Animetric.com
http://www.animetric.com/forum/

The Anything Goes Thread . . .
http://www.animetric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=255
Page 39 of 41

Author:  wolfwood [ December 24th, 2010, 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

Quote:
I never liked the tradition because your knees would be burning and your ass would be freezing at the same time
Hahaha. that sounds fun. Starting the fire must be a pain in that cold weather if there is any sort of breeze.
Note: The last picture is simply priceless!! Also, those sausages don't look anything like I've eaten before.
I remember you had a post about sausages here I'll have to run a search for it.

Author:  42317 [ December 24th, 2010, 9:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

wolfwood wrote:
Starting the fire must be a pain in that cold weather if there is any sort of breeze.

It wasn't too windy. I had to help with a fan.
Besides I have a good jacket.

wolfwood wrote:
those sausages don't look anything like I've eaten before.

Check Merguez at Wikipedia. They're really good.

Author:  G-Core [ January 17th, 2011, 9:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

Why is it taking so long just to remove the latest spammer crap?! :wtf:

Author:  42317 [ January 20th, 2011, 4:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

G-Core wrote:
Why is it taking so long just to remove the latest spammer crap?! :wtf:

Perhaps Aaron has important business in real life to take care of, would that be imaginable? :wink:

Author:  G-Core [ January 20th, 2011, 5:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:
Why is it taking so long just to remove the latest spammer crap?! :wtf:

Perhaps Aaron has important business in real life to take care of, would that be imaginable? :wink:

I appreciate the fact that you think that i have no life but please keep your dark humor for now to a minimum since i'm not in the mood. If you read the "Who Are You" thread, i'm sure you'll understand.

Author:  42317 [ January 20th, 2011, 5:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

G-Core wrote:
I appreciate the fact that you think that i have no life but please keep your dark humor for now to a minimum since i'm not in the mood. If you read the "Who Are You" thread, i'm sure you'll understand.

You are over-interpreting my suggestion because of its keywords, clearly, as you seem to be very aware of your own soft spots.
I don't care how you live your life, it's none of my business, although I might ask you a question about it once you throw me an according teaser, like telling us what you do or don't do all day. It's just not like it left me cold if your life was shitty.

Author:  G-Core [ January 20th, 2011, 5:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:
I appreciate the fact that you think that i have no life but please keep your dark humor for now to a minimum since i'm not in the mood. If you read the "Who Are You" thread, i'm sure you'll understand.

You are over-interpreting my suggestion because of its keywords, clearly, as you seem to be very aware of your own soft spots.
I don't care how you live your life, it's none of my business, although I might ask you a question about it once you throw me an according teaser, like telling us what you do or don't do all day. It's just not like it left me cold if your life was shitty.

I don't talk much about my personal life in the internet due to preferring not to let people here think that my family situations get crappy and also due to the possibilities that someone could use what i write against me since people can take advantage of hacking and printing thus the end of privacy can have more negative effects on my already monotone existence. I guess my second reason is a bit paranoic but that's how i feel about it.

Author:  Mmsven [ July 30th, 2011, 4:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

Looks like two of our regulars (G-Core, Wolfwood) are no longer very regular, which is disappointing. The reason I don't like big popular forums is because you can't get to know anyone very easily so it's intimidating for anyone new to one. I also don't like large amounts of posts which make every post less significant, so good posts get ignored and bad ones can get swept under the rug with no backfire. Another thing that sucks specifically for me is that I get the temptation to check for responses every 10 seconds since I spend most of my time on my computer.

I don't like the prospect of being an internet drifter who has no connection to the anime community.

Author:  42317 [ July 31st, 2011, 4:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

Mmsven wrote:
Looks like two of our regulars (G-Core, Wolfwood) are no longer very regular

You'll have to count me into that group, too. I hardly have any time during the week (although my schedule might still improve) and my time during weekends is of course sparse because I have to spend some quality time with friends and family, too. It's been two weeks since I last logged in I believe... last weekend my father invited me to see an exhibition about Celtic art, which was very interesting.
As usual you were not allowed to take any pictures, so I can't show anything. I can only say that the exhibition was generally good but still had a few flaws concerning given explanations as many texts just said something like "this piece was found at place X and due to some wooden remains it was dated around 400 B.C." - so what I was missing was information about what I was actually looking at. Is it a milk can or a pee pot or what? The only staff around where the security guys who took care that noone took pictures and of course they didn't know squat about what they were guarding.
Last but not least I still could not find out what's so great about gold besides its material value.

