Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 18th, 2017, 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Who are you? Get to know your fellow forum members . . .
PostPosted: January 29th, 2012, 6:44 pm 
Post Master

So I've lost 43.4 pounds so far, and I weigh around 175 pounds now, but there is still another 10-15 pounds to lose before I am satisfied. The weight loss has been going very slow since Christmas because I got sloppy with my diet. I started eating some junk food because I could get away with it while still losing weight for a while, but I think I've hit a hard plateau right now. I'm going to have to fight my temptation as hard as I can right now.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2012, 2:26 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
I've lost 43.4 pounds so far, and I weigh around 175 pounds now

Good work.

Sometimes I suspect the junkfood corps of inserting addictive substances into their products.
Been working for a Turk a while back, exhibition stand construction and deconstruction in, say, Frankfurt; generously paid for everyone's lunch but always bought at McD's. He'd stay a mile away from pork (safe and clean and checked by a certified veterinarian nowadays) but praised McD's cheeseburgers as a pinnacle of culinary culture.
Ten years ago I felt an urge to eat a whopper or something like that every now and then, two or three times a year; for several reasons I stopped the habit and after a year the urge completely vanished.
Friend of mine ate at McD's at least once a week, feeling an appetite for the stuff almost daily. Got married and into a responsible position, lunches at work, regular dinners at home; says he completely lost any appetite for fastfood after a while.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2012, 7:00 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
Sometimes I suspect the junkfood corps of inserting addictive substances into their products.
Been working for a Turk a while back, exhibition stand construction and deconstruction in, say, Frankfurt; generously paid for everyone's lunch but always bought at McD's. He'd stay a mile away from pork (safe and clean and checked by a certified veterinarian nowadays) but praised McD's cheeseburgers as a pinnacle of culinary culture.
Ten years ago I felt an urge to eat a whopper or something like that every now and then, two or three times a year; for several reasons I stopped the habit and after a year the urge completely vanished.
Friend of mine ate at McD's at least once a week, feeling an appetite for the stuff almost daily. Got married and into a responsible position, lunches at work, regular dinners at home; says he completely lost any appetite for fastfood after a while.

I don't have a problem with fast food myself. I think most of it doesn't taste that good, and I'm money conscience. The only fast food item that's of good value in my knowledge is the junior chicken at McD, because it's $1.50 and not that much smaller than the $5 McChicken, so I do have a junior chicken every so often when I'm starving out of home.

My cravings consist of the various sweet junk food that my overweight parents put in the kitchen, like cookies, cake, and muffins.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2012, 5:12 pm 
Post Master

I've gotten back on track with controlling my diet since my last post and now I've lost 51.6 pounds total. For anyone trying to lose weight I recommend the excellent combination of tuna + salsa I discovered recently. Tuna is low in calories and high in protein while salsa is just low in calories and makes the tuna taste less dry and boring.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2012, 6:39 am 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
For anyone trying to lose weight I recommend the excellent combination of tuna + salsa

Since "salsa" just means "sauce", could you specify?

PostPosted: February 25th, 2012, 6:25 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
Since "salsa" just means "sauce", could you specify?

The traditional mexican salsa that looks like this: http://www.salsarecipe.ca/picture/big.jpg
http://store.iuneeds.com/images/tostitos_medium.jpg

It's basically light tomatoe juice, tomatoe chunks, small beans, and other small pieces of veggies and spices.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2012, 1:35 am 

I remember this time I tried to lose weight and did so pretty quickly by limiting my diet to tuna crackers, water and fruits; and lots of exercise. It's all about eating real food with low calorie value that still keeps your stomach full. Tuna does a heck of a job.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2012, 5:46 am 
Post Master

The effect of my weight loss so far:
220 pounds to 162.6 pounds (57.4 lost)
41" waist to 32" waist pants
Extra large shirts to medium shirts

I'm no longer worried about my short jaw because my face and neck have shrunk and my jaw has become somewhat defined. I no longer feel the need to grow a goatee and extend my jaw forward for pictures. However, I'm still insecure about my man boobs. They shrunk a little bit but if anything, they are bigger then before proportionally to my gut. Still not going to give up though, they should still go away once I get a low body fat % and shouldn't come back after that.

My diet is better than ever. I've stopped eating cereal for breakfast and have replaced it with various fruit smoothies, made with skim milk + a banana + strawberries/blueberries/raspberries. Throughout the rest of the day, I have some of these things: fat free sucralose-sweetened yogurt, an omelet with a side of ham, a subway sandwich packed with veggies (without cheese and sauce, and I try to shave off as much bread as possible), and a can of tuna with salsa. I have no problems with the taste of any of those which has made me immune to temptation for junk food.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2012, 8:31 am 
Resident Scholar

Congratulations and respects.
I wouldn't want a complete change of what I eat... if I can't eat what I feel like I'm less happy, and I want to avoid that. I just eat as much as I need and less than I could. :sweat:

PostPosted: March 25th, 2012, 5:37 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
Congratulations and respects.
I wouldn't want a complete change of what I eat... if I can't eat what I feel like I'm less happy, and I want to avoid that. I just eat as much as I need and less than I could. :sweat:

There's nothing wrong with that, it just means you're content with your appearance. I'm not, and I'm willing to completely change my eating habits to look the way I want. I've never had a girlfriend or kiss in my life, because I used to look like a piece of shit, and also used to have a shitty personality. My man boobs have been the source of 8 years of insecurity and I've had enough.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2012, 12:38 am 

Mmsven wrote:
The effect of my weight loss so far:
220 pounds to 162.6 pounds (57.4 lost)
41" waist to 32" waist pants
Extra large shirts to medium shirts

That's great man! congrats! Working hard always pays off!!

