief.

The main point I think that Christians try to prove is that if the majority of scientists are wrong about the Earth's age then they are probably wrong with many other theories such as evolution.

The whole theory of a young earth are interesting to me though. So I like talking about it and hearing both sides. Plus if you have ever had even one science class you are probably taught that the Earth is really old. So it is very odd to hear people say otherwise. If anything else, I just like to be open-minded. Years ago people laughed when someone said they saw a rock fall from the sky. Now we call those rocks meteors. So I try to be open-minded.

Right now I am relaxing from a short day of working on a roof.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2007, 12:09 am 

I'm reading "The Perfume" by Patrick Suskind. Almost done. It captures the reader very easily like a sweet scent with an intriguing touch... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2007, 7:22 am 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Your point?
Is that good or is that bad?
For whom?
:?:

My point is that people who say the Earth is only a few thousand years old, in stark contrast to the vast majority of archeological, scientific, and historical evidence are usually saying that because they use the timeline presented in the bible to trace back to when Adam was created, which according to the bible would be several thousand years ago. Then, since the universe was created in "six days" (taking Genesis literally) then the Earth and everything else in the universe must be only a few thousand years old as well. This view of course is highly problematic in many ways.

In fact, after the 18th century, in lieu of scientific advances, the Young Earth Theory pretty was much out the door, until the Seventh-day Adventists re-conjured it up back in the early 20th century.

In fact, I would argue that Young Earth Creationism theory is really very much against the Christian view of a loving and caring God. Even the scriptures say that God is not a deceptive God. So why would a deceptive God present us with such a vast array of evidence which points to the Earth and the universe being much older than a few thousand years but at the same time expect us to hold on to a theory that the earth is only a few thousand years old, around the same age as Adam?

zero chaos wrote:
The main point I think that Christians try to prove is that if the majority of scientists are wrong about the Earth's age then they are probably wrong with many other theories such as evolution.

Well evolution is pretty strong theory (I'm not talking about specific mechanisms but the concept of evolution), and really anyone who's studied genetics or microbiology to a certain point would have to be crazy to refute it. The origin of life issue is really what causes so much hostility between creationists and evolutionists.

And yeah I would agree that its not really a critical issue in terms of what Christians belief but I think the problem lies in a deeper issue, which is trying to use the bible to disprove science, or the other way around--which is a big no no and causes nothing but trouble.

Anyway, right now I'm testing out my new HD DVD player I just got. Troy (on HD DVD) is looking pretty good on it right now. But I'm still waiting for Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift, and Batman Begins to arrive tomorrow, since those are two of the most impressive HD DVD discs available. I also got a taste of Dolby TrueHD (lossless 5.1 surround sound) for the first time and it sounds amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2007, 1:57 pm 

Got a 250GB external hard so I can put all my old desktop stuff on it and use it with my laptop. Also setting up my iTunes on the laptop. It proving to be a pain in the bottom.

Other than that, I am cleaning the house for tonight when I am having an XBox party at the house on the big screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2007, 7:54 pm 
Lurker

sounds good! i'm here, watching FMA, and enjoying it! :) just finished off a tub of Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie (there was only one third left, dont worry!)! chatting on msn to my friends, and a few people on myspace too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2007, 10:35 am 
Resident Scholar

What am I doing now, apart from posting... well, I guess I'm stinking.
We had a little BBQ yesterday in the evening until late night, after washing the dishes I fell into my bed like dead, gramps woke me up at seven because he had an early appointment with his doctor and gave me other tasks and I haven't had the time to take a shower yet. I pretty much still smell like smoke, sweat and sausages. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2007, 1:50 pm 

Packing and disassembling some of my furniture so I can get it ready to be moved to my new apartment. Leaving Wednesday and I can't wait.

Too much stuff to pack and now I see that when I come back to stay at home some weekends, that my room will be totally empty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2007, 6:11 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
zero_chaos,

Where you moving to, and why are you going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2007, 12:55 am 
Major Contributor

Reminds me that I'm gonna move come end of August, and I'm definitely not looking forward to it (i.e. I'm a pretty messy guy :( )

Right now, just watching some videos on my laptop as I wait for my desktop to finish encoding my current video project. And it's going damn slow also at less than 3 FPS. Well that's what I get for maxing out all the options in x264 . . . :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2007, 1:46 am 

Acmurphy wrote:
zero_chaos,

Where you moving to, and why are you going?

Wilmington, North Carolina to go to Cape Fear Community College. Moving stuff this Wednesday but moving in and staying for good this coming Monday. Still got a lot to pack and I am not looking forward to having to drive the Uhaul from my house to the apartment. (two hours and 45 minutes away) Long drive but I am bringing a friend.

Quote:
Reminds me that I'm gonna move come end of August, and I'm definitely not looking forward to it (i.e. I'm a pretty messy guy Sad )

And where are you going?

Right now I am still cleaning/packing. Also just got the newest version of msn messenger so I can talk to girlfriend and parents when I leave sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2007, 4:29 am 
Major Contributor

zero_chaos wrote:
And where are you going?

Oh not far, just into an one-bedroom apartment closer to campus. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2007, 2:44 pm 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
I'm a pretty messy guy

All the Chinese I've met where either really tidy or really messy.
And, rest assured, you will not reach the abyss of the guy who never ever opened a window of his apartment and took a shower only once a week. :D Moving is a nuisance but generally your worries from before are more like much ado about nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2007, 1:46 am 

Back from moving all my stuff to the new apartment. Was at a record high for heat around here. The temp was past 100 degrees and wasn't pleasant moving all my stuff in the heat.

Now I think I will go look for some food to eat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2007, 11:39 pm 

Just finished band practice (BTW-I started a band; 5 members, I've been on Rythum for 3 months, it's for a girl). Writing a song with my songwriting partner who's our pianist. Another hit I hope. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2007, 5:36 pm 
Resident Scholar

AMDS wrote:
I started a band... it's for a girl

Isn't that what founding bands is for? :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 75  Next