Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 27th, 2007, 7:11 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Is he still living in your wall or did you guys finally get rid of him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2007, 6:11 pm 

He is still in the wall, he comes and goes. Not as bad as it was I don't think.

Another funny/random apartment story.

Went to bed last night right before One O'Clock and I hear something in the apartment next to me. Yes folks, the apartment people beside me decided to have late night "relations" :roll: It was pretty funny to hear and it lasted for about 45 minutes. Ha, just thought I would like to share. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2007, 6:45 pm 
Resident Admin

zero_chaos,

lol, you gotta love some thin walls, or some very loud people :lol:

Last edited by Acmurphy on October 7th, 2007, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2007, 6:23 am 
Resident Scholar

When I was living in a dorm I made similar experiences, and I found it annoying that it was the guy who was so loud and not his girlfriend... but I got him back one day when I awoke at 0700 with a hidious cramp in my right leg that made me scream in pain... I heard him virtually fall out of the bed and rush into the hallway to check what's going on. :D
I guess he was more concerned than curious, so I ignored his further nightly noises.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2007, 8:10 am 
Major Contributor

zero_chaos wrote:
He is still in the wall, he comes and goes. Not as bad as it was I don't think.

Another funny/random apartment story.

Went to bed last night right before One O'Clock and I hear something in the apartment next to me. Yes folks, the apartment people beside me decided to have late night "relations" :roll: It was pretty funny to hear and it lasted for about 45 minutes. Ha, just thought I would like to share. :o

I'm guessing they probably faked the last 30 minutes or so . . . ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2007, 10:29 pm 

spazmaster666 wrote:
I'm guessing they probably faked the last 30 minutes or so . . . ;)

It sounded pretty real to me. lol

PS: We need better emoticons. When I want to describe the emotion of laughing it looks like this :lol: I find that creepy. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2007, 9:21 am 
Resident Scholar

A place for rant!
The food industry over here seems to be running amok... during the last few months, milk prices have risen by 50 %, cheese and milk-related products are up by a third at least. :x
"Milk is too cheap in Germany" say simply say and claim they're doing it for the poor dairy farmers.
Yeah, like, up yours... there are several corporations in this business and they all joined in this effort.
I wonder what the farmers in question really say about all this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 6:57 pm 
Major Contributor

zero_chaos wrote:
It sounded pretty real to me. lol

PS: We need better emoticons. When I want to describe the emotion of laughing it looks like this :lol: I find that creepy. :shock:

Oops, I guess I should have said the girl probably faked the last thirty minutes or so . . . ;)

Anyways, I think the price of milk has also gone up here in the States, though that could just be do to the recent inflation . . . hard to tell these days . . . :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 11:50 pm 
Resident Admin

Commodity prices overall are on the rise. Sadly, my roommate and I drink a ton of milk, about a gallon every two days, so we are paying quite a bit for milk now. (We go shopping every ten days and pick up 5 gallons each time. Some people call us milk fiends :twisted: )

The actual reason for the increase? Corn is used to feed dairy cows, and now that corn is being used to produce ethanol, the price of corn is rising due to a larger demand with not enough of an increase in supply. Thus it costs more for farmers to keep their cows alive and so the prices on milk and related products are rising.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 25th, 2007, 1:01 am 
Major Contributor

Actually now that I really think about it, pretty much everything I've been buying recently has gone up in the neighborhood of 5% or so. I also got a cost of living raise recently at work, so I guess everything has been getting more expensive.

I used to drink milk alot but nowadays I'm more privy to just plain cold water . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 25th, 2007, 3:18 pm 
Resident Admin

Nothing finer than a glass of cold water when you're thirsty! (My roommate hates water, so he lives on Mountain Dew :roll: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 6:02 am 
Resident Scholar

If commodity prices were rising by 5% I wouldn't mind much. Okay, there's inflation and raw materials and all that economy stuff. But a 30-50% rise is asking a bit much in such a short time.

I've read some of the discussion about turning corn into fuel and I find it rather strange that some people from the land of the free argue prez Bush was about to lay famine on the country by the misuse of food. Heck, the USA is a gigantic country! You have shopping malls as big as city blocks over here, and you don't even have to remove graves because there's enough space for the dead - given a proper plan there could be enough plants grown for all of their purposes. Well, except if some higher-ups would rather fill their pockets with the rising revenues, since (offering) less supply means higher prices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 8:37 am 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
Nothing finer than a glass of cold water when you're thirsty! (My roommate hates water, so he lives on Mountain Dew :roll: )

Ugh, I can't drink much soda anymore without having to work out like crazy afterwards (the sugar doesn't help either). I remember gaining a few pounds after drinking about a soda a day during the summer . . . which gets annoying when you're trying to get back in shape for the fall semester . . . :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 10:48 pm 

I'm posting this cuz I don't know where else to put it but any body else notice that we have nearly 200 members yet one about 20 of us post?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 3:41 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
I'm posting this cuz I don't know where else to put it but any body else notice that we have nearly 200 members yet one about 20 of us post?

Haha! I'm keeping an eye on the growing numbers of those lurkers (if they're real persons anway, who knows?). :D

Technically, it's not a big deal, but that was the reason why I suggested a "post threshold" which a member needs to achieve within the first weeks of membership in order not to be removed... but I have no say in this and as long as acmurphy is fine with the current situation, there's no need to press the matter.

Plus I have posted a comparison a while ago, on September 3rd, saying that the top five posters (now acmurphy, me, Spaz, The Adict and Zaxares) have more posts than all the rest together, so saying there were 20 active ones of us looks very much like an exaggeration to me. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next