Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .
PostPosted: September 4th, 2010, 5:18 pm 

Welcome back GameOn!

PostPosted: September 6th, 2010, 3:26 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
A few moments ago, i was listening to the song "New Born" by Muse and this was the first time i carefully analyzed every lyric and interpreted what it meant to me personally.

I've never heard of that song, but I'm astonished by your having such deep thoughts about it. Deep thinking enables us to do something positive with our lives.

GameOn wrote:
wow it has been quite some time since i've been here!

Hm... "GameOn" rings a bell I think... I can't quite remember now...

PostPosted: September 10th, 2010, 9:33 pm 
Regular

i remember gameOn!
mainly because everytime i see his name it reminds me of when we used to play street hockey...

"CAR!!!"
move net off road
car passes
move net back on road
"GAME ON!"

haha... goodtimes.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2010, 8:02 pm 
Major Contributor

I would have to say that of all the photos i put in the "Gravure" thread, the only one that i can't see anymore due to mixed feelings is the one of Sayaka Ando. At first, nothing was wrong, i was attracted to her which made me want to share the picture here even more. But then, after a little while i kept being reminded more and more of my older sister whenever i'd see the picture. Her face alone brings to me that feeling of similarity in looks. While i don't exactly have the greatest track record with my sister in terms of seeing each other often, it would be very weird of me to look at that picture now and still feel the initial emotions of attraction.

PostPosted: October 10th, 2010, 5:01 pm 
Resident Scholar

After long four months I was able to buy a new electric haircutter, so yesterday I went from grunge to Marine Corps, so to speak. I'd show you a picture but my camera is done for, so I can't take one right now. Well, I could take the picture, but it's the computer connection that doesn't work anymore. I hoped it was a problem with the USB software or the link cable, but the memorystick still works and exchanging the cable proved to be in vain, so I guess the camera's a goner.
I think this time for quality and YouTube interest reasons I'll buy a videocamera that can also take still pictures... and not vice versa, i.e. a picture camera that can also take videos.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2010, 8:50 am 
Resident Scholar

My camera came back to life... for some reason unknow it's reacting to the USB connection again. Still, that does not change my replacement plans because it's obviously a sign of breaking down.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2010, 6:54 pm 
Major Contributor

The days keep passing by so quickly, most of the hours only feel like half of what they truly are. And it's mostly routine, so the day gets done so fast and so typical that the night is usually near before i know it. Speaking of which, it must be the season since now it gets completely dark by 6:00-6:30 PM instead of the usual dark by 6:40-7:00 PM. Winter truly does wonders with the way the weather works.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2010, 9:15 am 

G-Core wrote:
The days keep passing by so quickly
most of the hours only feel like half of what they truly are
And it's mostly routine,
so the day gets done so fast and so typical
that the night is usually near before i know it.

Are those the lyrics for a song?
-------------------------------------------------------
This has been my routine lately: Waking up at 2:00am, heading out at 5:15am, coming home at 9pm. Studying until I passed out from drowsiness (it doesn't take more than a few minutes haha). It's only 3 more weeks before I reach the finals and then I'm free for a month!!!

PostPosted: November 7th, 2010, 10:47 am 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
G-Core wrote:
The days keep passing by so quickly
most of the hours only feel like half of what they truly are
And it's mostly routine,
so the day gets done so fast and so typical
that the night is usually near before i know it.

Are those the lyrics for a song?

Not really, just how i felt my daily routine was going though looking at it now, i can see the lyrical appeal. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 17th, 2010, 5:54 pm 
Resident Scholar

wolfwood wrote:
Waking up at 2:00am, heading out at 5:15am, coming home at 9pm. Studying until I passed out from drowsiness (it doesn't take more than a few minutes haha).

Are you crazy? Sleeping properly is a key element of successful studying. Research shows that people who regularly sleep a few hours after studying get much better results because your brain arranges the new information while the body is resting. If you don't sleep enough your hard-won knowledge will not settle down in your grey cells. It's like the difference between putting your notes in a neat folder as opposed to wildly stacking loose sheets of paper on your shelf, simply hoping to find what you need when you need it.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2010, 12:35 am 

42317 wrote:
Are you crazy? Sleeping properly is a key element of successful studying. Research shows that people who regularly sleep a few hours after studying get much better results because your brain arranges the new information while the body is resting. If you don't sleep enough your hard-won knowledge will not settle down in your grey cells. It's like the difference between putting your notes in a neat folder as opposed to wildly stacking loose sheets of paper on your shelf, simply hoping to find what you need when you need it.
I know, but I couldn't help it, my hectic schedule forced me to do it. I barely survived, but paid the consequences, I failed 3/6 tests in the last month (as pretty much the rest of the class). Luckily it's all back to normal and I'm getting decent sleeping time.

PostPosted: November 24th, 2010, 3:57 pm 
Major Contributor

Tomorrow is that time of the year again, the bird day. I'm not celebrating it at all, i mean what's so special about a day where a popular sport that i don't like is idolized by millions and has them glued to their tv sets for most of the day as well as cooking up a turkey bird that mostly just tastes dry and gravy that looks like it was scraped up from the bottom of some muddy river? No way, what i'm sure tomorrow will comprise is a lot of film viewage, message board posting, and just chillin. Matter of fact, tomorrow will pretty much be like any regular day when described in the way i did in the previous sentence.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2010, 7:11 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
cooking up a turkey bird that mostly just tastes dry and gravy that looks like it was scraped up from the bottom of some muddy river

There's no such custom in Germany... but I don't think there's a law against having Nachos and Tortillas on "bird day". I would like that better than poultry... :D

PostPosted: December 20th, 2010, 8:03 pm 

I promised myself I would eat less and healthier these holidays, but it's not even Christmas yet and I've been to half a dozen parties where I couldn't help but stuff myself.
Tonight some friends and I will have a little gathering where will have a nice and highly caloric BBQ.
From tomorrow and on I'll just a have a glass of water and crackers for lunch and dinner... :cry:

PostPosted: December 24th, 2010, 2:10 pm 
Resident Scholar

Pretty snowy winter this year. After it was raining yesterday evening and then getting mighty cold it took me mighty 45 minutes this morning removing a thick layer of ice from my car. No chance retrieving the scratcher from inside the car since the doors wouldn't budge a bit. So I got me some cold water which I poured over one door until it could be opened and then was able to heat from the inside and scratch from the outside.

I also had a BBQ in the afternoon, on the snowy lawn behind my apartment block.

Attachment:
File comment: A Yule Log parody.
20101224 Grillen 013 sm.jpg
20101224 Grillen 013 sm.jpg [ 47.14 KiB | Viewed 1730 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Sausages well done.
20101224 Grillen 012 sm.JPG
20101224 Grillen 012 sm.JPG [ 53.39 KiB | Viewed 1730 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: A little to well done maybe.
20101224 Grillen 014 sm.jpg
20101224 Grillen 014 sm.jpg [ 71.01 KiB | Viewed 1730 times ]

It was fun, yeah. When I was a kid my family would always go on a long walk into the woods and then grill sausages over an open fire (at a designated fireplace, of course) in the afternoon of December 24th.
I never liked the tradition because your knees would be burning and your ass would be freezing at the same time, but after not having done it for more than 20 years I felt nostalgic enough to give it another try. I think I'll bother my own kids with that renewed tradition once I have kids. :P2:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next