Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2007, 5:53 pm 

AMDS wrote:
The latter. I teach all the campers how to play and then opening, middle game, end game concepts, etc, till the camp ends halfway through August.

I've been a tournament player for nearly 6 years now and I just beat the 2 time US Women's Chess Champion this last Sunday

Nice! Congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 12:23 am 

Well was at the beach today....so I arrived late at work....say instead of 1pm as I should I got there at 8pm...ha.....good thing my boss is my cousin...
So beach....worked...and now here checking stuff around the internet and downloading as always...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 12:52 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
AMDS,

Man, that is awesome, nice work on being a chess champion! I used to play chess at least somewhat, but after getting beaten by my friend 5 times in a row I just kinda gave it up.

What are you having to do all that writing for???

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 11:47 am 

Since I have nothing planned all day today and the girlfriend is at work I am thinking of pulling a game out of the old gaming archive.

I am leaning towards starting a new Dragonwarrior VII file.

But as for right now just looking around the forums and the net.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2007, 1:02 am 

Acmurphy wrote:
AMDS,
What are you having to do all that writing for???

My career. I train to be a screenwriter. As of now I've written five-feature length scripts, a novel, and a produced musical. I've also shot two short films and penned a dozen pop songs. One of my scripts was a finalist at Beverly Hills Film Festival last year, and another one won Best Under 18 at Shriekfest '06.

...Anyway, Just finished rewriting one of my scripts and am trying to stay awake as I write this. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2007, 9:09 am 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
I used to play chess at least somewhat, but after getting beaten by my friend 5 times in a row I just kinda gave it up.

I always get beaten by my two only chesspartners because after an hour or so my concentration starts to crumble away.
But I'm not giving up. Not because I hate to lose, but because I like the game. :-)

AMDS wrote:
As of now I've written five-feature length scripts, a novel, and a produced musical. I've also shot two short films and penned a dozen pop songs. One of my scripts was a finalist at Beverly Hills Film Festival last year, and another one won Best Under 18 at Shriekfest '06.

This guy amazes me ever again... I'm still wondering how to offer my short sci-fi stories to some kinda publisher (which is a little hard in my case because I live in Germany but use to write in English) and he's fat in the business.
Really cool. I'm looking forward to seeing your name grand on the big screen.

What am I doing now? I have pretty much finished the biography I was to write. I don't like it very much since the paper now contains much superficial information about Kinoshita's works, which should ideally be a chapter of its own... but it has 10 pages now, it's better than nothing and I can still write a detailed chapter about his plays.
Next thing I need to finish is a paper about corpus linguistics application in classrooms.

Last edited by 42317 on July 5th, 2007, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2007, 1:39 am 

42317 wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:
I used to play chess at least somewhat, but after getting beaten by my friend 5 times in a row I just kinda gave it up.

I always get beaten by my two only chesspartners because after an hour or so my concentration starts top crumble away.
But I'm not giving up. Not because I hate to lose, but because I like the game. :-)

I also love chess but I am horrible at it. I only play on the computer because the computer tells me where the pieces can move. :roll:

Right now I am searching through the forums and about to go search the fridge. I am getting very very hungry. Hey, what do you know, a Bleach re-run is on. Guess I will watch that till sleep overcomes me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2007, 2:01 am 

Ah chess...good to see almost everyone plays it...ha....I showed my bro how to play and now he`s gotten so good he has won 2 times...so no more mister nice guy with him...ha...

Besides that I was at the pool earlier on with a friend just doing stupid things (like 10 year olds) `till it was like midnight or more already...
Than we got out realizing we had no towels and it was kind of cold...made me want to go back in and sleep there...

Anyways now I`m burning a cd...and checking all I can online `till I get kicked out of here (still at friends...he`s snoring outside somwhere...and everybody else is asleep too)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2007, 2:33 am 

Hehe I used to play chess for fun with friends, but now no one wants to play it, cuz they all went to play MMOs =P

Anyways right now, I'm watching Die Hard series before I go watch the 4th one =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2007, 7:27 am 
Regular

Sitting here feeling sorry for myself after a girl I really, really liked told me that we shouldn't see each other anymore. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2007, 8:00 am 

Zaxares wrote:
Sitting here feeling sorry for myself after a girl I really, really liked told me that we shouldn't see each other anymore. :cry:

So just tell her that makes it all the more exciting to continue to see each other! :D

Getting ready to go off to College orientation. Fun. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2007, 11:21 am 
Resident Admin

AMDS,

That's awesome that you are a writer. I always wanted to write stories, but I never seem to have the time.

College orientation... God that stuff is stupid. About a third is okay in terms of stuff you need to know and seeing the campus and such, the other 2/3rds is just don't do drugs, don't drink, did we say don't do drugs yet? Well don't! No shit Sherlock! I mean, by the time you go into College you are going to be an adult, but they still view you as some little kid that can't think for oneself.

Zaxares,

:cry: You just have to look at it from the point of view that it just must have not been meant to happen. Though that is a difficult point of view to approach it from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2007, 9:02 pm 
Regular

AMDS: I appreciate the attempt at brevity, but I'm really not in the mood for that right now. :?

Acmurphy: I'm still having trouble accepting it. I really thought that she would be "the one". :cry: A part of me still hopes that she'll change her mind and come back to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2007, 11:44 pm 
Resident Admin

How long were the two of you together?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2007, 7:05 am 
Regular

I've known her for about a year, although it's only been in the last month that we finally admitted we liked each other more than just friends (being the reserved, guarded people we both are.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next