Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now? (Version 1.0)
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2010, 1:17 pm 
Major Contributor

Taking personal pride in my appearance. Well combed hair, clean shave, my style clothing. Also, feeling very glad that the traffic jams caused by that whole Latin American Olympic-style event is over due to the closing ceremony having took place last night.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2010, 6:31 am 
Resident Scholar

It's August 15th, I made it back in time.
I'm spending the day doing rather silent things because my girlfriend is studying for her exams and since the middle door of our two-room apartment is broken I can't play music or games or videos or anything.
Well, not unless I make the effort to go down below my table and change the plug in my computer from loudspeakers to earphones. I'm just too lazy to do it. I want loudspeakers with an earphone plug. :sweat:

PostPosted: August 18th, 2010, 3:52 pm 
Regular

damn, you are lazy!

PostPosted: August 18th, 2010, 5:22 pm 
Resident Scholar

dbd_addict wrote:
damn, you are lazy!

The stress symptoms of my long study phase have just fallen off me like a layer of dirt.
I'm relaxed like peanut butter. :mrgreen:

Well, almost. Job hunting takes an effort, of course.

PostPosted: August 28th, 2010, 9:42 pm 

Welcome back 42317! A couple of weeks late I suppose...

I'm just checking in briefly before I sink back under the pressure of day-to-day life. All 3 kids go back to school on Monday leaving daddy with an empty house and a chance to get work done without distractions. Juggling a tutoring job, marketing for a newly released videogame, graduate school for education (which I may have to give up soon) and consulting for two businesses. I'd be much less busy if one of these takes off and actually provides enough income for me to drop a couple of other ones... It would be nice to have time to watch an anime (eyeing my shelf with Gankutsuo, Fate/staynight, and Tenjho Tenge that have been unopened for 3 years) or catch up to the rest of the world on Naruto, etc.

I'll keep haunting you guys and watching/reading vicariously through the reviews!

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 1:45 pm 
Major Contributor

Listening to music, as usual. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is playing in the background.

Today marks a special day in my family because it's my dad's birthday. He was born in 1948 therefore this August 29th marks his 62nd year alive in this world. I made sure to sing him the birthday song when i saw him downstairs in his office. He was very pleased. Ain't no cake to give him, but he doesn't mind. Just remembering the day is enough.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 1:53 pm 
Resident Scholar

PunkDaddy wrote:
Welcome back 42317!

Thanks anyway, I appreciate it.

PunkDaddy wrote:
Juggling a tutoring job, marketing for a newly released videogame, graduate school for education (which I may have to give up soon) and consulting for two businesses. I'd be much less busy if one of these takes off and actually provides enough income for me to drop a couple of other ones...

At least it's good to hear you have some income and goals in life. Goals and motivation are valuable things in life... just make sure you don't strain yourself - if you're sick you're the poorest person in the world, no matter what else you might call your own.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 9:53 pm 

42317 wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:
Juggling a tutoring job, marketing for a newly released videogame, graduate school for education (which I may have to give up soon) and consulting for two businesses. I'd be much less busy if one of these takes off and actually provides enough income for me to drop a couple of other ones...

At least it's good to hear you have some income and goals in life. Goals and motivation are valuable things in life... just make sure you don't strain yourself - if you're sick you're the poorest person in the world, no matter what else you might call your own.

That is the truth! So far the health is good, but I was hospitalized in 2005 and 2007 for gallstones and pancreatitius issues. I seem to be cured, but that was what they told me in 2005 so I try to be careful. I also was drafted to be the coach of my son's soccer team which is a fair amount of stress, but chasing 8-10 year-old kids around a field for 2 hours at a time helps keep me in semi-decent shape- and that much healthier, phsyically. Mentally, I'm a long-gone! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: September 6th, 2010, 5:12 pm 
Resident Scholar

PunkDaddy wrote:
I also was drafted to be the coach of my son's soccer team which is a fair amount of stress

Were you somehow complimented into "office" or do you really know something about soccer, training techniques, and sports education?

PostPosted: September 8th, 2010, 2:01 am 

42317 wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:
I also was drafted to be the coach of my son's soccer team which is a fair amount of stress

Were you somehow complimented into "office" or do you really know something about soccer, training techniques, and sports education?

Well, its only boys under 10, so it isn't super serious. Last year I had been an unofficial assistant coach so I volunteered to be an assistant again. Unfortunately, they didn't have enough volunteers for coaches, so they simply gave me a team. I am stressed because I DONT really know a lot about soccer, training techniques and sports education. I know about conditioning and I have been studying like mad, but I have no idea how we will do. I feel bad for the kids that I am learning while they do as well.

Just had a good practice today playing a scrimmage against another team. We were doing well at passing but not so good at staying in position, dribbling or kicking. We have a long way to go... One more thing to eat up my anime-watching time! :roll:

PostPosted: September 10th, 2010, 2:35 pm 
Resident Scholar

PunkDaddy wrote:
its only boys under 10, so it isn't super serious. (...) I know about conditioning and I have been studying like mad, but I have no idea how we will do. I feel bad for the kids that I am learning while they do as well.

But they will admire you and follow you to hell and back if they see that you're giving your best for them.

PunkDaddy wrote:
Just had a good practice today playing a scrimmage against another team. We were doing well at passing but not so good at staying in position, dribbling or kicking.

Once you know where the weak points are they can be fixed.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2010, 12:56 pm 
Major Contributor

I know today is THE day, i'm sure i don't have to mention the importance today has on American history, but rather than go off mourning till so late into the night i'm just treating today like any other day. I don't say anything about it even if thoughts about that day do pop into my head just like i know they would with anybody else, i won't even go off and watch some documentary or movie just to feel the anger one would feel in the early years towards the people responsible. It's all a matter of letting go, which is the secret to a longer and healthier life.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2010, 6:34 am 
Resident Scholar

Theoretically it's hard to escape the 9/11 documentary wave, but practically I was involved in a municipal children's day as a helper, so it all passed by me. Well, almost, because I don't like missing the main news in the evening.
Major "news" is of course the debate about the mosque which is planned to be built near the so-called Ground Zero. The discussion is bordering on the farcial, since, if I'm informed correctly, the estate has belonged to the local Muslim community for years and they should be free to do with their property as they wish. I just fear then it won't be long until some misguided "patriot" does something stupid.
We'd all be better off being atheists. :|

PostPosted: September 12th, 2010, 1:33 pm 
Regular

42317 wrote:
or agnostics. atheists can be pretty hard headed too in their 'belief'.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2010, 3:39 pm 
Major Contributor

dbd_addict wrote:
42317 wrote:
or agnostics. atheists can be pretty hard headed too in their 'belief'.

I sometimes consider myself an agnostic. While i'm not too content about the idea of life already being predestined and that there is no true control therefore on the individual, i do think that there may be a higher power involved. Because an atheist doesn't think there is any possibility of a higher power involved, i never truly believed myself to be that.

Then again, there are times when i do embrace my religious upbringing and while i'm not a church going man, my comfort zone in terms of religion is influenced by Christian ideals. Maybe i'm not entirely sure, but i'd say i fall at least in between those two spots of a little bit Agnostic and a little bit Christian. I sounded pretty much like the Osmonds there with that, "I'm a little bit Country, i'm a little bit Rock n Roll" similarity to the sentence. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next