Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .
PostPosted: June 9th, 2010, 12:07 am 
Major Contributor

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Hello all! How's it going? Been awhile since i logged on. Our town got hit by a tornado over the weekend..first one in like forever. Took out half the town. My family and I are ok....kind of wish i could've seen the tornado though (it was middle of the night).

MEEEEEP!

You seem to have come out of it okay, and for that I'm thankful.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2010, 8:02 am 

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Hello all! How's it going? Been awhile since i logged on. Our town got hit by a tornado over the weekend..first one in like forever. Took out half the town. My family and I are ok....kind of wish i could've seen the tornado though (it was middle of the night).
I'm glad you are OK. That's really scary, a tornado in the middle of the night! I wouldn't want to see it. How's your house?

PostPosted: June 16th, 2010, 8:51 pm 

The house and everything is A OK :) thanks for asking! Cam't say the same for other people though.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2010, 9:53 pm 

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
The house and everything is A OK :) thanks for asking! Cam't say the same for other people though.
yea it sounds pretty sad to lose your house and belongings to a tornado... but good to see you were not affected at all by it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Football World Cup has been a little disappointing. I was expecting more from Spain and England.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 10:01 am 
Lurker

42317 wrote:
Kesshi wrote:
Was feeling a bit nostalgic, thought to check in. How goes the community nowadays? Who's still around from the old guard?

I'm here, although only sporadically until exams are over on August 14th. Gotta catch 'em all to be a master (of arts). :wink:
It's nice of you to drop by. How's life?

After a few years off, returned to school and got my History degree this spring. Now I'm just enjoying the stagnant job market, the occasional drinking excursion, and marathoning a few anime series I have on backlog. Ah, the mediocre life...

Finishing a Masters? :O Good stuff man.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 8:47 pm 
Major Contributor

Ving Rhames is HOT! There, i said it. It's on writing so nobody can say i didn't say it. I find him to be very sexy with that bald head, the moustache, the muscly body, and of course that cute posterior. He is my main chocolate crush and i'd be lying if i said i didn't have fantasies from time to time of me and Ving Rhames.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 4:56 am 
Major Contributor

G-Core wrote:
Ving Rhames is HOT! There, i said it. It's on writing so nobody can say i didn't say it. I find him to be very sexy with that bald head, the moustache, the muscly body, and of course that cute posterior. He is my main chocolate crush and i'd be lying if i said i didn't have fantasies from time to time of me and Ving Rhames.

Um...okay. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. Something outta deep left field, with a bit a TMI thrown in for good measure. But nothing wrong with it.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 2:14 pm 

G-Core wrote:
Just as shgarland pointed out, a little bit out of the blue. But it's alright dude, I don. I don't know who is Ving Rhames though.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 2:33 pm 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
Just as shgarland pointed out, a little bit out of the blue. But it's alright dude, I don. I don't know who is Ving Rhames though.

Marsellus Wallace from Pulp Fiction, Luther Stickell from the Mission: Impossible films, more or less along those lines. :wink:

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 2:52 pm 
Regular

haha. TMI.

though i kind of do not believe it...
Quote:
THE LYING WHEELS ARE TURNING, ROUND AND ROUND WE GO!!!

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 3:03 pm 
Major Contributor

If you must know, my signature is a lyric from the song "Awake and Lifeless" by A Dozen Furies. Nothing more. Just thought it sounded cool.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2010, 1:54 pm 
Resident Scholar

I stumbled across that emoticon lately:

Attachment:
emot-owned.gif
emot-owned.gif [ 1.81 KiB | Viewed 1378 times ]

Found it kinda cool. :-)

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 3:13 pm 
Resident Scholar

I visited my father on the weekend and was told that my brother was holding a grudge against me because I seem to have said something he misunderstood. What I said was:

42317 wrote:
I get along with my brother much better since we're not keeping as much contact as we had anymore.

How does he interpret that statement?
That I resent him and don't want to keep in contact with him.
What did I mean to say?
That we're getting along better today because we're not living under the same roof anymore and don't annoy each other like we did as kids.
So we got into his car and went to visit my brother so I could clarify what I had said.
I hope that he understood me, for it seems he was really upset about it (upset in an angrily sulking kinda way).

Have I already mentioned that he became a father at the beginning of August?
I guess not... such a child of course does keep you alert... and awake at night... so that factor had also somewhat influenced his mood.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2010, 6:11 pm 
Major Contributor

A few moments ago, i was listening to the song "New Born" by Muse and this was the first time i carefully analyzed every lyric and interpreted what it meant to me personally. I always knew from the information that the song is about technology, more precise the overuse and overdependence on technology. I felt that connection right off the bat, and i especially felt the cryptic message was directed toward the internet.

The starting lyrics: "Link it to the world, link it to yourself, stretch it like a birth squeeze", that reminded me of how the World Wide Web works being linked to a vast network of computers all over the world.

The following words: "The love for what you hide, the bitterness inside, is growing like a new born", our particular vices represented in what we let become an evergrowing addiction to the machine.

"When you've seen too much, and too young, soulless is everywhere", again alluding to the addiction level, further pointing that more young people are finding this a more "worthy" hobby than the experience of close contact with a nearby person, therefore in that sense all of us linked the world over are losing our humanity more and more each day.

"Hopeless time to roam, the distance to your home", implicating the machine experience as without point, equivalent to what could've been used as a moment of outdoor activity, free from the influence of the machine.

"How much are you worth, you can't come down to Earth", in the big scheme of things, your opinion values less than what it could were it said in another form and the addiction has become so dependent, you refuse to come back to the real world where your opinion could matter more. It's a punishment we unknowingly accept.

"Destroy the spineless, show me it's real, wasting our last chance to come away, just break the silence, when i'm drifting away from you", encouraging us to disconnect, live a life free of the system before it consumes you and there is no way out from under the control it has on the mind.

All in all, even if this is not what another person might think of when they hear a song like this, these are the points i felt were the message.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2010, 12:43 pm 
Newcomer

wow it has been quite some time since i've been here!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next