Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 17th, 2017, 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What Just Floated Into Your Ear?
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 10:02 am 

or in other words, what are you listening to now, or, what new stuff are you listening to now.

just recently i heard Smiling Faces from Gnarls Barkley and had to get their album, not to mention checking out their videos. just think they're brilliant and amusing to say the least :wink:

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 2:28 pm 
Major Contributor

Beethoven's Symphony No. 7 in A Major (Op. 92), second movement, Allegretto.

Yeah, I've been getting back into classical music lately. (i.e. I bought some Mozart CDs, all of Beethoven's symphonies and sonatas on CDs, etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 9:35 pm 
Post Master

I listen to different stuff all the time. But when it comes to the new stuff, I recently got Dimmu Borgir's new album In Sorte Diaboli, Megadeth's new album United Abominations, Machine Head's new album The Blackening, Ensiferum's new album Victory Songs, Dark Tranquillity's new album Fiction, Finntroll's new album Ur Jordens Djup, and Hellyeah's new S/T album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 10:03 pm 
Lurker

I've been trying to recapture the past recently by listenin to Garbage. :3

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 2:28 pm 
Resident Scholar

So you respawned the BRS "What are you listening to now" thread. :D
When I write these posts I'm usually not listening to anything because I'm not using my own computer, I don't have CD-ROM backups of my MP3s at hand and university does not allow listening to online radio for bandwidth reasons. But I allow myself to tune in to YouTube and listen to a video now and then. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2007, 1:54 am 
Major Contributor

What am I listening to now? Hmn..... A lot of it is new. Kind of burned myself out on Linkin Park, but there's also new Ozzy. It's kind of like Kesshi's thing with the past. Three or 4 groups I got into in the late '80s (including Ozzy) either have new albums out, or coming soon. For newer groups, there's a group local to where I am called Digital Summer that has an album out I really like called Cause and Effect. I actually like this one better than I do Ozzy and Linkin Park.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2007, 10:26 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Dark One,

I am a big Gnarls Barkley fan myself. Though I only have about 5 of his songs, I really enjoy all of them. I should look into getting his CD so I can see what the rest of it is like.

spazmaster666,

Ah, another classical music fan. Nice to hear it isn't dead among other "younger" people.

Kesshi,

Man it's been a while since I heard some Garbage. Nice to see someone out there actually knows the band. Push It is a personal fav. of mine.

Right now I am listening to some Maroon 5, a band that my brother just told me about, (aka new to me :) ). Kind of like a cross between Jamiroquai and Gnarls Barkley, though right now I just keep listening to one of their songs. I really need to check out the others.

Last edited by Acmurphy on June 15th, 2007, 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 12:10 am 

Maroon 5 isn't that new, their previous album: "Songs about Jane" was a huge hit back in 2002-2003... their new album is really good too. I love their acoustic work as well.

Me?... well, I've gotten into David Bowie this past week, I dunno I was listening to Nirvana's acoustic "the man who sold the world" and heard kurt Cobain say the song was a cover from David Bowie. Made some research and got hooked up, and now i'm listening to his music, and realized that lots of his songs I had already listened as covers from new bands. "Changes" is a classic, I've always loved that song and
now i Know he is the one who created it... there is also ziggie stardust, and "china girl" (I absolutely dig this one).

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 1:54 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
wolfwood,

lol, I meant new to me, but I worded it a little oddly so I can see how I might have confused you :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2007, 5:52 am 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
Ah, another classical music fan. Nice to hear it isn't dead among other "younger" people.

Interestingly, it was Nodame Cantabile that revived my interest in classical music. :lol:

But I'm still a huge Red Hot Chili Peppers fan, which is what I'm listening to right now (Stadium Arcadium)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2007, 6:56 am 
Resident Scholar

I've been listening to some Korean music lately.
Well, not really Korean music because I have mostly kept Korean versions of other songs, like "Tears" from X-Japan.
Sounds cool in Korean, too.
A Korean neighbor moved out and left fifty CD-ROMs for the trashcan, so he gave 'em to me.
Strange act because there were not just many songs but also lots of pictures from parties of the Korean student community which I would label rather personal... but if he's okay with that... I discarded the picture CDs but I could not resist keeping three pictures of a gorgeously beautiful Korean woman... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2007, 5:14 am 
Lurker

DevilDriver, after i heard them on Scrubs! - "do you like speed metal?" :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2007, 11:24 am 
Resident Scholar

I'm listening to a soundtrack sampler with opening and ending themes, like
- Rec
- Full Metal Panic
- Kuchibiki Unbalance
- Tenchi Muyô
- Haibane Renmei
- Air
- Paranoia Agent
- Ôran
- Planetes

among others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 6:15 pm 
Resident Scholar

I am listening to something very special - a sampler of songs that were performed by a band named "Agony" which I was a member of from 1995 to 1997. When I was celebrating my 30th birthday last month I had also invited former band members and one gave me a CD-ROM with digitized tape recordings from back then.

Hell, who allowed us to sing? That is, to do what we called singing when we did it... :)
I mostly wrote lyrics, and when I stepped up to a microphone it was more like background vocals.
Listening to the music is not as embarrassing as I thought, but still I think we were pretty bad, compared to the fact that the two core members have put up a musical which was quite popular in the region, popular enough the city would again pay all the costs, amounting to 10,000 E.

The "outtakes" make it very valuable... which mostly consist of the drummer's (band leader's) choleric fits... like, the singer starts singing something like
"When some guy jumps off a roof because there's no hope..." (not written by me) and I would start laughing because of the pathetic line and the singer would join me and the drummer explodes
"WTF's that shit!? Why are you laughing???"
"Uh, because he started laughing in the first place!"
"Idiots! I'll shove that guitar up your ass if you do that again!"
It was great times... at one point I offered to write parody lyrics of our own original lyrics, but the leader had more of a serious approach in mind. :lol:

Hm... I'm generally pleased with my lyrics, but the pieces are rather noise than music...
I would offer sound clips or downloads but someone would have tell me how to do this.
Any chance via MySpace?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 7:55 pm 

well i have an interesting mix at the moment, first of all its a collection of radio programs by mark steel where he goes over different historical figures, gives a new view on a few historical figures like Karl Marx.

after that got my hands on the soundtrack from O brother where art thou. some of its good while i find some so and so. nothing unspeakable dreadfull though.

besides that i'm triyng to find my cd of Elaine Stritch at Liberty. an old musical actress that relives some of the more interesting moments of her ever expanding career.

#1 Chloe fanatic.