Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 5:28 pm 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
what then caused the big bang? What caused the cause that caused the big bang?

Well, I like the idea that the universe is constantly banging, expanding, collapsing, banging, expanding, collapsing and so on. But - how can we know? Humans are short-lived and our batabases about cosmic matters are still in need of a few generations work to figure out further principles of the universe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2007, 8:41 pm 

Okay I finally get what your basing your therory on Dhaerow. You're basing your theory if I'm not mistaken of the multi-verse theory which states, from what I now from my all be it limited knowledge of it, that for every choice there is a complimentary reality. for instance in the morning you have two choices an apple or a pear. In this univerese you choose an apple, however in a different you chose a pear. Therefore all 'choices' are preset as if any other 'choice' would result in a different universe. However I would like to point out that this theory is based on the theory that there is never only one of anything.

Still does it matter if Freedom of will is an illusion? reality maybe an illusion, does that mean you are going to stop 'chosing' something, no. Does the knowledge that reality is an illusion stop you from living, no.

But since no ones said anything in the past 15 days lets consider this subject closed for now. Next, please next.

Sorry for any and all of the numerous misspellings and grammar mistakes. Very sorry I'm working on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2007, 6:45 am 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
You're basing your theory if I'm not mistaken of the multi-verse theory which states, from what I now from my all be it limited knowledge of it, that for every choice there is a complimentary reality. for instance in the morning you have two choices an apple or a pear. In this univerese you choose an apple, however in a different you chose a pear.

I dare say "no". No one said anything about multi-verse theories.
He says there is one universe and anything you think of as a choice is not a choice because the particles set in motion by the Big Bang predestine every minute detail of matter behavior for all times until the next Big Bang. The particles cannot in any way change their path of movement since they have no resident energy of their own to do so and therefore there is really only one possible outcome in every situation.
(I don't share that opinion but that's how I would summarize what he wrote.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 3:25 pm 

I see, thanks for the summory, that is in part true. However he's forgetting that many atoms/ particles have become part of living organisms whihcthough can be predictated to a degree can act extreme irratict and unpredictably. no matter ones amount of knowledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2007, 6:33 pm 
Regular

I got a question. Is it possible that more than one big bang occured? I don't mean it repeatedly occurs, but that an entirely different set of matter was spread in an area outside of the area that our big bang (that phrase sounds kind of wrong) encompassed. And if this second big bang existed, would it be a seperate universe, or would it be another part of our universe?

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2007, 7:55 pm 
Regular

It's entirely possible. The current prevailing theory is that our universe is actually inside a contained 'bubble' that was initially caused by the Big Bang, sort of like the inside of a snow globe. Scientists haven't the faintest idea of what exists outside our universe. It's entirely possible that our universe is but one of a multitude of similar universes floating in some ethereal void.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2007, 10:08 pm 
Major Contributor

Well Super String Theory posits the existence of multiple planes of existence separate from our own. According to that theory, a universe is created when two separate dimensions collide with each other. The energy released in such a collision would be the basis for the creation of a new dimension, a new Universe. But of course SS Theory is just a theory, and the proof is only theoretical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2007, 4:39 pm 

Umm that sounds like an interesting theory. But of course we won't ever be able to prove it. Hell we can't for certain prove that reality actually exists. I still think we are all sims in somebodies computer or you all are in my head in this really weidr dream. Still it's good to see this thread up again, even if only for a short time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 3:25 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
Umm that sounds like an interesting theory. But of course we won't ever be able to prove it.

Like someone else said: We just lack the necessary research methods and possibilities.
Forever is a very, very long time. Humans tend to think in terms of their own puny, limited lifespans... 8)

The Adict wrote:
or you all are in my head in this really weird dream

Like a friend of mine once said:
"I am the only real person and you are only mindless robots who are there to test me..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 10:07 pm 
Major Contributor

Actually SS Theory can be proven if we can prove the existence of the graviton. In SS Theory, the force of gravity is caused by subatomic particles called gravitons, similar to how light is governed by subatomic particles called photons. There are several very large particle accelerators currently being used to test for the existence of gravitons. So far so success, but we could one day discover its existence.

But for the moment, the proof is only mathematical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 1:34 pm 

Umm, no offense Spaz, but how could be prove another reality exist when we can't even prove this reality exists?

And yes I joking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 2:07 pm 
Regular

Theory

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2007, 3:24 am 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
Umm, no offense Spaz, but how could be prove another reality exist when we can't even prove this reality exists?

And yes I joking.

Well, in all seriousness, the key to proving Super String Theory, and hence proving the existence of other universes is proving the existence of the graviton. If we can prove that the graviton exists, then that would pave the way for proving SS theory empirically rather than just mathematically.

And yes Super String Theory is one of the theories that attempt to unify the conflicting views of the universe presented by general relativity and modern cosmology vs. quantum mechanics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2007, 10:43 am 

Note i said I was joking.

Like I said I think it is an interesting theory. I hope they can prove it. That then I could hear more about it. But the thing I hope the make major discoveries in more then that are Black holes, or point signularities, though black hole is more acurate. Because a black hole is exactly that a black hole to the best of our knowledge. Still I'd like to know more about them sice the are the most powerful forces of distruction know to man simple because the exist, well to our knowledge till the end of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2008, 2:28 am 
Major Contributor

Okay, here's a new topic:

Do you believe in God? Why or Why not?

To be clear, I don't really want to discuss specific religions. I'm more interested in the philosophical reasons why you believe or don't believe in God.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next