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2012, 5:04 am 
Post Master

My goals for weight loss have changed a bit over the past couple months. My progress in the gym has not been satisfactory and I'd been on the same weights for too long. So what I'm doing now is cycling between bulking up on food and hardcore cutting, to increase my results. I'm working 20 hours a week now so it's easier to lose weight. Every time I'm cutting, my goal is to lose 2 more pounds than my last lowest weight. I've bulked and cut twice so far and I'm bulking again. My metabolism has been even better to me than I could've ever thought possible. It seems to take at least 3 weeks of bulking to gain around 4 pounds and 1 week to lose more than that. The first time I went on a cutting diet I lost 4 pounds in 7 days, and the second time I lost 6 pounds in 6 days.

My cutting diet consists of half a gallon of skim milk, a bunch of artificially sweetened yogurt, and a can of tuna every day. I chose those because they are all excellent sources of protein for their calorie count, and it amounts to around 140 grams of protein and 1200-1400 calories.

This will slow down my goal to have a low body fat % but the extra muscle gain and the freedom to eat sweets and junk is completely worth it.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2012, 12:00 am 
Post Master

Haven't been posting on the internet at all recently because I haven't had the urge to. I've become content with just keeping everything to myself and my close friends. Anything that doesn't take a huge amount of effort just feels completely inconsequential, and I feel my time is better spent doing things like watching anime and playing games instead of posting about them now that I don't have as much free time. I do still read a lot of forums, though.

One thing I do feel like talking about is my weight lifting journey, to follow up on my other uninformed posts. I fucked up my lower back pretty badly (possibly herniated disk) 2 months ago doing squats with bad form, and I still wasn't getting any good progress going on any exercises. I'm too passionate about this to quit easily though, so I've done a lot of research about weight lifting since then. The most important thing I learned is that you need to eat a fuck ton of food to actually build muscle. For the past month and a half I've been eating like a pig, 3000-4000 calories a day and I'm barely gaining any weight at all. If you're going to the gym and working hard you can fire up your metabolism to the point where you simply won't gain any fat easily unless you have bad genetics. Basically you have to find out how much calories you can get without going up in weight too fast.

The other most important thing I've learned is that trying new exercises is important, instead of following a strict plan. If your joints hurt on a certain exercise (while you think your form is right), or if you aren't going up in weight, just do something else to work that body part. I wasn't comfortable doing barbell overhead press because of how dangerous it is, so I switched to the hammer strength shoulder press machine which hurt my shoulders, so now I've settled with dumbbell shoulder press. Free weights (dumbbells and barbells) are more effective at building muscle, but whatever allows you to put a lot of effort in is the most important.

Another important point (because everything I'm talking about is important) to is keep constantly evaluating your form until it's completely mastered. As easy as bench press seems at first, I found that there are a ton of small details you need to know if you're pushing your limits. Just knowing sometimes isn't enough either because you need to execute properly, so you need to take note of any pains you encounter. I wouldn't trust the word of random people in a gym because most of them, even though they lift a lot of weight, actually have horrible form. Gym staff or personal trainers, maybe. Now I try to avoid snapping up my joints because that is the opposite of the reason I go to the gym.

I also would not recommend beginners do 5 rep sets. The StrongLifts 5x5 program has a lot of good concepts to follow, like starting at low weight and small increments, but eventually you'll just be lifting too heavy for a beginner. It's hard to improve your form when you're lifting that heavy, and I've since switched to 4 sets of 8 reps and It's a lot more comfortable while still focusing on strength over hypertrophy.

Some other small stuff:
-You should buy shoes with flat, hard soles if you are doing exercises like deadlift, squats, or barbell rows, because it's impossible to properly balance in your heels when wearing running shoes. I bought a pair of converse all-stars for this purpose.
-The only good supplements for natural bodybuilding are multivitamins, fish oil (for general health) and protein powder. Fibre powder if you aren't getting enough of that (to avoid hemorrhoids, which is common in weight lifters)
-Make sure you're getting the right range of motion in your exercises. Too much and you'll hurt yourself, too little and you'll get an inefficient workout. There's a split in opinion between whether you should lock your elbows on exercises like bench press but I do it and haven't have any elbow pain at all so I think it's fine, just don't take it too far and hyperextend your elbows or keep the weight on them for too long.

Can't think of anything else for now.

PostPosted: August 28th, 2013, 2:41 am 

Whatup. I'm back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12