Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 24th, 2017, 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Music Videos
PostPosted: February 14th, 2010, 5:49 pm 
Major Contributor

I first heard this song on the PS2 game "Splashdown". It was this song that made me the huge KMFDM fan i am today! :D When i was watching the video, i wondered if the version of the song used was perhaps an earlier demo since in this rendition, the synthesizer notes are much more hearable in some parts where the electric guitar would otherwise shadow it. One comment i read said that it was a remix that can be heard on one of the singles CDs rather than from the Xtort album of 1996. Here is "Son of a Gun", enjoy!

PostPosted: February 15th, 2010, 7:26 pm 
Major Contributor

Say Aaron, do you know if he shaves his leg hair or just doesn't have hair in his arms and legs since besides the purple and black suit, he could very well pass for a female like you assumed... :shock:

PostPosted: February 15th, 2010, 8:28 pm 

G-Core wrote:
Say Aaron, do you know if he shaves his leg hair or just doesn't have hair in his arms and legs since besides the purple and black suit, he could very well pass for a female like you assumed... :shock:
Scary lead singer, no doubt...

PostPosted: February 15th, 2010, 10:42 pm 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
G-Core wrote:
Scary lead singer, no doubt...

Solo artist, actually. T.M. Revolution is strictly the singer only whose real name is Takanori Nishikawa. The band i would suspect are his support musicians on concerts and tours.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 1:14 pm 

Most beautiful woman on Earth

Katie Melua - 9 Million Bicycles

I love her voice and songwriting too!

PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 1:28 pm 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:

Brilliance, sheer brilliance! :d^_^b: I agree, she is beautiful and her song has a very calming tone to it in the melody and the lyrics. :D

On a rather O.T. note, i love the name "Katie" so much that i believe if i had a daughter in the future, that's the name i would like to bestow onto her. If i had a son, i'm really adamant about naming my boy "Ryan".

Back on topic, judging from her last name i initially believed she was of Hawaiian descent, but i now think she may be of Chinese descent, correct? I came to that conclusion based on the lyrics of her song, i may be wrong in both counts and if i am, feel free to correct me.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 1:50 pm 

G-Core wrote:
wolfwood wrote:

Brilliance, sheer brilliance! :d^_^b: I agree, she is beautiful and her song has a very calming tone to it in the melody and the lyrics. :D
Back on topic, judging from her last name i initially believed she was of Hawaiian descent, but i now think she may be of Chinese descent, correct? I came to that conclusion based on the lyrics of her song, i may be wrong in both counts and if i am, feel free to correct me.

Actually G-Core, she is from Georgia, which is close to Turkey and Russia, well that's what I think I had read somewhere, but I wouldn't know if she has some sort of Asian heritage. This song's lyrics definitely got some Asian influence as you put it, where did the inspiration come from? I think most people around the world have some sort of interest towards that part of the world.
Yea, she is got a really jazzy sort of voice, very soothing.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 7:26 pm 
Major Contributor

NOTE: Though this is the title track of the group's debut album, the singer is not the original one. The original vocalist, Tommy Vext, was kicked out of the band due to a physical altercation with guitarist Dino Cazares during a live concert. The singer used for this official music video is the current vocalist Travis Neal. Travis and the rest of Divine Heresy have already recorded a second album called "Bringer of Plagues" which is already out on sale. *I had to order "Bleed the Fifth" through Amazon and looks like i'll have to do the same for the other album since no store in the local mall houses Divine Heresy CDs... Bummer.*

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2010, 2:28 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
Divine Heresy

Nice, it comes across a little harder but it doesn't sound much different from Pantera.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2010, 4:33 pm 
Major Contributor

For the record, i've never put on clown makeup all my life but i do have a doubt. Does the fact that i do like the Insane Clown Posse's music make me a "juggalo"? Big part of me doesn't wanna have that whole label associated with it due to a sense of embarrassment, but i really do like the music. I also like Twiztid's music as well. Just a damn shame that they had to make the fanbase a whole cult-like thing and there are endless comment wars between "juggalos" and "juggalettes" and the "regular" people who all trash each other day in, day out.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2010, 7:03 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
Insane Clown Posse

Interesting concept! I'll label it Dark American Visual Kei. :P2:

PostPosted: February 27th, 2010, 9:39 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Interesting concept! I'll label it Dark American Visual Kei. :P2:

You sir, are the highlight of this fair board! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2010, 1:37 pm 
Major Contributor

My favorite track from the Invaders Must Die album. A very energetic lot The Prodigy has always been and i was suprised to see it was mostly Maxim doing the crowd pepping. His voice even sounded a lot like what i always thought would sound like Keith Flint's in most instances so i guess the live "Spitfire" track in the 1990-2005 compilation album features Maxim doing the calling instead of Keith then.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2010, 6:58 pm 
Resident Scholar

I somehow felt inspired. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2010, 7:54 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
I somehow felt inspired. :mrgreen:

I'm just assuming, of course, but i guess this means i should never change my location then since it inspired you so much! :wink:

G-Core wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next