Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 9:13 pm 

Only about 4 more days till vacation! (not counting today). Can't it get here any faster. :x

PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 1:09 am 
Lurker

Was feeling a bit nostalgic, thought to check in. How goes the community nowadays? Who's still around from the old guard?

PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 9:55 am 

Kesshi wrote:
Was feeling a bit nostalgic, thought to check in. How goes the community nowadays? Who's still around from the old guard?
Good to see you are well Kessh. Yes, there is still people from "the old guard" around. :booyah:

PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 3:40 pm 
Major Contributor

Kesshi wrote:

Hello! :) You're definitely an old schooler since i didn't know you posted here, much less even knew of your presence on this fair board. Welcome back. :d^_^b:

PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 4:41 pm 
Resident Scholar

Kesshi wrote:

I'm here, although only sporadically until exams are over on August 14th. Gotta catch 'em all to be a master (of arts). :wink:
It's nice of you to drop by. How's life?

Post subject: Re: and girls
PostPosted: June 6th, 2010, 6:36 am 
Major Contributor

oh goody...another one... edit: i reserve the right to have some fun at these goofs' expense.

MEAN!
:mad2:
:d-_-b:

PostPosted: June 7th, 2010, 5:20 pm 
Major Contributor

I've been thinking this a lot today and i honestly feel that certain video game icons do need to take a bow and retire from the stage. The icons in particular i feel should get off the high pedestal would be Sonic the Hedgehog and Pokemon.

Both are icons that had their greatest success in the 90s when they first came out but now that the generation is all grown up and the new generation seems to prefer quantity over quality, more and more games are made which are surely not derided by younger kids but the older generation is of more or less unanimous agreement that the ride has gotten stale, repetitve, and not that concerned anymore about quality over quantity.

Sonic the Hedgehog surely had a ton of games in the 90s that earned their spot due to the enticing aspects of velocity which gave it a bit of leg up over Mario who ran too, but not as fast as Sonic as one can plainly see. The addition of 3D graphics was served well when the Sonic Adventure games came out on the Sega Dreamcast, expanded the whole way one could take Sonic. However, one thing that dumbs the Sonic mythos down is that no matter what new characters or enemies you encounter, in the end it's all about defeating Dr. Eggman who obviously doesn't know when to quit and one knowing that fact tends to get less impressed when more games come out in the new millenium.

As for Pokemon, it was definitely a concept that probably would've better been suited to be a limited one. The concept of there being 151 Pokemon at first made the process of playing and striving to catch em all a fairly enjoyable and not so time consuming task. However, by expanding the amount, while one does gain curiosity for the new creatures introduced, it does feel like they blew up the balloon and the universe is expanded but not everybody is interested in seeing how far the horizon goes.

All in all, the video game industry has in a way become like the Hollywood movie industry where in some cases, quality is overlooked and it's all about making as much as a company can by making "newer" sequels that just recycle some concepts and are in reality all the same no matter how different it looks to the untrained eye.

PostPosted: June 7th, 2010, 6:54 pm 
Major Contributor

Well, what can we do? The ship being constructed to send all spammers to Mars apparently is going through delays. :P2:

PostPosted: June 7th, 2010, 7:37 pm 
Major Contributor

G-Core wrote:
Well, what can we do? The ship being constructed to send all spammers to Mars apparently is going through delays. :P2:

yep. quite a few.

what about those girls?

PostPosted: June 7th, 2010, 8:04 pm 
Major Contributor

shgarland wrote:
what about those girls?

I'll see if i can cut a deal. We both get 50-50. All the fine women go to me, and you get the ugly ones. :P2: Sounds fair, eh? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: June 7th, 2010, 8:16 pm 
Major Contributor

What? I can't get some of the pretty ones? :P2:

PostPosted: June 7th, 2010, 8:59 pm 
Major Contributor

shgarland wrote:

All right. You get 30 percent, i'll take my 70 percent of the beauties right off the top.

PostPosted: June 7th, 2010, 10:58 pm 
Major Contributor

G-Core wrote:
shgarland wrote:

All right. You get 30 percent, i'll take my 70 percent of the beauties right off the top.

Still think I'm getting the short end of the stick, but 30%'s fine. (Should feel lucky I'm not feeling that stick on the back of the head, anyway... :P2: )

PostPosted: June 8th, 2010, 8:34 pm 

Hello all! How's it going? Been awhile since i logged on. Our town got hit by a tornado over the weekend..first one in like forever. Took out half the town. My family and I are ok....kind of wish i could've seen the tornado though (it was middle of the night).

PostPosted: June 8th, 2010, 9:49 pm 
Major Contributor

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Hello all! How's it going? Been awhile since i logged on. Our town got hit by a tornado over the weekend..first one in like forever. Took out half the town. My family and I are ok....kind of wish i could've seen the tornado though (it was middle of the night).

Thank the Lord you and your family are ok. :booyah:

Everything's been mostly quiet around here, except my constant presence as well as me and shgarland making fun of spammers. :P

Thank all that is holy that tornadoes don't happen in Puerto Rico as well. I'm bonafide lucky in that regard. *Unless something along the lines of The Day After Tomorrow happens and a tornado pops up in unexpected places... :P2: *

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 41  Next