Author:  Gojira [ September 20th, 2011, 2:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

Well the economy sucks, I miss college AND Colorado, work part-time, lost weight, developed a taste for death metal music, no longer a fanservice junky (still likes anime though, but has finally developed standards), and currently growing saber-teeth.

Oh, and I've returned here. Grrrreeeeeeaat!*sarcasm* :roll: j/k

Author:  Mmsven [ September 20th, 2011, 4:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

Welcome back. We need more members around to keep things interesting.

Author:  Gojira [ September 20th, 2011, 4:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

^Dankon.

Since I have a little bit of free time, might as well make the forums more interesting. After all, I've come to appreciate internet etiquette more after wasting two years at Toho Kingdom Forums (which I don't miss them at all) and have gotten an actual life. So ladies and germs, Gojira is back and is better and a little more mature than before.

Author:  Acmurphy [ September 23rd, 2011, 5:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

Gojira wrote:
Well the economy sucks, I miss college AND Colorado, work part-time, lost weight, developed a taste for death metal music, no longer a fanservice junky (still likes anime though, but has finally developed standards), and currently growing saber-teeth.

Oh, and I've returned here. Grrrreeeeeeaat!*sarcasm* :roll: j/k

Hey Gojira, it's great to have you back! I can't believe it's been so long since you were last posted :shock: How having things been treating you? I gather they haven't been great on the jobs front (yet anyway), but what are you getting up to now that college is out of the way? (Also, what the heck does growing saber-teeth entail? haha).

Author:  Gojira [ September 23rd, 2011, 5:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

Acmurphy wrote:
Hey Gojira, it's great to have you back! I can't believe it's been so long since you were last posted :shock: How having things been treating you? I gather they haven't been great on the jobs front (yet anyway), but what are you getting up to now that college is out of the way? (Also, what the heck does growing saber-teeth entail? haha).

Oh, I've been honky dory for most of the time. Graduated college and completed a field camp course in Colorado, which was AWESOME btw. Struggled to find a job for nearly two months until I found a volunteer position at a local museum, which it turned out that I got hired and work for part-time (pay included!). It's not much though, but it will keep my skills sharpened until I find a better opportunity later on.

How's life treating you, Boss?

As for the saber-teeth part, I'm currently in a state when my interest in saber-toothed cats is high. Yes, it's very random, but that's what happens in life, man. :P2:

Author:  Acmurphy [ September 24th, 2011, 1:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .

Gojira wrote:
Oh, I've been honky dory for most of the time. Graduated college and completed a field camp course in Colorado, which was AWESOME btw. Struggled to find a job for nearly two months until I found a volunteer position at a local museum, which it turned out that I got hired and work for part-time (pay included!). It's not much though, but it will keep my skills sharpened until I find a better opportunity later on.

Very nice, it's excellent that you were able to at least get something that's linked with your skill set until a better opportunity comes along.

Gojira wrote:
How's life treating you, Boss?

Pretty well so far. I finished up with school as well (I don't quite miss it like you do however haha) and am just continuing on with my stock trading. Sadly I haven't been doing too much with the site lately, mostly because I've just been too worn out and haven't been watching much almost any anime lately but I am hoping to change that trend. The Black Lagoon S3 OVA has finally finished so I am probably going to hit that up soon. It's nice to hear you're still rocking the anime even if your tastes have evolved :mrgreen:

Gojira wrote:
As for the saber-teeth part, I'm currently in a state when my interest in saber-toothed cats is high. Yes, it's very random, but that's what happens in life, man. :P2:

It seems I was looking at that in a little too literal sense :lol:

Page 39 of 41 All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/