Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: User/reader review section
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2007, 7:20 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
It may not the best idea but I think the anime review section will be nice if it had user/reader review section which allows visitor to to make his/her own review on certain anime/manga/bishoujo game.This is important because the visitors might noticed what official reviewers missed.

However user/reader review section is very expensive to make and this site need to be updated everyday because we never know when the visitors will going to post his/her review.So far only popular gaming sites and anime blogs have this feature

Post subject: Re: User/reader review section
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2007, 8:44 am 
Resident Scholar

Amex_Yohko wrote:
allows visitor to to make his/her own review on certain anime/manga/bishoujo game. This is important because the visitors might noticed what official reviewers missed.

I'd say this would lead to a considerable degree of chaos and misuse.
Of course visitors might have ideas how to improve a review, but: I think that offering them the option to comment on existing reviews would be enough. The official reviewer or the admin can then decide whether or not to incorporate the suggested changes or additions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2007, 11:30 am 
Post Master

If a user wanted to post reviews, you could ask Aaron if you could join the review team. But your going to have to put your spaces after your periods if you want to do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2007, 6:26 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
If a user wanted to post reviews, you could ask Aaron if you could join the review team.

Nah... If I accidentally trip over this page and find a review which I find improvable, I make a suggestion to the admin, but don't ask to join the team, since there are few sites which I visit more than once in my life after all... I visit, take whatever information or data I need and disappear, most likely never to return. I don't want to feel burdened with duties a permanent membership of a site I'm no longer interested in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 8:49 am 
Major Contributor

Actually I don't think putting a comment option after reviews is such a great idea either. It's just another venue for spam. I think leaving the comments for the forums is the best way to go since it helps reduce clutter on the main site and makes things more organized in general.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 5:47 pm 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
a comment option after reviews is (...) just another venue for spam.

Hm, can't say that didn't have some truth in it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 12:58 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
42317 wrote:
spazmaster666 wrote:
a comment option after reviews is (...) just another venue for spam.

Hm, can't say that didn't have some truth in it...

One of the many reasons as to why I wouldn't do user comments/reviews stuff on the actual site. If someone wants to comment, they can just do it in the forum, or if they want to review a show they can start a thread for it, which in turn entices conversations and debates on the show. The forum is also easily moderated, which the other methods are not. It would be way to much work to separate the real ones from the spam, etc. Not just the spam reviews, but the spam comments as well, ugh! (I have nightmares about turning off the admin activation feature and the hordes of spam that would ensue on the forum :evil: )

The other problem with a user/reader review section is that if you haven't interacted with them in a forum or read a number of their reviews you really don't know how their tastes compare to yours and thus it becomes just another voice in the wind with no weight given to it. When members of the forum post a review, summation of thoughts, opinion, etc. on a series other members will usually have an idea of their likes/dislikes and you will have the ability to talk about it to delve deeper into their thought processes. Or when Spaz/I post a review, we have a growing backlog of of titles reviewed and a whole lot of forum posts, so people get a good idea of our opinion, what genera's we like, what cliches we hate, our thoughts on fan service in anime, and so on. So people have the ability to gauge their personal tastes against ours, and either give it a positive or negative weight, but it will have some impact on them, as opposed to none at all in the other case. That's also the reason why I don't have tons of people writing reviews and chose to keep it at just a handful. That's why I don't see a review area on the actual site as a good idea, but by all means people are free to post a review/their thoughts on any given series in the forum.